DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

1) Doug McBuckets is going to have a very good, long career. He's one of the most versatile scorers in college basketball history. That's not hyperbole, either, considering where he ranks on the all-time list. He's an unreal set shooter but is also very good at scoring down low and even off-the-dribble. He's a cross between Rip Hamilton in his ability to score off screens and Carmelo Anthony in the ways he can get shots off. Obviously he's not as good as either of those guys but scorers like him always have a place in the league.

2) Rodney Hood is definitely a steal.

I know they want Kevin Love and it's probably the right move but as a fan, I want to see LeBron and Wiggins running the court together.

Obviously in Canada nobody wants to see this Wiggins for Love bullshit. Pretty much all our interest can stay on one club this way and we can ignore the rest of the NBA until the playoffs as always.

McDermott looks heck of slow on the dribble but his release is so nice.

Wiggins and Bennett have looked really good for the Cavs in their three games. Fuck the Kevin Love, keep the Wiggins! Or make Flip accept your dog shit Dion Waiters and draft picks. Wiggins has had some nice midrange game in the first two games. He just floats in the air and he has that ridiculous step (two steps from the three point line to the hoop!) and putback pounce.

Look how casually he does a 360 behind the back dunk in warmups:

I know they want Kevin Love and it's probably the right move but as a fan, I want to see LeBron and Wiggins running the court together.

Obviously in Canada nobody wants to see this Wiggins for Love bullshit. Pretty much all our interest can stay on one club this way and we can ignore the rest of the NBA until the playoffs as always.

Who do you most want to see traded to the Cavs to consolidate your rooting interests?  Kelly Olynyk?  Nik Stauskus?  Corey Joseph? Joel Anthony?

Dirk takes an even bigger pay-cut

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 

ESPN sources say Dirk Nowitzki has taken bigger pay cut than previously thought. Deal finalized today at three years, $25 mil for Mavs lifer

Trying to beat Tim Duncan in the "taking less" money department.

Also this...No big secret...

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 

Story going online now detailing how Rockets AND Lakers called w/max offers for Nowitzki, but he rebuffed all outside interest to stay w/DAL

The Rockets were mentioned and its never been a secret Lakers love Nowitzki. That goes back to 2007 when Cuban tried to deal for Kobe and the Lakers would only deal him for Dirk.

Dirk at max in LA would have been fantastic. Would have liked that over Melo.

Edited by AlfredoE
  • Like 1

I'm reminded today why I fucking love Nowitzki.  Far and away my favorite player ever, and to see that number, when he still deserves close to max is amazing.  Makes me feel even better knowing that he turned down the Lakers and Rockets.

• Like 1

I just remember this now, but didn't the media/Dwight/etc. make a big deal about Chandler Parsons openly recruiting Dwight Howard last year? Then, they let the Mavs have him without a "Thanks for the help" Hallmark card.  Haha, cold. 

Anyone else starting to find it weird that basically nothing has happened with Bledsoe or Monroe?

Not really.  I thought the priority would be waiting for Lebron and Carmelo to figure out where they were going, then the next movement would involve guys like Ariza, Deng, Pierce, Parsons, and Hayward.  With Bledsoe and Monroe, you have the restricted free agents whose teams seem willing to match a max contract, so teams aren't going to go after them unless the other top free agents are taken care of, because tying up your cap means you might lose out on other opportunities.  We might not see those guys go anywhere before Lance Stephenson's destination is worked out.

Anyone else starting to find it weird that basically nothing has happened with Bledsoe or Monroe?

Would have liked the Lakers to at least look into Monroe with a similar deal to Parsons. If they had to wait 3 days for Detroit to match the offer sheet WHAT HARM WOULD IT HAVE DONE!!! We still don't got no damn coach! So waiting isn't a big problem right now.  Worst case, they maybe lose Jordan Hill.

I'm reminded today why I fucking love Nowitzki.  Far and away my favorite player ever, and to see that number, when he still deserves close to max is amazing.  Makes me feel even better knowing that he turned down the Lakers and Rockets.

I'm glad that Dirk is happy in Dallas and all, but after the complete boning the players got in the last CBA I get kind of squicky about stars being encouraged to take even less money because of loyalty.

It's Boozer's destiny to end up in Cleveland with Lebron.  Just 11 years later than planned.