DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

Show was pretty good as they started the Cesaro/Regal burn and had a killer main event. If you're gonna do big spots, make them look good. These looked fucking awesome. They told a decent enough story, too. Sami is really good at putting over the other guy's stuff, but he can tend to overact a bit. This time around, he was a little bit more subtle than normal and it was really great to see.

The Ascension, though. MAN are they a black hole. God bless Renee for trying to put them over, though.

I'm really surprised that they didn't wait on the title shot for Neville until the 200th show, where Regal and Cesaro are scheduled to go at it. Make it a big deal. I guess they really wanted to make sure that match went on last, though.

Yeah, I don't think they look "significantly better" than Emma, and Bailey is just adorable.

Personal preference. I know I wouldn't think twice. Emma is cool though. Not saying she is ugly or anything. Rather have her titties than the other girls.

But yea,

Not to bring up old things, but I am going back to the start of the year to watch all of the NXTs. First episode of the year the Shield basically NWO-ed the entire NXT roster. Then who comes out to save the day? Big E. Stare down between Big E and the Hounds of Justice. They retreated. Would be nice to see this carry over to the main roster.

Yeah, I don't think they look "significantly better" than Emma, and Bailey is just adorable.

Personal preference. I know I wouldn't think twice. Emma is cool though. Not saying she is ugly or anything. Rather have her titties than the other girls.

But yea,

Not to bring up old things, but I am going back to the start of the year to watch all of the NXTs. First episode of the year the Shield basically NWO-ed the entire NXT roster. Then who comes out to save the day? Big E. Stare down between Big E and the Hounds of Justice. They retreated. Would be nice to see this carry over to the main roster.

Roman was the most hesitant. The hoss showdown is inevitable and will be phenomenal.

Oh, and back to the message board sexism, in regards to Bayley...

Show was pretty good as they started the Cesaro/Regal burn and had a killer main event. \

So what is up with Regal. Is he still "active" or does he just wrestle here and there. I wonder how often he trains.

Regal is sort of the gatekeeper. He shows up to stand up against someone or gets attacked and ends up in a blow-off feud, usually before they end up getting a call-up.

His FCW stuff w/ Dean Ambrose was amazing. Their blow-off match was one of the great matches of the decade. It was such an awesome story with a truly inventive and horrifying ending -- Regal realized Dean has taken the mantle of most villainous person in the business, accepts his defeat as he's on his knees and takes the trembler right to the forehead. His stuff w/ Ohno is great. His stuff with The Wyatt Family is terrific.

His NXT role is absolutely perfect. He's aware to realize how many terrible things he did to get ahead in the business and is fine with it. I also love his relationship with Renee. A professional-yet-flirtatious relationship.

This is possibly the best stuff of Regal's career. Think about that.

Yea he is such an underappreciate dude to the common wrestling fan. I love listening to him doing color. I just heard him talk about how pretty Mason Ryan's muscles were but he knew that didn't come out the right way. He just knows the business man. Comedy, calling actual matches, pointing out the correct names of moves. He is just special.

I like him here because if he were on the main roster calling matches he wouldn't be what he is now. 

Back to the actual show, who do we think is next in line to be called up or maybe more importantly receive a sustained push? I like Woods but he's saddled with a dead gimmick and will probably flounder around the midcard.

Rusev is the good bet IMO.

Isn't there a rumor that Solomon Crowe will be called up soon as part of a tag team?

I would like Bo Dallas called up as a delusional face and returning to his feud with a returning Wade Barrett, leading to a double turn.

No idea where the "Solomon Crowe called up in a tag team" rumor originated, but the odd wording of it makes me think that, if true, he'd be joining an existing group. Like, say, as Roman Reigns' replacement in the Shield, or Erick Rowan's in The Wyatt Family.

No idea where the "Solomon Crowe called up in a tag team" rumor originated, but the odd wording of it makes me think that, if true, he'd be joining an existing group. Like, say, as Roman Reigns' replacement in the Shield, or Erick Rowan's in The Wyatt Family.

His presentation video (which was taken down) had him in a cyberpunk/hacker gimmick so it doesn't look like he's going to be joining an existing group soon.

It came from a newzsite and nowhere legitimate

I was not enthralled with Renee's work during the main event. She had like 20 questions lined up for Bo which ate away from what was happening in the ring. She'll eventually learn when to submit to the story in the ring instead of creating her own content in the announce booth. 

For some reason, I laughed at this exchange between Renee and Bo, mainly because of Bo's delivery.

Bo: I'm a very big fan of Sami Zayn. I think he has a very bright future. He's just not championship caliber yet.
Renee: Do you guys ever hang out?
Bo: Hehe. Ah, no.