DVDVR Message Board

Raw 5-12-14

MGFanJay

Rose died a death again. ALICIA FOX MADE HERSELF A FUCKING STAR. Holy shit did she rule. Bryan announced his neck injury, but nothing was said about the title. Then a bunch of crap happened until we got a fun little Cena/Usos six-man tag. Divas had a God-awful segment with scorecards. LOVED LOVED LOVED Ryback getting an RX beanie. Didn't dig Sheamus beating Rybaxel back to back in nothing matches. Selling Sheamus-Ryback as an epic was just odd since it was maybe five minutes long. Kane's "attack" on Bryan was sub-TNA. Honestly - when Abyss took RVD out with Janice off-screen, they at least sold it huge. Dolph had a match with Fandango that he won, but came off as lower on the totem pole than since Fandango at least got an angle out of it. An awful Rusev-Big E program started thanks to Duggan. Cody and Sandow had a match the crowd didn't care a lick about. JBL gave Doug Basham a shoutout and referenced losing to the Boogeyman during this. Main event angle will make for a fine highlight reel, but live, it dragged and wasn't much.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/05/raw-5-12-14.html

Screens - 

a7bc0b326252304.jpg

230246326253644.jpg

37f901326267866.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/nxrvarzhypgh61fqq46wwz1rtf9oso5g

Good beginning, good ending, horrible fucking show. That segment with Nattie/Nikki sapped my will to live. This was like a 3 hour episode of Main Event or Superstars, i mean 2 God damn Sheamus matches? Fuck that.

"Don't be a lemon, be a rose petal." - Michael Cole

I know the "But it was awesome on NXT!" talking point is bordering on cliche but it's like they're actively trying to sabotage Adam Rose. Literally everything they did right on NXT, they're doing wrong here.

Are you kidding?  Thanks to Adam Rose we got the BEST RVD MATCH IN NEARLY A DECADE!!!!

I just have a hard time buying a bunch of muscle heads, fat jocks, and strippers as "club kids."  It's like the Alpha's in REVENGE OF THE NERDS dressing in drag.  They're still the same brick heads.  Putting them in a dress and wigs is hilarious to your grandpa.

Guest Edwin

The Alicia segment was a bit awkward. She got no heat and instead got a small pop when she put on JBL's cowboy hat. I really had no idea of what to make out of it.

JBL's face while Cole was jumping at the beginning was priceless.

Cena & Usos/Wyatts was a decent little match. Finishing stretch was particularly fun.

Afterwards I got bored and stopped watching.

So we're not going to mention the big news tonight.  News that will have a huge impact on everything we see going forward. 

We're all just going to pretend that we watched that promo and didn't all just find out that Dean Ambrose is one of those people who pronounces the "t" in the word "OfTen."

OHMYGODSo adorable.  I bet he's also one of the people who pronounces the "th" in "clothes" as in "Those cloTHes are stading between me and your titties, Fandango."

Meanwhile Reigns doesn't pronounce the "l" in cowd or "t" concep or the "dual" in indivijuey.

• Like 3

Adam needs more random normal people mixed into the Easter Bunnies.

Actually, scratch that. I can't form any opinions that aren't just how terrible the Michael Cole Trio is. Jesus.

Also Alicia Fox is the shit.

Only thing I'll remember about thi how i Alicia Fox being great.

I spent forever looking for pictures of people being punched in the face and/or fat lips and yet the only good one was a Gay Activist being punched in the face in Russia. All the fat lip ones were gross.

The Alicia segment was a bit awkward. She got no heat and instead got a small pop when she put on JBL's cowboy hat. I really had no idea of what to make out of it.

If you can't figure out why that segment was awesome, you may need to consult your doctor about it.  Because that was one of the hottest Diva moments in quite some time.

• Like 1

"BIg Guy, OUT!!! Heh heh heh."  Go I love Ryback.

And then there's Sheamus: "You wann fight, FELLA???"

Well...yes, actually.  That's the whole reason for all of this.

Trash talk has evolved so much just since Mark Henry's run...the bar is high now.  Sheamus just can't keep up.

• Like 1

Any reason we should take Alicia Fox "quitting" seriously?

If I was going to pick 100 people in the company that might be given a Brian Pillman gimmick..... Alicia Fox probably still wouldn't make the list. 

Fox's post-match dealie will probably be the only thing worth remembering from this show.  I already had to think a minute to remember who she lost to.

If you can't figure out why that segment was awesome, you may need to consult your doctor about it.  Because that was one of the hottest Diva moments in quite some time.

Drunk girl tantrum isn't supposed to get heat.  The correct emotional response is "Man, she's hot...God, I'm glad I'm not with her."

Fandango making the creepiest love declaration ever will be what I remember from this show.

I like how Fandango specified that no woman has ever made him feel the way he feels. 

Ambrose...just sayin'

Also Layla has a weird case of Denny's waitress voice when she's mad.

So we're not going to mention the big news tonight. News that will have a huge impact on everything we see going forward.

We're all just going to pretend that we watched that promo and didn't all just find out that Dean Ambrose is one of those people who pronounces the "t" in the word "OfTen."

OHMYGODSo adorable. I bet he's also one of the people who pronounces the "th" in "clothes" as in "Those cloTHes are stading between me and your titties, Fandango."

Meanwhile Reigns doesn't pronounce the "l" in cowd or "t" concep or the "dual" in indivijuey.

T-T Master

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Drunk girl tantrum isn't supposed to get heat.  The correct emotional response is "Man, she's hot...God, I'm glad I'm not with her."

Considering I tuned in late and missed the majority of everything except some of the post match antics, yeah, it's rather amusing.

Since the Shield got that first beatdown in before Evolution got to the locker room to change into their ring gear...we have...

BATISTA FASHION WATCH!!!!

This Week:

US Airways pilot at a funeral who realized this morning that really is the only dress shirt and tie he owns and is hoping no one notices if he doesn't wear the jacket with the wings on it.

"Bro, no jacket?"
"Dude, just lay off okay."
" OH MY GOD, That's your uniform tie, isn't it?  And that's the shirt too!"
"Man, just back off, it's a funeral...okay."
"This is like prom with your dad's wedding tux all over again!  Hey, Richie! Richie! Check out Dave's uniform pants!  You can see the blue stripe!"
"I fucking hate you guys."

• Like 10

I skipped a lot of this show to watch the Nets/Heat game. As awesome as Sheild/Evolution is, I just can't help be old school and think the champion should get the prime time slot. Bryan as champion feels like such an after thought with all the stuff that's happened to him since he won the title.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but TNA is doing a better job with Eric Young as Daniel Bryan then the WWE is with Daniel Bryan. As much as I like Kane, this reversion back to Demon Kane has been so damn amusing and tonight when he dragged out Bryan's lifeless corpse I couldn't stop laughing. Stephanie rules though with her disingenious concern for Bryan's well being.