DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Keeps Lakers above the salary floor, doesn't impact cap past next season, helps fill out the empty roster, and likely gets them a draft pick. Good deal for L.A.

Not to mention it's a local kid coming home to play, which will at least be something in the depressing season that is sure to come.

I agree with you jae especially given Pau still thinks he's a starter and deserves to close out games. That was one of the BIG issues early on with D'Antoni when he left Pau on the bench in crunch time minutes. Pau's a class guy though, so he didn't make it a bigger issue, but that was were the split with D'Antoni started and then it got worse because D'Antoni talked shit. 

I think Pau might stay in LA. He loves LA. D'Antoni's gone. They'd probably give him a bigger 1-year deal, which would also mean he wouldn't hear trade rumors or they go 2 years with an option on the 2nd year.

Keeps Lakers above the salary floor, doesn't impact cap past next season, helps fill out the empty roster, and likely gets them a draft pick. Good deal for L.A.

Not to mention it's a local kid coming home to play, which will at least be something in the depressing season that is sure to come.

Plus the Lakers have seemed to taken over from Golden State as the place to go play if you need to get paid the following season.

Per Woj...

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 

Houston is finalizing a deal to send Jeremy Lin to the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

I hope this means they sign Randle and he can play in Summer League. I think Lakers fans don't realize he's going to be fun to watch. He wasn't used to his fullest in Kentucky due to it being college and college coaches always reign in players.  Look at all the UCLA guys turning out way better as pros.

EDIT: I'll try to cut and paste Jeremy Lin's head to Lamar Odom's body later today. Unless someone photoshops him wearing the #7 before I get back that is.

Edited by AlfredoE

I'm still not into Pau Gasol as Plan B or even a C. Noah/Taj/Mirotic/Gasol rotating minutes?

Given the age of Gasol and the general uncertainty of Mirotic, it's not the worst thing in the world, but since we don't have the pieces to get Love, and (IMO) Stephenson would be an albatross as bad as Boozer turned out to be, there's really nothing better out there if Melo stays in NY. That said...

I'd be shocked if Melo leaves all that NYC money on the table.

$30M is $30M, but in NBA salary alone, it'll be the difference between $225M and $255M over his career. At some point, how motivating is more money?

• Like 1

I'm still not into Pau Gasol as Plan B or even a C. Noah/Taj/Mirotic/Gasol rotating minutes?

I think the main reason Gasol is talked about as an option is because they think they have a shot at dumping Boozer via trade instead of using the amnesty provision, like they would with the other Plan B names tossed around like Trevor Ariza and Lance Stephenson.

Still have no idea how the Rox are going to make it work on the floor, that is a lot of money for a lot of guys who may not fit together. I love Bosh and hope it works out for him but it's going to be interesting.

Root for the Hornets. They have nicer outfits and colors.

Guest The Magnificent 7

What's being lost in all this Cleveland / LeBron fallout is that we potentially have Uncle Drew and his right hand man Wes actually playing together in the NBA.  Did you fucking see those pick and rolls? 

I hope Love goes to Cleveland just for that scenario. 

GET BUCKETS

NOW HOLD ON JUST A SEC....

David Aldridge @daldridgetnt 

Nick Young's deal to remain in L.A. with the Lakers is $21.5 million over four years, with a fourth year player option.

SAY WHAT? 

That's not how this is suppose to work! Its the OTHER teams paying big money to the Lakers role players....Well, I'm ok with it. He's a solid scoring 6th man.