DVDVR Message Board

For this movie, I think getting bigger name actors for the critters is probably a smart move.  

And since Thanos is hopefully going to have a bigger role, I'm curious if his actual actor is picked out.  I still wouldn't be surprised if Benicio Del Toro is actually Thanos and this whole Collector thing is another Mandarin bait and switch.  Or call it a Ducard/Ra's Al Ghul bait and switch.

For this movie, I think getting bigger name actors for the critters is probably a smart move.  

And since Thanos is hopefully going to have a bigger role, I'm curious if his actual actor is picked out.  I still wouldn't be surprised if Benicio Del Toro is actually Thanos and this whole Collector thing is another Mandarin bait and switch.  Or call it a Ducard/Ra's Al Ghul bait and switch.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo...don't give them any ideas.

They like to keep all that footage show exclusive to entice people to go to D23 or Comic-Con so they can see things like that.

Yeah it's annoying they do that, especially when the Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man footage is really good. So far the only thing which hasn't come out is the Captain America: Winter Soldier footage.

Yeah, decided to push most of the "Cap adjusts to the modern world" stuff to Cap's own movie, which makes sense.

God, I can't wait for Winter Soldier.  So fucking hyped for that film.

Yeah, I liked the Cap bits by themselves (and they may well work in Cap II), but I think it was best to cut it from Avengers.  I think it would have messed with the forward momentum of the film. 

Plus, it was setup without much of a payoff.  The Black Widow intro scene in Avengers was needed to set up the Loki interrogation deal.  The Widow/Hulk scene was also good for introducing Ruffalo as Banner and setting up the "Hulk as Loki's lynchpin" scheme.  The Iron Man scene set up Stark Tower as a plot point and added to Phil Coulson's character.  Not sure what this Cap stuff would have led to wrt the overall plot of the Avengers movie.

That's because Cap adds nothing to the Avengers.

You'd love Ultimates vol 1. It has a Freddie Prinze Jr joke. I barely even know who that is. I should "send" it to you.

I wouldn't inflict Ultimates on my worst enemy though. So I neither like nor dislike you enough to do that. But you should probably seek it out.

God, I can't wait for Winter Soldier.  So fucking hyped for that film.

Same here. Ever since the subtitle for Captain America was announced last year, that's the comic book film in 2014 I'm looking forward to the most.