DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I got my answer to the Lin question...

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 

Rockets have already agreed to trade Jeremy Lin to Lakers. That deal seen as done. @wojyahoonba first to report Miami salvages Bosh

Also not surprising news on the one below...

Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan 

Agent Mark Bartelstein: Nick Young "had a chance to make more money coming off the year he had but this is where he wanted to make his home"

That doesn't shock me. Guys getting paid crazy money.

I love Bosh so I can live with it provided Riley puts a team around him and Wade. It's way way way too much money but whatever I'd rather have him than not have him. Considering it looked like doomsday a few hours ago I'm alright with it.

Jordan Hill getting paid by the lakers...

@wojyahoonba: Free agent forward Jordan Hill has agreed to a two-year, $18M deal to return to the Los Angeles Lakers,

Anyone remember, Kwame's price tag when the Lakers traded him to Memphis for Gasol...Yep, about $9 million.

I really like Jordan Hill btw. Expensive, but LA's signing guys to shorter deals.

Hopefully, they get a coach WHO WILL PLAY HILL because D'Antoni and Brown were absolute morons in how they used him. Guy should always play 18-20 minutes every game and not once and then sit on the bench for 3-4 games.

That said, 2-yrs/$18 million for Hill is still crazy. Pau should be getting that or more, but I'm guessing he's gone.

Edited by AlfredoE

Jordan Hill was about the brightest spot on the Lakers the last two years. Lots of energy off the bench, worked hard. I think I like him because he'd totally fit in here Chicago. He's got that Noah Gibson hustle thing going on.

Didn't he get hurt last year and come back a little funky?

I was thinking Houston is probably making a phone call to Pau Gasol since the Bosh deal got blasted, but I can't remember if Pau and Dwight didn't do well together or if that was just a general suck from the D'antoni system.

If Pau goes Knicks, is that enough to ease Carmelo's mind about being competitive now? It doesn't seem like enough.

Durant's free agency year will be fun too, of course.

The Washington D.C. Wiz and the Lakers will be circling but I think it all depends on how OKC looks these next two years(I think it's two, right?).

• Like 1

Here's the latest on Pau...

@wojyahoonba: Pau Gasol turned down a two-year, $10M-plus per deal with the Lakers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Likely moving on.

Hill basically got Pau's deal, but the 2nd year is an option, which I think was what they would have put on Pau's deal as well.

Wonder what type of money Pau will get now. He's not getting that outside of maybe Houston or Miami. Lakers are out of sign-and-trade situations for him I believe.

Didn't he get hurt last year and come back a little funky?

I believe he got hurt, but his problem was more D'Antoni refusing to play despite the Lakers getting outrebounding nightly. When Hill would play he'd always hustle.  He's most effective as an 18-20 minute energy guy.

I was thinking Houston is probably making a phone call to Pau Gasol since the Bosh deal got blasted, but I can't remember if Pau and Dwight didn't do well together or if that was just a general suck from the D'antoni system.

If Pau goes Knicks, is that enough to ease Carmelo's mind about being competitive now? It doesn't seem like enough.

Pau and Dwight had issues, but I think it was a combination of D'Antoni, Dwight and Pau being injured or recovering from injuries, and they never really gelled together on the court.

I'm not sure that would work. Pau should be a center and not play PF.

Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne 

Regarding Pau: top two now Chi/Spurs..if Bulls can't do sign and trade with Lakers, likely he goes to Spurs

Can you imagine Gasol, Duncan, Diaw, Splitter as your big-man rotation. That's a far better landing spot for Pau. I feel like the Bulls have younger guys who will want to play more, while Pop always rest guys during the season. Gasol would still get his minutes.

Also funny if that were to happen given Pop whining about the Pau deal in 2008.

If this was WWE, Lance Stephenson would be booked to join the Heat. 

Alas, the rumors say they are still reaching out toward Deng.

Yeah, I agree about Pau going to the Spurs over the Bulls IF the money/years aren't too far apart.

Edited by _MJ_

Considering all the Celtics helping each other in the league like McHale & Ainge w/ KG and Pop/Buford spawning all these coaches/GMs around the league and how the Cavs seem to get favors from the NBA, Lakers need at least one person out there to give back to la familia. :)