DVDVR Message Board

Raw 5-12-14

MGFanJay

By gimmick, I'm talking about the entire Rusev gimmick, and the simple fact of the matter is that that booty probably just doesn't bring ya flagpole to full salute as quickly when she turns back into a Florida girl. 

6007605393_cb36f06e3c_z_zps9f280456.jpg

• Like 2

Alicia Fox was the greatest last night.  Her Northern Lights suplex makes me feel funny, visual T-Plus.  Post-match she really went for it as well.Great stuff.

Usos & Cena vs. Wyatts and Fandango vs. Dolph were fun matches as well.

Lana would have been a great manager in the 80's/90's against Duggan.  "Hawk-Sah Jeem Doogan. Hak-Twooie, You are Jaybron. Super Athlete - Rusev! make him hoo-mble!"

Eventually, of course, they have to run a Ninotchka gimmick for Lana, and it'd have to come full circle with Xavier Woods americanizing her by showing her episodes of Saved by the Bell and drinking OK Cola with her.

• Like 1

Alicia Fox was the greatest last night.  Her Northern Lights suplex makes me feel funny, visual T-Plus.  Post-match she really went for it as well. Great stuff.

Usos & Cena vs. Wyatts and Fandango vs. Dolph were fun matches as well.

Lana would have been a great manager in the 80's/90's against Duggan.  "Hawk-Sah Jeem Doogan. Hak-Twooie, You are Jaybron. Super Athlete - Rusev! make him hoo-mble!"

Lana TOTALLY needs to start commanding Rusev to make people humble. Holy shit, 

• Like 1

Eventually, of course, they have to run a Ninotchka gimmick for Lana, and it'd have to come full circle with Xavier Woods americanizing her by showing her episodes of Saved by the Bell and drinking OK Cola with her.

The OK soda reference wins Matt D the entire internet for the day. Do with it what you will.

The OK soda reference wins Matt D the entire internet for the day. Do with it what you will.

You know they could also run this gimmick using Bill Eadie. He completely unbrainwashed Krusher Kruchev and got him wearing faux S&M gear. Perhaps that's the way to go with Lana.

• Like 1

I can't deal with Michael Cole telling us how much fun superstars like to have anymore. 

"The Usos love to have fun with John Cena!" You mean assisting the veteran with what's supposed to be the biggest challenge of his career against the monster hillbilly cult that's murdered you in the ring time and time again? Yes. Fun. Let's all have fun!

Hate.

EDIT: Also that STF on Rowan was probably the worst Cena has ever not locked in. Oof. 

• Like 6

I can't deal with Michael Cole telling us how much fun superstars like to have anymore.

"The Usos love to have fun with John Cena!" You mean assisting the veteran with what's supposed to be the biggest challenge of his career against the monster hillbilly cult that's murdered you in the ring time and time again? Yes. Fun. Let's all have fun!

Hate.

I wish Cole would expand upon what kind of fun rather than just the ultra vague likes to have fun line. Tell us the Wyatt family enjoy making and viewing snuff films. Tell us that Big E enjoys wearing women's underwear. Tell us that Jack Swagger enjoys watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.
  • Like 2

Hate.

EDIT: Also that STF on Rowan was probably the worst Cena has ever not locked in. Oof. 

Holy shit, that STFU was ugly.  Come on Cena, snug that hold up.  Poor Erik Rowan had to sit and pretend that shit hurt.  Just terrible looking stuff.    

Xavier Woods tweeted a pic of the Nation Of Domination with a message "Theres only one way to deal with this whole Rusev situation..."

Maybe 3MB can play the role of PG-13

Or they can just hire the Alicia Protection Agency.

Man, just when you think Alicia Fox can't get any better. Unhinged Alicia is an awesome Alicia.

While the match itself was fine, these Raw/Total Divas crossover matches are just weird because they try to act like none of us realize that the show was actually filmed months ago.

What's weird about the Total Divas thing is that a relatively small number of people watch it compared to Raw. Total Divas is maxing out at around 1.5 million viewers. Then factor in that a chunk of those viewers are people who would watch any reality show on E! and don't watch the product. Doing my admittedly sloppy math, the WWE is putting matches on their main show to entertain somewhere between 500,000 to 750,000 viewers.

I've watched every Raw/Smackdown during the last five years. If you had told me before last night that Alicia Fox was a mute I might have believed you. Glad she's getting a shot.

Don't get the hate on the presentation of the Adam Rose gimmick. A new talent is just not going to get over overnight. The reactions in a lot of these random towns is pretty muted. The crowd barely even cared about Bryans announcement. The true test is going to be when he is in front of a crowd that actually pops for things.

Have Rybaxel been wearing those red hats for weeks and I didn't notice? It brings me back to the days of Mcgillicutty/Ohtunga when Axel would come out in briefs and a beanie. Memories.

Disappointed Bryan's title run is all but over now.  I hope he's dealing with all these personal issues being thrown at him all at once OK.

He needs to be banned from doing the diving headbutt.  It never looks good when does it, and it's one of the dumbest moves in his arsenal.  I don't recall him ever doing the diving headbutt until he got into the WWE.  I don't get why he adopted it as one of his recurring moves.  

• Like 1

Disappointed Bryan's title run is all but over now. I hope he's dealing with all these personal issues being thrown at him all at once OK.

He needs to be banned from doing the diving headbutt. It never looks good when does it, and it's one of the dumbest moves in his arsenal. I don't recall him ever doing the diving headbutt until he got into the WWE. I don't get why he adopted it as one of his recurring moves.

He did used to do it on the indies. But I agree with everything else you said. Stop it Bryan.

• Like 1

Harley Race and Benoit both had neck issues from using it. I never thought it was entertaining or dramatic enough to risk a broken neck. Mind you, anything off the top repeatedly is going to fuck something up. Kenta Kobashi's knees and elbows say hello. Mutoh's too for that matter.

• Like 1