DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

If they are going after Ariza, that gives me hope that they won't match the Parsons sheet.  Seems like Ariza is waiting for that to clear up before he makes a decision.  He told the Wiz he's not resigning until then.

He might wait until Monday to get some press but it's funny because if he's definitely staying in New York it's nearly a damn non-story. New York is so out of contention if this was the EPL they'd have long been relegated into playing against fire departments and barbershops.

Makes a lot more sense for Melo to stay in New York than it did him coming to LA. Chicago was the option that I thought would have made most sense, but can't blame a guy for wanting to get paid.

Now Bulls-Lakers trying to work out a sign-and-trade for Gasol. Ya' know if we get Mike Dunleavy Jr. in that deal, the curse of the Mikes coaching the Lakers could happen yet again since they still don't have a coach and while Byron Scott is still the name rumored here, Mike Sr. is still lurking around.

With a first round pick, I would.  Rather take back that w/ a pick than Dunleavy and guys that are going to get released. Lin deal makes Boozer deal difficult. You'd have to take back Nash though. Don't worry, he'd retire.

...So how does the third team fit in? I'm assuming this is outside of the Lin deal, so does this mean LA possibly gets Asik?

The Omer Asik trade to New Orleans is complicated.  Maybe they are trying to get the Lakers to take some contracts, such as Austin Rivers, to help facilitate that.

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 

Lakers in 3-way talks that would send Pau to CHI + net them 1 or 2 picks. As of now, no players coming back to Lakers. 3rd team possibly HOU

@WojYahooNBA: Mike Dunleavy Jr., isn’t expected to be included in a proposed Lakers-Bulls sign-and-trade for Pau Gasol.

A new Bulls fan would think, "Ok, so we're gonna be getting Gasol for just Boozer and a pick? That works."

An experienced Bulls fan thinks, "Oh fuck, we're giving up Taj or Mirotic rights, aren't we?"