DVDVR Message Board

So, Michael Rooker and Dave Bautista are coming to the RVA Comc-Con this weekend for a panel discussion of GoTG.

I will be in Maryland finalizing the plans for my new house.    It is cold comfort.

Some guys named Ricky The Dragon Steamboat, Adam West, and Burt Ward are also supposed to show up.

Are West and Ward back on good terms then?

They appeared at Emerald City Comic Con in 2013 and seemed pretty tight. I wouldn't recommend a pic with them though. 120 bucks and they stared straight ahead the whole time. Never so much as made eye contact with me or my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently Marvel are renegotiating Bautista's contract, so he can be in more movies. Now either they're going to do that for all the Guardians, and Bautista was easiest, or they really want Drax to turn up on Earth in phase three.

See I assumed it was the latter. I dunno if others had more faith in BFD but I didn't expect much out of him. I can certainly see Marvel figuring "Well, if he sucks, we can at least hide him as part of the ensemble" and then seeing the generally positive reviews he's gotten and thinking, "Jeez, maybe it'd be cool to put him in more movies after all..." 

Yeah it wasn't a fist.  It was a thumbs up.  I'm not throwing a fist up at all.    She took the picture so it was kind of tight and didn't get the whole thing in.

Two episodes were screened at the premiere.  My thoughts early on were, wow a lot of new agents and cast members.  Usually this means the herd will be thinned since even a show like Agents of SHIELD can't handle this many characters.  So I told my friend sitting next to me, "the herd is getting thinned."  Lo and behold, two get knocked off by the end.  One of them is Lucy freaking Lawless!

Absorbing Man looked pretty good, didn't he?  I'm under embargo for the contents of the second episode.

Yeah it wasn't a fist.  It was a thumbs up.  I'm not throwing a fist up at all.    She took the picture so it was kind of tight and didn't get the whole thing in.

Bummer. My heart is broken.

Regardless, I have a new challenge for every member of this board. Get your picture taken with non-wrestling celebrities, throwing up the "wrestling pose fist". If you can get that celebrity to give you a "What the fuck?" look in the picture also, you get bonus points.

Two episodes were screened at the premiere.  My thoughts early on were, wow a lot of new agents and cast members.  Usually this means the herd will be thinned since even a show like Agents of SHIELD can't handle this many characters.  So I told my friend sitting next to me, "the herd is getting thinned."  Lo and behold, two get knocked off by the end.  One of them is Lucy freaking Lawless!

Absorbing Man looked pretty good, didn't he?  I'm under embargo for the contents of the second episode.

Yeah I'm kind of pissed about Lawless biting it so quickly. Considering the organization needs to grow I wasn't expecting the herd to thinned.

I thought this was a good premiere. It was interesting seeing where they are now.

Obviously you can't give details, but how was the second episode?