DVDVR Message Board

Raw 4-21-14

MGFanJay

I'm telling you...Wyatt singing "Camptown Races" in slow monotone would be creepy as hell. Especially when he gets to the part where they go "Doo dah! Doo dah!" and then you have 20,000 fans singing along with him.

Didn't ECW crowds use that tune for some memorable chants?

Poor Francine.  Even she was taken aback by what they chanted.  :)

1.jpg

This is the best pic I could find of the stage shot

♪♫ The greatest love of all is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all inside of me ♪♫
  • Like 4

As far as the match/angle goes -- of course that's how it should have went. They're selling a cage match on the whole "Bray needs his minions" thing. Cena would have beat Bray last night but Harper and Rowan beat his ass to the point where Bray could cradle Cena's skull and sway the masses even more.

Don't you think it would set up the cage match better if we didn't know that Cena could beat all three members of the family at once on his own? Why should I think Bray stands a chance one on one if he can't get the job done with his two goons beside him? Poor booking, in my opinion.

I would enjoy this whole feud in general a lot more (and that isn't to say that I'm totally down on it, as I enjoy almost everything Bray does to some extent) if we hadn't seem a similar storyline regarding Cena before (Kane and the 'rise above hate' stuff), and if a large section of the fanbase didn't support Cena's opponent in every single match he's in.

As far as the match/angle goes -- of course that's how it should have went. They're selling a cage match on the whole "Bray needs his minions" thing. Cena would have beat Bray last night but Harper and Rowan beat his ass to the point where Bray could cradle Cena's skull and sway the masses even more.

Don't you think it would set up the cage match better if we didn't know that Cena could beat all three members of the family at once on his own? Why should I think Bray stands a chance one on one if he can't get the job done with his two goons beside him? Poor booking, in my opinion.

I would enjoy this whole feud in general a lot more (and that isn't to say that I'm totally down on it, as I enjoy almost everything Bray does to some extent) if we hadn't seem a similar storyline regarding Cena before (Kane and the 'rise above hate' stuff), and if a large section of the fanbase didn't support Cena's opponent in every single match he's in.

If the plan is to have Cena lose, then Cena beating them (by DQ, we must admit) would make the ending of the PPV match more shocking.

Maybe Cena-Wyatt is just the backdrop for Harper/Rowan vs a steel cage.  Or maybe a new fourth Wyatt family member pops out from under the ring.

They should have him feud with Batista so he can sing Hooked on a Feeling.

OOGA CHAKA OOGA OOGA OOGA CHAKA OOGA OOGA.

You'd need Steven Wright as the radio DJ to intro the song; followed by Stuck in the Middle With You.

K Billy's Super Sounds of the 70s. Where the 70s keep on...truckin'.

So, you hate it when people cheer the good guy? Aren't you a normal person.

I...  I don't think that's what he said at all.

Maybe I'm reading it totally wrong, but I think he's saying the whole "crowd is turning on Cena for Bray" part of the story doesn't really work because half the crowd cheers all of Cena's opponents.

• Like 1

I...  I don't think that's what he said at all.

Maybe I'm reading it totally wrong, but I think he's saying the whole "crowd is turning on Cena for Bray" part of the story doesn't really work because half the crowd cheers all of Cena's opponents.

That's the awesome part of the storyline, though. Cena's always addressed the fans hating him and is confident enough to not let it bother him. But has anyone of his heel opponents ever actively courted the haters? Punk did during the build-up to their Chicago match, but that was a different dynamic -- Punk was a hometown hero and became an edgy face after The Pipebomb. But Punk presented himself as an alternative to Cena but never seemed to have cared if the fans cheered for him or not.

Bray's not just trying to get the crowd to turn on Cena. He's trying to make the audience join his family. A large segment of fans have hated Cena for years. But there's never been a Cena foe who wants to take those people and make them follow his righteous cause.

So, you hate it when people cheer the good guy? Aren't you a normal person.

No and no.

I thought about it last night, I weighed the positives and negatives...then I slept on it before making my decision. I'm joining the wyatts

Shit I'm Cenation for life. As a fat man I'm intrigued by the idea of people other than women being unable to see me.

If the plan is to have Cena lose, then Cena beating them (by DQ, we must admit) would make the ending of the PPV match more shocking.

Maybe Cena-Wyatt is just the backdrop for Harper/Rowan vs a steel cage.  Or maybe a new fourth Wyatt family member pops out from under the ring.

I suppose those things could happen. There are certainly different things they could do. It just seems really backwards to have Cena vs Bray in the cage (theoretically to keep Rowan and Harper out) after Cena has already shown he can not only beat Bray with Harper and Rowan around, but beat all three of them in a handicap match. It reminds me of Cena handling The Awesome Truth on his own, then turning around and saying he needs The Rock as his partner to conquer them.

Show felt like another step back this week to me but I still enjoyed it enough. Tough break for Bryan & really poor timing. Hope the crowds don't start to turn on him already. Basically two weeks worth of not doing anything on RAW after winning the belt & his first PPV opponent is Kane? Ugly.

I... I don't think that's what he said at all.

Bray isn't saying the ENTIRE crowd is joining his cause, he's talking about the people who chant and sing with him, who are now "his followers/ brothers and sisters", ( more brothers than sisters obviously), but when he says to Cena "They" he's fucking with Cena's head that their voice is ALL the voices. And eventually all will come to his embrace. Its a mixture of truth and fucking with the crowd , telling the die hard Cena fans that "YOU TOO will come to me" when they won't and saying they will gets monster heat from the kids. Classic psycho smart heel stuff. I just love it.
  • Like 1