DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

Got a bit sidetracked lately, will need to.  Right now, got to check into financial assistance for my medical bills.

I'm at the point where I just try to keep my opinions to myself.  I unfriended a bunch of people on social media in the past several months and I've started another purge in recent days.

From what I've seen, I may even extend that purge to family members soon but I'd rather get through the holidays first.

I love the Unfollow feature, where you quit seeing their stupid shit on their timeline without unfriending them (cause people may have that Fluff-Busting Purity add-on that tells you when people de-friend you). I had to Unfollow someone the other day when I couldn't for the life of me figure out why we were friends in the first place.

• Like 1

I try to keep my social media contributions to wrestling and (attempted) jokes and dork stuff.  I know a lot of people with a lot of different points of view and I'm cool with interacting with them about the things we have in common.  Some people are just more tolerable in smaller doses, as opposed to the constant presence that social media becomes.  I'm just not a confrontational person and avoid commenting at times because I simply don't feel like arguing with people.  I spent a LONG time on here and a few other forums without posting at all for those reasons.

I love the Unfollow feature, where you quit seeing their stupid shit on their timeline without unfriending them (cause people may have that Fluff-Busting Purity add-on that tells you when people de-friend you). I had to Unfollow someone the other day when I couldn't for the life of me figure out why we were friends in the first place.

You are awesome; I did not know that feature existed. Now I won't need to read all the hippy-dippy bullshit posted to my Facebook feed by otherwise nice people who I don't want to un-friend.

Not to sound snarky/dickish about it, but if it was someone whose opinion I cared about to the point where I wouldn't want them to know I was unfriending them, I probably wouldn't unfriend them.

It's not necessarily that I care about their opinions. I just don't want anyone coming up to me or messaging me or whatever and saying "why'd you unfriend me?" Usually when I unfollow someone, they're spouting political opinions that differ from mine, and I ain't puttin' up with that shit on Facebook, so they get unfollowed.

I unfollowed one dude 'cause he the nastiest habit of spoiling UFC results for me. It was after the shows, granted, but I knew to stay away from Yahoo, etc., to avoid seeing results. I thought I was relatively safe on Facebook (before they started that "what's trending" or whatever thing on the right-hand side of the page that I snuffed out with Facebook/Fluff-Busting Purity).

I unfollowed an old friend of mine from college 'cause he's turned into an insufferable douchebag - I would unfriend him, but I still see him around town. I predict this conversation wouldn't go well:

"Why'd you unfriend me?"

"Because you're an insufferable douchebag."

Not to sound snarky/dickish about it, but if it was someone whose opinion I cared about to the point where I wouldn't want them to know I was unfriending them, I probably wouldn't unfriend them.

Eh, there are some people I know who are are nice enough -- and I may want to be able to get a hold of them or follow some stuff that they're saying -- who for some reason feel the need, when they get on the internet, to post a ton of stuff that is pointless or mildly annoying nonsense. It's nice to have the option to filter that out.