DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

Fellas I need a little help. Can you give me a basic strength/weakness/style of wrestling for the following wrestlers? I just recently got into NXT and I just want an opinion on a few people.

Thanks in advance

Aiden English

Bayley

Charlotte

CJ Parker

Enzo Amore

Mickey Keegan

Mojo Rawley

Sawyer Fulton

Scott Dawson

Sylverster Lefort

Tyler Breeze

Fellas I need a little help. Can you give me a basic strength/weakness/style of wrestling for the following wrestlers? I just recently got into NXT and I just want an opinion on a few people.

Thanks in advance

Aiden English

Bayley

Charlotte

CJ Parker

Enzo Amore

Mickey Keegan

Mojo Rawley

Sawyer Fulton

Scott Dawson

Sylverster Lefort

Tyler Breeze

Aiden English -- His push just started. He was really effective as a jobber at making big moves look like death. His gimmick is fantastic. In the ring, he's been capable since his push of having good stuff. He's far from a bodybuilder type -- he's in good shape for a natural athlete. He has a pretty general, basic offense they haven't added yet.

Bayley -- She does a GREAT job wrestling as her naive character, especially with a hug based offense. Her strength is keeping in character more than anything else. She's a lot of fun. Great babyface, especially on the apron in tag matches.

Charlotte -- Very athletic. She uses her gymnastics training in her matches quite a bit. However, she's still learning how to make a match work.

CJ Parker -- He's sort of a drip. I like his finisher well enough but other than that, he's a snooze.

Enzo Amore -- Completely ridiculous human being. Great on the stick with this really odd charisma. He's a good seller.

Mickey Keegan -- Not sure I've seen him other than in a job role.

Mojo Rawley -- Energy. He's the new Ultimate Warrior. Strong football player bursting with energy. He'll be good in very short, quick matches.

Sawyer Fulton -- No idea

Scott Dawson -- He might be the most underrated dude in NXT. He's really coming along nice and has studied a lot of Arn Anderson.

Sylverster Lefort -- Nothing in the ring stands out. Goofy foreign heel manager.

Tyler Breeze -- Wrestles insanely well as the character. Very good whiny heel.

So in my head, the Crowe computer hacker character is because someone was trying to explain anonymous and the occupy movement to Vince, so he naturally decided that it would be a tremendous idea for a heel character.

Granted it's more likely that Vince just saw Hackers, fired someone when they told him Angelina Jolie wouldn't sign on as a diva, and settled on Crowe as the next best thing once he saw his haircut.

• Like 2

Loved this past week's show (Man, why is NXT so far back in the week up here in Canada now?!  First showing Friday afternoon, second showing on Sat/Sun morning?!).

-Paige-Natalya was really good, probably Nattie's best match.  I mostly agree with Gregg's thoughts on Natalya, but I also think Paige has to take some blame for not selling that nasty abdominal stretch deal at all.  Still lots of fun and Natalya made the Paige Turnah look better than just about anyone I've seen.

-English squash was great.  It will be interesting how Raw audiences react to the character.  They will surely boo him at first.  But, I'm curious if crowds will start to sing along with him, or stay sort-of homophobically opposed to him.

-Kidd-Kruger was fine.  Apparently the interview with Zayn-Kruger was shot after they taped this because the announcers were baffled as to why Zayn was out there when they had just shown a clip of Zayn getting attacked by Kruger.

-Really liked the main.  Bo is maybe the best NXT character going now, outside of Enzo Amore and Aiden English.  The smiles, the subtle cheating, the "Don't stop Bo-lieving kneedrop", really fun stuff.

Also, as an aside, I thought this was Alex Riley's best performance on commentary, as he basically played it as dumb jock (comparing everyone to other athletes like Adrian Peterson and Tiger Woods, laughing at the word "thespian", hitting on Renee, being jealous of Renee's apparent Bo Dallas crush) which is entirely the gimmick he should have been running with after his aborted face push.

Dawson as most underrated is a good call. He's a slightly bigger Jamie Noble, and will have his Nidia soon judging my the promo stuff.

However Danny Birch is gonna be giving him a real run whenever he gets on the main show on a regular basis.

Hasn't Dawson just suffered an injury that'll put him out for a long time. Hope I'm wrong as I really like the guy, but I'm sure I read that.

By the looks of things, they're pairing Birch up with Oliver Grey on houseshows as a team, which hopefully gets him a bit more screen time.

Loved this past week's show (Man, why is NXT so far back in the week up here in Canada now?!  First showing Friday afternoon, second showing on Sat/Sun morning?!).

-Paige-Natalya was really good, probably Nattie's best match.  I mostly agree with Gregg's thoughts on Natalya, but I also think Paige has to take some blame for not selling that nasty abdominal stretch deal at all.  Still lots of fun and Natalya made the Paige Turnah look better than just about anyone I've seen.

-English squash was great.  It will be interesting how Raw audiences react to the character.  They will surely boo him at first.  But, I'm curious if crowds will start to sing along with him, or stay sort-of homophobically opposed to him.

-Kidd-Kruger was fine.  Apparently the interview with Zayn-Kruger was shot after they taped this because the announcers were baffled as to why Zayn was out there when they had just shown a clip of Zayn getting attacked by Kruger.

-Really liked the main.  Bo is maybe the best NXT character going now, outside of Enzo Amore and Aiden English.  The smiles, the subtle cheating, the "Don't stop Bo-lieving kneedrop", really fun stuff.

Also, as an aside, I thought this was Alex Riley's best performance on commentary, as he basically played it as dumb jock (comparing everyone to other athletes like Adrian Peterson and Tiger Woods, laughing at the word "thespian", hitting on Renee, being jealous of Renee's apparent Bo Dallas crush) which is entirely the gimmick he should have been running with after his aborted face push.

NXT's first airing is on Thursdays at 8 PST.

Agreed on Riley. He's so generic and annoying usually... he put some stank on his commentary for this week's show and we were much better for it.

NXT's first airing is on Thursdays at 8 PST.

Goddamnit, why is my PVR not finding this one?!  I even told it to record all showings (So I end up getting the repeat if it gets pre-empted or something) and am still not getting that Thursday night one.

Cesaros roll in NXT is the guy who gets the NXT dudes some shine. It doesn't do anything to hinder Cesaro on the main roster for the reasons posted above. The WWE clearly sees value in Cesaro and I love seeing him on NXT.

I was late to seeing who Sami is (Catching up on his Drake Younger Fued in PWG now) but i'm VERY much looking forward to his NXT run. The NXT crowd seems to REALLY take to the indie darlings and it seems NXT seems to know how to handle those guys.