DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X! - Thread 2

Dolfan in NYC

I don't mind that Taker finally lost. Sure I was stunned that it actually happened, but I'm not too upset about it. The match itself was just so bleh. They barely did a month's build up on a match that should have been hyped up way better. Listening to the reactions of the crowd, they just didn't care. It didn't help that the end of the match was anti-climatic. Usually in these Taker matches we get some cool series of moves. Undertaker was a sad old broken man tonight. The streak is dead. Now we don't have to ever hear about it again.

As for the rest of the show...

Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan was such an awesome match. Someone must have given Triple H some Japan tapes cause he busted out some fun moves in that match (back suplex on the apron and the tiger suplex). I personally marked out for the crossface chickenwing. They need to keep this feud going. Triple H pulls rank and tells Orton he's gotta wait for his rematch.

The Sheild had quite the mauling of The Outlaws.

Cesaro winning the Andre battle royal was awesome. I marked once again when he scooped up Big Show and slammed him over the top rope.

Cena vs. Bray was a meh match. Bray had the most awesome of entrances, but these two just did not mesh in the ring. And of course Cena overcame the odds as he always does.

The Divas match wasn't the complete clusterfuck I thought it would be. So great that AJ retained.

Great visual to see Bryan winning at the end. According to Brie on twitter, the company wouldn't allow her to go out and celebrate with Bryan in the ring. Made it all the more amusing with the woman who got in the ring to celebrate with him (I'm guessing a family member of some sort).

Overall a fun show and the Network held up.

• Like 1

What's with all this complaining of Brock/Taker being bad? Doesn't anyone remember their ... HITC ... match from way back when? They were the drizzling shits.

Clearly *you* don't remember that one.
Takers bloodz does not equate with me getting my $50 worth.
You not getting your money'z does not a bad match equal, either.
No, it does. To be fair I only watched it that one time, but I distinctively remember saying "wow that's a lot of blood, but this match still fucking sucks." I have no in depth analysis to provide beyond that.
So you admit your opinion is in fact an ill-informed one? "I didn't care for it that one time I saw it ever, so it sucks." That's quite a radical change of pace, someone taking a bold divisive position against something quite largely regarded positively. I don't think I've ever seen such in all the history of the internet.
I am a trendsetter. I'll like this tomorrow when I get them back.

Taking the piss with you, all with good humor intended ...

• Like 1

I dropped the notion among my like minded peers that, if HHH had wrestled like this more over the course of his career, he'd have earned the "cerebral assassin" tag far more handily.

• Like 1

I dropped the notion among my like minded peers that, if HHH had wrestled like this more over the course of his career, he'd have earned the "cerebral sassassin" tag far more handily.

fixed

So I follow a few people on twitter from France, and the stream they were watching was a few minutes behind the Network. I can honestly say that reading about the Undertaker losing in French is probably one of the most entertaining things I've ever experienced on twitter.

Also, for people saying this was a mediocre Wrestlemania, you should probably stop watching wrestling. This show was basically a master class in the WWE epic style.

• Like 6

I am a little surprised that Hulk Hogan's Silverdome botch and recovery is not getting more love.

That was 100% scripted.

I disagree. Did you see Hogan's sly smile when he realized (or was told via earpiece) that he was screwing up the name of the venue? You could also tell that both Rock and Austin ad libbed their lines too.

This Mania really felt like a changing of the guard:

Bryan overcoming all of the crap and finally taking what's his.

SHIELD crushing Kane and Outlaws and putting a lid on the coffin of the Attitude Era, so to speak.

Cesaro winning the Andre battle royal to cement his place as a main guy (and being the new real American slamming the giant!).

Undertaker's streak coming to an end as the Reality Era sinks in... and Brock Lesnar is reality.

An awesome night to remember.

Oh, and if I ever said anything bad about Triple H, then I'm so sorry. I mean, I knew he was good in the ring, but...

Someone needs to check on The Natural after that Undertaker match.

Thank you.

Never been as shocked and pissed to a finish in a wrestling match ever regarding Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker. Holy fucking shit. Shame The Streak ended and quality wise, it wasn't what I hoped. It's the weakest Undertaker match at a WrestleMania in years.

• Like 1

Never been as shocked and pissed to a finish in a wrestling match ever regarding Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker. Holy fucking shit.

My Brock-hating father refused to talk about anything else on the show for more than ten seconds. He also declared the whole show terrible because of that one finish, said he would imagine Heyman eating his shit, and said he never wants to see Undertaker again and hopes the Sting match never happens as Sting has no reason to come to WWE now. He sulked and acted passive-aggressive for the rest of the night.

Yeah, it was a big finish.

EDIT: I think he's better now. All is okay.

• Like 1

tumblr_n3n3meblyc1s588h8o1_500.gif

Such an ugly, stupid spot.  Shouldn't have done it.

I assume Orton messed himself up on the monitor because the match literally stopped dead at this point and it looked like no one knew what to do.

Well, "no one" in this case was Batista.

Bryan knew he had to stay still to sell the stretchering.

Orton was busy trying to get his spine back into some semblance of working order.

Batista COULD have gone into the ring, jawed with fans, grabbed a mic, maybe even beat on Bryan some, (assuming Bryan wasn't really hurt,) giving Orton time to recover, but of course it's Big Dave, so he just stood there looking worried and confused.

• Like 1

Never been as shocked and pissed to a finish in a wrestling match ever regarding Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker. Holy fucking shit.

My Brock-hating father refused to talk about anything else on the show for more than ten seconds. He also declared the whole show terrible because of that one finish, said he would imagine Heyman eating his shit, and said he never wants to see Undertaker again and hopes the Sting match never happens as Sting has no reason to come to WWE now. He sulked and acted passive-aggressive for the rest of the night.

Yeah, it was a big finish.

When I told my dad about Brock winning my mom, who doesn't like or care about wrestling at all and thinks it's stupid, was stunned and couldn't believe it. Her reaction verbatim was "no way are you serious? How can Undertaker lose at Wrestlemania?"

WWE even managed to work my mother tonight by proxy.

• Like 2

Great show from top to bottom. I went to a friend's house in Hollywood to watch with a group. Since we had some arriving late, we delayed watching it and had technical difficulties on PS3 in trying to watch from the beginning. Luckily there was also a 360, so we watched it on that.

f4wonline.com is saying The Undertaker's hospitalized but it's behind the paywall.

IMO if they're going to run any free content whatsoever there, news regarding health and/or death should always be free. I was banned by the legendary Nazi leader Crimson Mask on that board for arguing this years ago.

-J\/\/

• Like 2

f4wonline.com is saying The Undertaker's hospitalized but it's behind the paywall.

IMO if they're going to run any free content whatsoever there, news regarding health and/or death should always be free. I was banned by the legendary Nazi leader Crimson Mask on that board for arguing this years ago.

-J\/\/

We're in agreement. Anybody have the details?

Recently I asked a question in the Wrestling Omnibus thread about match finishes which surprised you. The ending to Lesnar/Undertaker now belongs there.

• Like 1

-J\/\/

Fuck Crimson Mask.  That cockholster banned me too, just because I said I find jazz boring and self-indulgent.

• Like 1