DVDVR Message Board

Still haven't seen the Peggy Carter one, waiting until I pick up the blu-ray.

Loved A Funny Thing Happened...  (even the classical joke in the title is great.)  The Consultant was more of a loose plot point/hole clearing up than anything else, but still funny.  Item 47 is really good, but I was disappointed it didn't end up being the expected backdoor pilot to Agents of SHIELD and Lizzie Caplan isn't on the tv show.  Because Lizzie Caplan.

ANT MAN has been moved up from November 2015 to the end of July 2015. On one hand, "Yay, this is really happening!" On the other hand, "Fuck! That is a shitty release date, why can't Edgar Wright catch a break?!?!?"

They didn't want to go up against the new Bond and Hunger Games films in November. It was to be released the same day as Bond

So Vin Diesel revealed in a Maria Menounos interview that he's talking about playing another Marvel character for a 2016 movie on top of playing Groot. The Groot thing came about because he wanted to please fans who wanted to see him in something soon.

Ha! He wanted to please fans? Sounds to me like this is Vin Diesel lobbying hard for some more of that mighty Marvel money.
Can someone tell Vin Diesel to shut the fuck up? What a planet sized douche.

Behind the scenes Marvel One-Shots talk:

When ScreenCrush talked with Louis D’Esposito, Marvel Studios' co-president and director of the Iron Man 3 Blu-ray one-shot, Agent Carter, the producer discusses future short films and even reveals ideas for shorts that have been developed, but presumably canned. "Yes, the ‘One Shot’ development process is a little different than the features, obviously," said D’Esposito after being asked if he's already plotted one-shots for the Thor and Captain America sequels. "With the features we set it, and everything is going towards that." But does he have the 2015 short planned? "We’ve developed a lot of shorts because Eric Pearson, the writer on all them, he was part of our writer’s program and now he’s a great friend of the family. We developed a lot of shorts with him over the years, so we have some crazy ideas that happen in Asgard, and some characters done in their youth. We were developing a story about young Nick Fury going with Dum Dum Dugan to Wakanda, and they’re sitting on a plane and Dum Dum is sitting next to Nick Fury eating an orange, and the orange squirts him in the eye, and maybe that’s the reason he has an eye patch. Maybe that’s the start. It really burns, so maybe he put some tape on it." Louis D’Esposito continued, " The story he doesn’t want to tell is that it happened because of Dum Dum’s orange (laughs). Obviously we shelved that." Regarding when he'll start shooting the short for Thor: The Dark World's eventual home release, the producer says, "Soon, we usually start the process six months before [the Blu-ray release]." D’Esposito also says that despite seeing these short films as audition pieces for the feature films, "I try not to think about that, but I’ve had so much fun doing these, Kevin [Feige] and I have certainly discussed the potential for doing that." For the full Q&A, head over to ScreenCrush. What do you think?

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

Ed Brubaker praises Captain America: The Winter Soldier...

USA Today's latest Sunday Geekersation entry features a Q&A with Ed Brubaker about his upcoming supernatural noir comic book, Fatale. As the comic writer's most acclaimed Marvel story arc is hitting the big screen next summer, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Brubaker talked a bit about the anticipated adaptation. "I read the script and I was really blown away by it," he said. "The tone of it and the Bucky stuff is so perfect and the way I'd want it to be, I was so thrilled to see that. But to me the biggest thing, too, is it's the first time Marvel has put out a movie where there's a specific book the title of the movie relates to. And now they're doing that with Avengers: Age of Ultron. They're putting out a hardcover collection of Captain America: Winter Soldier and that's because that movie is coming out." Ed Brubaker continues, "That is the first time Marvel has one specific book to point people to, as opposed to when X-Men: First Class came out and there's 15 trade paperbacks and people who see the movie don't know which one to pick up. So it's exciting, as the guy who gets royalties for that book."

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

My most anticipated movie next year.

• Like 1

So, is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. talk going here, or does it need its own thread/a spot in Random TV?

I think 'here' probably works.

Agreed. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. starts in the US tonight and the UK gets the episode on Friday. Looking forward to seeing how the series goes.

For the most part I liked the pilot even though it felt very piloty.

Joss Whedon worked the words "Journey Into Mystery" into the dialogue.  Bonus.

Between Skye being hot and Jeph Loeb being an executive producer, I can see that this is going to be a regular Tuesday night thing.

It felt a little too much like a Whedon parody to me. I think the characters just need some time to develop.

I don't think it's parody, but it does reek of the Avengers formula in that we are saddled with yet another group of people that has to learn how to be a team and the entire season will feel like Act II of the Avengers movie.

Can I get a team that is already a cohesive unit and wants to kick ass out of the gate?

The other sour spot with me was:

Extremis or at least how the Marvel Studios universe handles Extremis.

Scientist girl felt like a parody. Underground reporter girl felt close. 

All of the characters except for Coulson feel like Scooby Gang stand-ins, so very Wheldonesque archaetypes.

Not sure if that's good or bad.