DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

I think its luck of the draw.  I hate USPS, but my UPS driver is the nicest guy in the world, I've never had any issues with UPS in the five years I've lived at this address.  My only issue with FedEx is they always want a signature even if the shipper didn't request one (no idea why), so I get the package a day late.

Last time I had something delivered from FedEx I had to sign for it. I'm a night owl, so I get to bed most nights at 5 a.m. FedEx guy came between 9 and 10. No fun.

I think its luck of the draw.  I hate USPS, but my UPS driver is the nicest guy in the world, I've never had any issues with UPS in the five years I've lived at this address.  My only issue with FedEx is they always want a signature even if the shipper didn't request one (no idea why), so I get the package a day late.

Last time I had something delivered from FedEx I had to sign for it. I'm a night owl, so I get to bed most nights at 5 a.m. FedEx guy came between 9 and 10. No fun.

FedEX I don't mind. UPS is always the one that I've had issues with. FedEx will leave a slip on my door and tell me I can pick it up that night. I am perfectly fine with that.

If I'm not home for UPS, I basically have to call and deal with their customer service for who knows how long and how many confirmation calls to make sure I can go to the distribution center to pick it up as the trucks pull into the back of the building. The UPS distribution center here is tough to get into and even worse trying to leave.

My nearest FedEx office is about 40 minutes away driving, so I wanted them to deliver it to the house.

And may I say, FUCK A "UNIVERSAL" BIKE RACK STRAIGHT UP THE KEISTER. I just tried to install my old one on my car now, and I wouldn't put a feather on it and expect it to stay put. I'm not giving up just yet (had to get away from it for a while), but I'm THIS close.

EDIT: I gave up. Buying a new bike rack probably tomorrow or Wednesday.

My work scheduled our holiday party for January 30th, with is pretty WTF on its own, but is also the same day my girlfriend is having knee surgery. So I'll be sitting in the hospital with her instead of sucking down free top shelf cocktails.

My UPS stories:

Where we used to live in Colorado was an apartment complex with no security whatsoever.  None needed.  We lived in the main building, 5 feet from the manager's office/apartment.  Literally, walk up 8 stairs, immediately you're at our door, which was directly across from the manager.

We moved to Colorado a few months after our wedding and ordered our photo album to be shipped to us there.  This was no inexpensive item - somewhere in the $800-$1000 range.  It was shipped with signature required.  UPS delivered it without even ringing our doorbell or asking for a signature.

A year or so later, my wife had a repair done on her wedding ring at the jeweler in Michigan where I'd bought it.  This was a rather more expensive item than our album.  Same deal, shipped with signature required, etc.  Same deal - UPS delivered it without even ringing our door bell.  

Fortunately in both cases, we got the items without issue but... 

On the other hand, there was the local post office.  If you got a package delivered to your home, for teachers anyway, they would bring them to the school where you taught.  Without even asking, they'd just make the original delivery there.

Fuck last night. While waiting for the Aleve to kick in for my gout flare-up, my leg decided to cramp, as if my body were performing an experiment to see whether I could have enough pain in one limb that I would decide to cut it off.

Damn, fuuuuuck gout. I used to get it in my right, big toe all the time. Losing a little weight and cutting out red meat helped me. Last two years I've only had one bad bout of it. People who have never had it just don't know how bad it sucks.

UPS & Fedex seem to work fine here.  We've received a ton of deliveries for baby stuff with no issues.  We also had a couple medication deliveries for my wife that were worth more than either of our cars, and didn't have any problems there.

USPS, on the other hand, is a disaster for us, and has been since we moved here 16 years ago.  For several years we would only get about 80% of our mail.  The rest would go to various neighbors. And, of course, we would get our neighbors' mail in our box.  We'd all just deliver it to the right person ourselves.  Eventually enough people complained and they mostly sorted it out.

It's still a serious mess though.  We came home one day last year to find a big, plastic grocery bag hanging off our door.  It contained about 50 pieces of our mail that was mostly 3-4 months old.  It also contained mail for 5-6 other people.  No clue how it got there.  We spent about an hour returning all the mail throughout our neighborhood, since it came from a bunch of different streets.

Even now, we're waiting on two critical pieces of mail from the company that my wife and I both work for.  We know they were mailed on November 19th, but still haven't received anything.  I'm not holding my breath on them delivered anytime soon, if at all.

My morning radio show du jour has a contest called "Finishing Move Or Sex Move".  (At least one of the guys on the show is a big wrestling fan.)

I realized that I had a near-perfect rate of success if I went with the mindset that if I didn't recognize the name, it was a sex move.

Not so much a complaint as it is a statement about my place in life.  Heh.

Fuck last night. While waiting for the Aleve to kick in for my gout flare-up, my leg decided to cramp, as if my body were performing an experiment to see whether I could have enough pain in one limb that I would decide to cut it off.

Damn, fuuuuuck gout. I used to get it in my right, big toe all the time. Losing a little weight and cutting out red meat helped me. Last two years I've only had one bad bout of it. People who have never had it just don't know how bad it sucks.

As an older dude, I am trying to prepare mentally for one of the following things to happen to me:

1. Gout

2. Kidney stones

3. Shingles (God, those things suck - mom had them and they nearly killed her)

4. Prostate trouble.

As an older dude, I am trying to prepare mentally for one of the following things to happen to me:

1. Gout

2. Kidney stones

4. Prostate trouble.

I had shingles when I was 14...on my side...during wrestling season. Yup....fuck shingles.

Minor shit really, but my car, or really the dealer that's working on it, is driving me nuts.  I had the power steering pump replaced in May.  The car has 200+K miles on it, shit happens.  Everything was fine till it started trying to die and lost all power 3 weeks ago.  It turned out to be an oxygen sensor that needed replacing.  Again, not a big surprise.  They also said we needed new tires.  I already knew that, so we got them to price match what we wanted.  Finally they said the power steering pump had failed.  They wanted to charge us till we pointed out that the repair was still under warranty.  Got the car back after a few days, and thought everything was fine.

That night I happened to look at the tires and noticed that they weren't what we paid for.  We just hadn't paid attention till then.  Got set to take it back the next morning and heard a fairly nasty noise coming from the engine compartment.  After they'd had a look at the car again, they figured out that they'd put our tires on the wrong car, so they had to order a new set.  Also, they found out that the new power steering pump had failed, so they had to replace it yet again.  This time they had the car for more than a week, partly because they finished it about the time we left town for vacation.  Got it back on Friday, made sure it had the right tires, and everything appeared fine.

Today I had to do a 200 mile round trip for an out of town doctor appointment.  Just as I pulled into the parking lot I started to hear the same sound coming from the power steering pump again.  Fortunately, the power steering didn't fail on the way home, though the fluid level did start to get frighteningly low.  Dropped it off again at the dealer for what I assume will be be my 5th power steering pump since may.  Really don't have time for this shit.

Power steerin'? I didn't have no power steerin' when I walked 20 miles one-way to school every morning barefoot in the driving snow! You kids think you have it bad!

That sucks. Might it be the dealer constantly messing up the install? Any other dealers you can take it to?

1. Gout

2. Kidney stones

4. Prostate trouble.

I had Chicken Pox when I was 15 plus I have been a Type 1 Diabetic for over 21 years. Shingles is just a time bomb waiting to go off in me, I hope to never get it, but I kinda fully expect it at some point. :angry:

Power steerin'? I didn't have no power steerin' when I walked 20 miles one-way to school every morning barefoot in the driving snow! You kids think you have it bad!

That sucks. Might it be the dealer constantly messing up the install? Any other dealers you can take it to?

In our old age we need those kinda creature comforts man.

The warranty is only good for this dealer, so I gotta go back to them unless I want to pay for this myself.  I assume they're fucking something up.  My guess is that there's another issue with the steering system that they haven't found yet, and that's causing the problem.  Other possibility is that they bought a bunch of these parts at the same time, and the whole lot is screwed.

Let me make mention about the connection with T1 Diabetes and Shingles. Diabetes lowers your immune system and makes you far more susceptible to picking up nasty things. So the combo of chicken pox and diabetes makes it a double whammy chance for picking up shingles.

Get the vaccine?