DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

2/20 is under market value and it still retains flexibility for the next big FA class. I'm happy with the Deng deal, I fully expected it to be much, much worse. I think some of you are really underrating how bad the East was and still is.

• Like 1

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 

Pat Riley hasn't lost his touch in negotiations, the Heat got Luol Deng at their price & still have a formidable lineup.

I dunno. Hard to praise Riley when he had to max out Bosh and then get Deng. Granted a 2-year deal for Deng is reasonable for the Heat. Not sure what Deng was thinking in taking a short deal.

Deng, Bosh, Wade, McBob, seems like maybe a 6-7 seed out East if Wade plays a few more games. I dunno...That would get killed out West.

Dallas has to be sweating this now because if they don't get Parsons, they're down to Lance and not sure what else is available.

How would a team with Lance and Monta operate? Like that would cause some sort of universal implosion shit.

Dallas lost Vince and got Chandler back.  Put in offer for Parsons that they are still waiting on.  What else? 

Not sure I am super high on them, but I agree a lot depends on how much Chandler has in the tank.  I wish I could find this mystical tank.

I'm fine with him as a 3 and D guy off the bench.  Basically going to do what Vince Carter was doing last year.

3 and D... LOL

At least you have Parsons to offset the stink of the Jefferson deal. 

So Morey turned Asik, Lin, Casspi, and draft picks into Trevor Ariza. That's not great. I think dork Elvis finally outthought himself.

Mirotic tweeted that he'll be coming over to play for Chicago next year. Bulls are looking mighty intriguing.

On Twitter, Mark Stein says Rockets/Mav's still wants to do a sign and trade if the league lets them. . . WTF about "restricted" free agency doens't Morey understand? IF Silver lets that go through, what stops anyone else from trying to extort compensation through the backdoor. Nothing saying that the Mav's or any other team would have to cooperate, but that sounds like some weapons grade bullshit right there.

I've been watching Saturday Night's Main Event on the Network and now I see that they re-signed Rio. God fucking dammit. Not having to see Rio in a fucking Heat jersey again was the consolation from losing the Finals.

We need animals gifs.

Fuck.

Yall didn't really think you were going to get rid of Mario "Motherfucking" Chalmers that easy, right?  Chalmers in a Heat uniform vs. Lebron in a Cavs uniform is destiny.  Mario is going to try to dunk on Lebron if Lebron goes for the chase down block on him.  Book it.

Also, I'm stating the obvious but Houston not getting Bosh (or Melo to a lesser degree) pretty much ruin their agenda.

I'm fine with him as a 3 and D guy off the bench.  Basically going to do what Vince Carter was doing last year.

3 and D... LOL

At least you have Parsons to offset the stink of the Jefferson deal.

Well maybe just the 3 part lol.  I mean shit, he's getting vet minimum, I won't complain too much, since I'm very happy with the Mavs squad so far.