DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Miami fucked themselves in an act of desperation. Bosh was worth the money to Houston because they were a player away from contending and he was a perfect fit. What the fuck is great about being a 6-7 seed in the Eastern Conference? Miami should have blown this up.

Miami fucked themselves in an act of desperation. Bosh was worth the money to Houston because they were a player away from contending and he was a perfect fit. What the fuck is great about being a 6-7 seed in the Eastern Conference? Miami should have blown this up.

I don't think they fucked themselves unless they sign Wade to big long deal too. If they don't and Riley retains flexibility for the next allegedly great FA class then it works, if not oh well they had to do something; the SI announcement was the Doomsday Clock hitting midnight. Like I said before I'd rather have Bosh at this price than not have him even though it is a helluva lot of money and way too much on the back end. This signing, for today at least, meant the absolute world to Heat fans and in the end that is an important factor.

With the right pieces Miami could challenge for their division, I'd be surprised if they're limping into the playoffs next season as a 7th seed. Who knows though the roster is really a clean slate, they have like 5 guys on the team although I'm not sure if McBob and Granger are official yet.

I'm excited to see how it goes next year, which isn't something I thought I'd be saying around noon today. Bosh as the number one option, Wade trying to prove he's not dead yet, no stress or pressure, and who knows what pieces to be added.

Then again it's entirely possible I've lapped myself and swung around back to denial.

With being more of a focus, he can probably pick up some of the statistical difference you'd assume. It's not like he was even the number two scoring option until recently of those 3 guys.

If Bosh is the first option for Miami, 25 per game isn't unrealistic.  

Unless they do something [good/bad/insane, I haven't decided yet] like bring in Lance Stephenson, who will take all of LeBron's shots in the offense by December.  

Gotta figure Bosh's rebounds go up just by virtue of the fact that they are unlikely to have him spend nearly as much time playing a stretch big and/or trapping pick and rolls 20 feet from the hoop.

Unless they somehow land Carmelo.

Watched the Spurs summer league game today and Kyle Anderson is exactly what we thought he was... a guy who will give you some points, rebounds and assists who needs to work on his defense. 

Pretty much what he was at UCLA. A triple-double threat. Has to have a good defensive group around him.

According to Woj, looks like Pau's going to Chicago.  Still not sure if its going to be via a sign-and-trade, which might be a problem since LA made the Lin deal and agreed to terms with a bunch of players.

Going to miss Pau in LA, but at 34 and how poorly coached he'd been in LA the past 3 years, good to see what Thibs can get out of him. Not to mention Chicago has plenty of defense to cover for Pau on that end.

Melo hasn't signed anywhere yet. Guess Chicago and LA, just figured he was going back to New York and is waiting to get his day in the spotlight.

It's really not a bad deal for Pau. He will get more money. He will have a chance to get out of the much weaker East even when Rose eventually drops off the roster again. He won't be looked at as a guy clinging to the nuts of the current champs like Mitch Richmond in 2002. Still, the chance to extend his career and play the Beautiful Game was a nice thought. 

Bosh and Wade is a lot like Love and Martin and we saw how that worked out. Even if Bosh is giving you Raptors numbers (which at this point is not a given) and Wade can somehow be an efficient 20PPG they don't have much around them and Wade is shot on defense. Could they win 45 games? Sure. Is that something I would want out of an aging team? Hell no.

The Celtics could have gone on forever and won 40 games every year and sneak into the playoffs in the East but I didn't want to see that. That is the worse position to be in because it's so difficult to alter the roster in a way where you can take the next step. Celtics decided to go younger and we'll see if that pays off. We'll see if the young guys develop or if Ainge can flip them for a big fish. It might not work this time around but I'm happy they are attempting it.  

If you're a Heat fan and you'd be happy with first round exits every year I can understand that...  Sometimes that's enough. Some people don't want to see their team start over.

Having no choice in the matter, it's obviously time to sign Chauncey Billups, Elton Brand, Caron Butler, Jason Collins, Al Harrington, Richard Jefferson, Shawn Marion, Kenyon Martin, Nazr Mohammed and Jermaine O'Neal. All to the veteran minimum. Imagine that team~!

Jazz match the Hornets offer for Hayward. . . .that didn't take long.

I still can't wrap my mind around paying Gordon Hayward an average of $15.75 million per season.  He is basically a glue guy who good at everything, but not great at anything.  He was the Jazz' best player last year, and averaged 16/5/5 which is fine for a role player, but you don't pay role players $15.75 million dollars.