DVDVR Message Board

100% Wrong: Hauntings!

scraylo187

42 members have voted

1. 1. Have you lived in or experienced a haunted house?

• No, ghosts aren't real.
    • Yes I have!
    • I've had strange experiences but don't know if they were paranormal

Anyway, it's funny you bring up the old Roman road theory. Is that a thing in Britain? I remember being terrified reading a Ripley's Believe It Or Not book which had a story of a guy in England sitting in his living room, and suddenly a line of Roman soldier ghosts march through his house which had also been built on an old Roman road. It had an illustration beside it, and that thing haunted me for weeks.

One of the segments we are doing is called Gallup Troll, where we poll a message board and air the results and thread highlights. I requested we use DVDR because A. I think it'll be awesome and B. I'm on here constantly anyway, might as well get some work done. 

Anyway, DVDR and it's users get some screen time. Yay!

Well hopefully you will get the name right by then....

probably not ;(

I always refer to this place as the DVDA.  Is that not right?

One time I was riding on the hood of my buddy Andre's car in the 9th grade or so.  It was fun and games until he started speeding up uncomfortably.  Depending on who's telling the story, he was going 40-ish.  I'm clutching on to the wipers and such.  Dipshit slams the brakes, and I fly off.  Genius then decides to "catch me" and floors it again.  In other words, I'm flying off the the car, and then he comes and rams me with it after the first bounce off the concrete. 

Now here's the weird part.  As I'm flying in the air and everything is going in slow motion, I see into this house and see a little Chinese girl playing the piano.  Now I can hear her playing the piano.  It's beautiful.  Never heard the composition before.  As I'm flying to my inevitable death, I am so entranced by this little girl playing piano that I keep my head up and straining to see her, even as I'm bouncing off the concrete, the bumper of the car, and otherwise being ground into road rash. 

I'm bleeding from a couple dozen places, have two huge bruises on either hip (one from the ground and one from the bumper), but my head never hit the ground because of that little girl playing piano. 

Of course that house was empty and had been on the market for year before my falling off a car incident.  Last family to live there was Chinese, but they had moved away a year ago.  Maybe because their daughter died.  I don't know. 

One of the segments we are doing is called Gallup Troll, where we poll a message board and air the results and thread highlights. I requested we use DVDR because A. I think it'll be awesome and B. I'm on here constantly anyway, might as well get some work done. 

Anyway, DVDR and it's users get some screen time. Yay!

Well hopefully you will get the name right by then....

probably not ;(

I always refer to this place as the DVDA.  Is that not right?

At least no one is calling the place VD.  Because that would be an itchy situation.

This seems like the kind of thread where anyone who believes could end up mocked mercilessly. 

Anyway, my brother and dad died 19 days apart from each other.  My mom still lives in that house (my brother was living with them at the time of his death) and swears she has seen both of them there.  And she's pretty much the most non-bullshitty, least likely liar ever.  I'm not saying one way or the other that she actually saw them, but I know she believes she has. 

I lived in an ex girlfriend for a while that constantly had something odd going in it.  We both constantly saw shapes and shadows and heard noises like people walking around in it.  Things would often be knocked on the floor from the kitchen counters.  It's the kind of stuff that sounds impossible unless you were the one living around it, and even then it seems impossible, but I know what I saw and heard.  For the record, the only substance I've ever really abused was nicotine......never had a drink or a drug in my life, so I was always clear headed.  The best part about when she and I split up was getting out of that place.

Cool Arrow, Harms, and Burgundy Larue made it to the show. Once they've cut the episode together and uploaded I'll make sure to link it. 

Thanks for doing this, guys. Doing a message board based segment was my idea, and the producers were kind of like 'eh, do it yourself, I guess...' and then it didn't get on until another segment didn't work out, and turned out to be one of the strongest pieces on the show. So I appreciate you guys saving my ass by pondering where ghosts get clothes and talking about ghosts doing your dishes.