DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

Don't get too excited. They were still one of the ten most popular bands/artists amongst teenagers in a poll done in 2009. Only band to make the top ten on every age group surveyed.

Because they are better than everyone else.

"kids know the beatles are the best" is a lot like "kids know the truth about jesus." Yeah, maybe, but maybe it's because it's what their parents believe and they don't know if it's what they believe yet.

this is my last comment on the matter, dont want to sabotage the thread more than this

Sorry, but I can't let this go without one last snarky reply:

Yes, because teenagers are famous for liking whatever their parents listen to...

(FWIW, I nearly never heard the Beatles growing up.  My mom was a bit younger than that, into Bob Seger and Prince.  It was in college that I really heard more than a handful of their songs. It's timeless, it's amazing, and it's better than any other full catalog by any other artist I've ever come across.)

My ten year old loves Elvis (I don't know how he heard about him) and Johnny Cash (I got him into Johnny; He already liked Hank Williams Snr though), but I think the only Beatles he's heard is on Teens React to the Beatles on youtube. Them Fine Brothers.

Came home from the store with the bottle of bleach my wife requested. Set it on the kitchen table whereupon it proceeded to somehow fall on the floor, the cap popping off and the safety seal coming undone. About a cup of bleach spilled on our floor, some ending up on my pants. Fortunately, no animals present at the time and nothing on any carpeting. So, catastrophe averted but the kitchen now smells like a swimming pool.

It's SNOW! It's NOT STICKING! FUCKING DRIVE! How the hell does it take me TWO HOURS to get from Waldorf, MD to Washington D.C.? There was like 10 accidents on the way into work today. It's days like today I am sad we do not have teleportation...or at the very least tube travel

I always feel like I'm one of a precious few that has no affection for the Beatles.  I don't dislike them.  But I don't care for them, either.

Nah, every group of friends has a "The Beatles are so overrated you guys" person.

It's not really that, at least not completely.  I just never got into them.  I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to the Beatles.

I always feel like I'm one of a precious few that has no affection for the Beatles. I don't dislike them. But I don't care for them, either.

Nah, every group of friends has a "The Beatles are so overrated you guys" person.

It's not really that, at least not completely. I just never got into them. I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to the Beatles.

*raises hand* me too

I know the performers names. Even Pete Best. I know most of their mainstream music, I know a decent portion of their individual music. Except Ringo Starr. Did he ever release an album? Hell, has anyone ever heard him sing?

Anyway. In spite of all of this* the bottom line is that I never bought an album. As the Fab Four, Wings, or in any other form. I never had the desire.

It's SNOW! It's NOT STICKING! FUCKING DRIVE! How the hell does it take me TWO HOURS to get from Waldorf, MD to Washington D.C.? There was like 10 accidents on the way into work today. It's days like today I am sad we do not have teleportation...or at the very least tube travel

I usually agree with people in their arguments about DC traffic and weather but if Maryland was anything like Virginia they completely ignored the main roads this morning and didn't see anyone work on the roads.  Hell I couldn't tell if it was salted.    When you already have horrible drivers that will leave their cars off the road when it start to rain then it is a disaster waiting to happen.

I know the performers names. Even Pete Best. I know most of their mainstream music, I know a decent portion of their individual music. Except Ringo Starr. Did he ever release an album? Hell, has anyone ever heard him sing?

Ringo did the lead vocals on A Little Help with My Friends. The Beatles version, not the Joe Cocker version.

He also narrated Thomas the Tank Engine on British kid's TV for a few years.

Plastic Ono Band is probably the most emotionally open rock album ever.

Ringo also sang Yellow Submarine and a few other songs and covers. He's released a lot of albums, but nothing really essential. He's a perfectly acceptable singer with a limited range, but that's about it.

Harrison's early solo stuff is amazing. Years worth of tracks that didn't fit in his one song per side role in the band. It gets sketchy after the first few albums though.

Paul's solo career/Wings is mostly really good but disposable top 40 pop.

I usually agree with people in their arguments about DC traffic and weather but if Maryland was anything like Virginia they completely ignored the main roads this morning and didn't see anyone work on the roads.  Hell I couldn't tell if it was salted.    When you already have horrible drivers that will leave their cars off the road when it start to rain then it is a disaster waiting to happen.

The roads weren't bad mostly because it seemed you guys got the worst of it. I was on 210 pretty much the entire way and it was stop and go but my lil Toyota handled it fine. The most disappointing thing was there was almost no snow left when I got off of work, I was so excited to have a snowball fight with my kids. If I have to sit in traffic for two hours, the snow should still be there when I get home to have a snowball fight.

I'M SORRY I SAID ANYTHING, OKAY

WE HAVE A MUSIC BOARD, THIS IS THE VENTING THREAD, SO FUCK ME FOR MOUTHING OFF AND STARTING REVERIE HOUR

I think it's pretty hilarious how old people can get so easily trolled by kids.

• Like 1

I'M SORRY I SAID ANYTHING, OKAY

WE HAVE A MUSIC BOARD, THIS IS THE VENTING THREAD, SO FUCK ME FOR MOUTHING OFF AND STARTING REVERIE HOUR

I think it's pretty hilarious how old people can get so easily trolled by kids.

I think it's funny that anyone cares that other people's kids don't listen to the 50 year old pop music they like.

• Like 2