DVDVR Message Board

100% Wrong: Hauntings!

scraylo187

42 members have voted

1. 1. Have you lived in or experienced a haunted house?

• No, ghosts aren't real.
    • Yes I have!
    • I've had strange experiences but don't know if they were paranormal

Hey guys!

So, kind of cool news for me- I was cast as the host for a show called 100% Wrong for bitesizetv.com. It's a comedy panel discussion about polls, statistics, and trends. 

One of the segments we are doing is called Gallup Troll, where we poll a message board and air the results and thread highlights. I requested we use DVDR because A. I think it'll be awesome and B. I'm on here constantly anyway, might as well get some work done. 

Anyway, DVDR and it's users get some screen time. Yay!

So, the topic is haunted houses. According to a 2013 'Haunted Housing' report from realtor.com, 35% of 1400 people surveyed said they have lived in a haunted home. 

Have you lived in a home you believed was haunted? Yes? No? If so, what happened? If not, why don't you believe in the paranormal?

Give me March Madness level discourse here, peoples. 

Sears.  Dead people get their clothes from Sears.  Its the only logical explanation.

You know, for Sears.

• Like 2

There was only that one time during my radio show I used to do in a lighthouse.  Did I ever mention that to you guys?  That I used to do a lighthouse radio show?   It was a pretty hip thing to do back in the early 80s.

Anyway, It was touch and go there for a few nights, but everything was fine once I experienced the chest-hairy embrace of Tom Atkins.  I mean he was useless in a crisis and the ghosts killed the crap out of him pretty easily.  But he was just so puffy and calming.  Like a big stuffed animal but with cold sores.

• Like 1

The house my wife grew up in was...odd. She and her family all experienced things. They heard footsteps and my Mrs. saw a big shadowy something in her room. I even had an experience while visiting. I was alone in the her old bed room (now a computer room) and an acoustic guitar played...all string open like someone ran their finger over it.

Now then, would I call this "ghost activity?" No. Can any of it, even my own personal experience, be proven using the scientific method? No.

I feel stupid for even telling this.

Back in college I lived in this house that had an upstairs and a basement. My roommate was this single mother who hooked me up with food stamps because I had no money, and people were sick of watching me steal food all the time. The basement was pretty normal with foundation rock walls, but it had this one room built in that had a bare light bulb with a little snap chain and dirty ass mirror. The kind of mirror with no frame it's just the glass and it's going black in spots. That kind. Everything was cool for a while. I slept in a bedroom upstairs that happened to be exactly above the creepy room. Everything was cool for a while, I was eating real mashed potatoes instead of fake kind, and I said goodbye to Ramen forever(well until I moved to Chicago). 

Then shit started getting weird. Me and the single mom would hear each other calling from other parts of the house when the other one wasn't even home. There was a crow that showed up in the fucking kitchen one time, I don't know where it came from. And then there was a few nights, and this is ridiculous, I started waking up inside the room standing in front of the funky mirror in the dark. I'm not a sleep walker, and I had just gotten with my future wife so I wasn't drunk all the time like before. Are ghosts real? I have no idea. But that place creeped me the fuck out.

Eventually we were besieged with fleas because of her fucking cat(OR WAS IT A GHOST CURSE?!?!) and I moved out. 

A few people used to ask about a girl staying at our house when I was younger. They said they saw her looking out the window of my bedroom while I was away at school. My Mum thinks it was a Roman boy (or girl) in a toga because our house is built on an old Roman road. She also had a bunch of jewellery go missing and show up in weird places.

I only believe in ghosts when it's 2am and I can't sleep.

Some weird things have happened in my old house that we couldn't really explain at the time.

It started around the time my older sister was pregnant.

1) when my mum was at work me and my sister would watch tv in her room. Often her bf would be there. He went down to make us a drink, a few minutes later we hear him shout "boo!" from the landing, then walks in the room all white faced.

He says he was downstairs and heard a creek, looked up at the landing and saw a shadow move behind the corner and assumed we were hiding and trying to scare him. So he creeped up the stairs to turn the joke on us, the whole time seeing the silhouette of what he thought was me or my sister hiding, and when he got there to say boo there was nothing there.

2) my sister and I went out in the afternoon while our mum was at work. We had a load of washing up (dishes) to do. We left it and went out to the shops. We can't have been longer than an hour. When we got back the lot of it was done and on the drainer.

Now I'm not saying ghosts did our washing up. But who did? My mum isn't a great actor and she says she didn't come home and do the washing up. My sisters bf had a key, but he is a lazy mofo and I can't see him doing dishes for the sake of a joke or windup.

There were a few other little things that I don't remember the details to now. But the opinion was that somebody was watching over my sister whilst she was pregnant.

Since then my sister has been hugely into ghosts and the paranormal.

I, like Jae, can't believe I'm going to tell this story. Maybe it isn't quite a ghost story, but here goes...

So, my dad died in the summer before my senior year of high school. That Christmas, my mom and I were both sitting on the floor, right in front of our couch. We had some presents in between us, but we were talking about my dad and how much we missed him. Out of nowhere, right on the floor and space in between us, there's a loud pop and a bright flash, like a flashbulb went off. And then...nothing. It was really odd. We didn't have a basement so it's not like there was an electrical short, but it was just a very odd, unexplainable coincidence. 

One of the segments we are doing is called Gallup Troll, where we poll a message board and air the results and thread highlights. I requested we use DVDR because A. I think it'll be awesome and B. I'm on here constantly anyway, might as well get some work done. 

Well hopefully you will get the name right by then....

Well hopefully you will get the name right by then....

probably not ;(

A few people used to ask about a girl staying at our house when I was younger. They said they saw her looking out the window of my bedroom while I was away at school. My Mum thinks it was a Roman boy (or girl) in a toga because our house is built on an old Roman road. She also had a bunch of jewellery go missing and show up in weird places.

I hate to break this to you, FSW, but I think your dad might have been a transvestite.

• Like 1

Some weird things have happened in my old house that we couldn't really explain at the time.

It started around the time my older sister was pregnant.

1) when my mum was at work me and my sister would watch tv in her room. Often her bf would be there. He went down to make us a drink, a few minutes later we hear him shout "boo!" from the landing, then walks in the room all white faced.

He says he was downstairs and heard a creek, looked up at the landing and saw a shadow move behind the corner and assumed we were hiding and trying to scare him. So he creeped up the stairs to turn the joke on us, the whole time seeing the silhouette of what he thought was me or my sister hiding, and when he got there to say boo there was nothing there.

2) my sister and I went out in the afternoon while our mum was at work. We had a load of washing up (dishes) to do. We left it and went out to the shops. We can't have been longer than an hour. When we got back the lot of it was done and on the drainer.

Now I'm not saying ghosts did our washing up. But who did? My mum isn't a great actor and she says she didn't come home and do the washing up. My sisters bf had a key, but he is a lazy mofo and I can't see him doing dishes for the sake of a joke or windup.

There were a few other little things that I don't remember the details to now. But the opinion was that somebody was watching over my sister whilst she was pregnant.

Since then my sister has been hugely into ghosts and the paranormal.

Umm, you're not alone - http://www.ghostplace.com/threads/doing-dishes-ghost-story.257/

Yes, I did just google 'dishwashing ghost' because I sarcastically wanted to post a silly picture.

Like this one:

30521_l.jpg

Oooooooo!

• Like 1

I hate to break this to you, FSW, but I think your dad might have been a transvestite.

It was shortly after my parents split up.

It was shortly after my parents split up.

Still had a key though, right?