DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] What Are You Watching?

RIPPA

I watched Mania VII and was surprised to see that Bossman's music made the cut. Thought that would've been dubbed over. Also, they didn't show the post-show fireball that Slaughter gave Hogan. Was hoping to see that b/c you usually didn't see a heel get one over on Hogan after they ate the big boot and the leg.

So I watched the best entrances Countdown, and totally forgot about how awesomely Jericho used to spoof Goldberg's entrance.  Then I went looking for the Fall Brawl one, and was dissappointed.  Mostly because apparently Jericho's WCW Evenflow knockoff didn't make the editor cut, and that whole spoof entrance doesn't work as well with "Break the Walls Down" as is does with his WCW theme.

I watched Mania VII and was surprised to see that Bossman's music made the cut. Thought that would've been dubbed over. Also, they didn't show the post-show fireball that Slaughter gave Hogan. Was hoping to see that b/c you usually didn't see a heel get one over on Hogan after they ate the big boot and the leg.

I thought the fireball was something that was only shown on Superstars?  But I never watched the WM tape to see if they showed it there

I thought the fireball was something that was only shown on Superstars?  But I never watched the WM tape to see if they showed it there

You're right.They showed it on Wrestling Challenge and it probably wasn't on the home video release. If it wasn't, I wonder if they did that angle right after the show or if they taped it at a later date and did post-production work to make it seem like it happened right after the match.

I'll make some other notes about this PPV later, but IYH: It's Time Final Four had a great main event. Vader's cut was just gushing - it was great theatre. They just beat the crap out of each other in there. I liked Vader's clubbering and Austin's clubbering, Austin beating Vader with the belt before Vader forearmed the crap out of him, Austin jumping off the top rope with clotheslines, Austin basically doing anything in this match. He and Vader came off as the MVPs of this match, and I was sad that they were the first two eliminations. 

Plus, Vader randomly puts the Sharpshooter on Bret Hart at ringside. I have no clue where that came from or why he did it. This match ruled.

Going through 1997 WWF, there were a surprising amount of awesome brawls on PPV. This match, the ten-man tag at Canadian Stampede, Bret/Austin...I know I'm forgetting a couple of matches, too. 

I've been working my way through the '93 Raws and there are several really cool "Before They Were Stars" moments - although in two of the cases, "star" might be an exaggeration. Rikishi, when he was still a Headshrinker, had a pretty decent little match with Bret. Justin Credible, who looks like he's about 16, gets squashed by Lex Luger. To make the segment even better, Lex drags him in front of a mirror and points out all the reasons he never made it in the WWE. Finally, Dwayne Gill (with Hulk Hogan hair - The Gillster?) shows up as part of some jobberiffic tag team sacrificed to the Steiners.

Poor Steiners, first Vince mispronounces their name then Macho keeps mixing up Scott and Rick. Maybe it's just me but no NWA/WCW talent - not Dusty, not Lex, not Flair - looked more out of place in WWF than the Steiners.

I find their WWF run fascinating.  Came in, immediately pushed to the moon, absolutely treated like the best tag team in the world, and then just *poof* they were gone and suddenly The Quebecers were feuding with Men on a Mission.

And the Steiners just up and vanished from 12 year old me's life. 

Daniel Bryan is just great on this new Countdown show:

1.  "Sandman is all entrance.  He is a terrible wrestler" 

2.  He liked Golddust entrance because all of the sudden this women would come out with "really fake knockers"

3.  "Triple H makes water look cool"

Daniel Bryan is just great on this new Countdown show:

1.  "Sandman is all entrance.  He is a terrible wrestler" 

2.  He liked Golddust entrance because all of the sudden this women would come out with "really fake knockers"

3.  "Triple H makes water look cool"

Like anyone pays The Sandman to wrestle.

Off work early, drinking shandy and I just watched Ric Flair's daughter do a fucking Takayama knee and then a cool Mr Perfect flipping neckbreaker DDT.   Almost enjoying life.

I get home from work every day around 7. I cook dinner and clean and sit down by 745 and this week the network has destroyed the world. Between the stacked Main Event as the Raw spill over on Tuesday, the awesome combo of the classic house show with the WCW buyout Raw Wednesday and now NXT...goddamnit I knew buying this was a bad idea. With Raw on Monday I'm watching WWE more than half the week.

Not like there's anything better on TV.

Watching the Raw that's currently on live, so I'm watching a Money Inc./Beverly Brothers match. I truthfully don't remember watching the Bevs, and watching the match I'm reminded why. But that's not why I'm posting. I'm posting because holy cow, that Beverly Brothers theme music is SWANK. It should absolutely get repurposed ala Patriot/Angle.

I am not sure when they starting doing this but I like that Jerry Lawler is doing post match interviews on Superstars for the last match.  Since they tape Superstars on the day of RAW it can't be that hard to do.   

This 1993 RAW currently on now #14 I believe has to be the weirdest one in the bunch with the little girl doing a poem about witnessing her own funeral because of drug use complete with the Undertaker saying "There is no hope with dope" and Green Lantern Fan getting engaged.  

Wrestle mania 2. The Chicago portion hosted by Mean Gene, Cathy Lee Crosby and Gorilla Monsoon is like a damn contest between Gene and Monsoon to use all the fucked out commentary expressions. "You can cut the excitement with a knife" "Tooth and nail" "Close only counts in horshoes and hand grenades" etc are repeated ad naseum.

Does anyone else think that Renee Young will be the breakout star due to all of her WWE Network exposure?  I think she is going to end up more than just some "behind the curtains" interviewer soon enough.

• Like 1