DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Teams under cap that can bid on Boozer...

Kevin Pelton @kpelton 2m

My first cut at a list of teams with cap space for Boozer amnesty bid: Hawks Hornets Lakers Bucks Magic Sixers Suns Jazz

I can't imagine the Sixers bidding at all. Magic probably not either.

So 6 teams. I wish they'd show the bidding numbers. I could see the Hornets being the team that would go with $2,999,999.

I'm reminded today why I fucking love Nowitzki.  Far and away my favorite player ever, and to see that number, when he still deserves close to max is amazing.  Makes me feel even better knowing that he turned down the Lakers and Rockets.

I'm glad that Dirk is happy in Dallas and all, but after the complete boning the players got in the last CBA I get kind of squicky about stars being encouraged to take even less money because of loyalty.

It's Boozer's destiny to end up in Cleveland with Lebron.  Just 11 years later than planned.

I agree with you, but in the case of guys like Duncan and Dirk, I don't think anyone twisted their arms.  Dirk went into last season that he planned to take less.  I didn't think he meant less than 10mil per year, but that's a choice he made.  If he wanted max, I have no doubts that Cuban would have paid him.  I don't think a guy like Lebron or Melo should be undercutting themselves, but for a superstar 35 or older, taking the max is extremely selfish if you're on a team that needs to add pieces.

Charlie Bell.  He had 1 year and $4 million left on his deal.

LOL.  Can't remember who brought it up, here or Simmons, but they REALLY should have let teams trade amnesty rights. Just imagine the short sighted franchise killing stupidity that could have happened. . . 

The Warriors used their amnesty on Charlie Bell and waived Jeremy Lin rather than use it on Andris Biedrins.  (They also rescinded a qualifying offer to Reggie Williams.)  They did so in order to sign DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet that the consensus seemed to be that the Clippers would not hesitate to match (which they did).  Plan B ended up being signing Kwame Brown for almost $7 million.

The Warriors used their amnesty on Charlie Bell and waived Jeremy Lin rather than use it on Andris Biedrins.  (They also rescinded a qualifying offer to Reggie Williams.)  They did so in order to sign DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet that the consensus seemed to be that the Clippers would not hesitate to match (which they did).  Plan B ended up being signing Kwame Brown for almost $7 million

All it cost the Warriors to dump Beidrins ended up being the draft pick that became Rodney Hood, and one in two years, but yeah you saved 4 million by dumping Bell. . . .

The Warriors used their amnesty on Charlie Bell and waived Jeremy Lin rather than use it on Andris Biedrins.  (They also rescinded a qualifying offer to Reggie Williams.)  They did so in order to sign DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet that the consensus seemed to be that the Clippers would not hesitate to match (which they did).  Plan B ended up being signing Kwame Brown for almost $7 million

All it cost the Warriors to dump Beidrins ended up being the draft pick that became Rodney Hood, and one in two years, but yeah you saved 4 million by dumping Bell. . . .

Given it was part of the Iguodala three-team trade, I'm not sure you can slice Biedrins cost being only that pick. The Warriors gave up five picks in that deal.