DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

Haven't watched the whole episode yet, but that main was frikkin' fantastic.  Harper just demolishes Ohno for the first 2/3rds then Ohno goes on offence hits some bombs, then Harper takes everything he has and just kills him dead.  And Alex Riley (I think it was Riley) delivers the perfect line after the finish: "That was hard to watch."  There might have been better TV matches this year, matches with more crowd heat, more moves etc. but I'm not sure I've enjoyed a TV match more this year than this (Although I'll concede the one thing that could cloud one's enjoyment of it is watching through a sorta 'smarks lens' as it's hard not to watch it as "Hey Harper, you're on TV, beat up this indy guy who thinks he's too good for NXT, take everything he has, but still beat him clean").

... There are people in existence who watch a match with that mind set? This world really is going down the sewer.

I'm pretty miffed to see Ohno go. I wasn't exactly certain where his character was going (if he had one to begin with), but if all he did was elbow the shit out of his opponents in every match and cut a short, fiery (face) or enraged (heel) promo every once in a while, I'd be happy.

When I saw all those 'Behind the Scenes' NXT promos, Ohno was in one of them as well. At the very start of his, I thought he was going down a route that reminded me a little of Ichi the Killer (as far as I remember the movie): a guy who's scary as all hell in the ring because he's so violent and stiff and brutal, but outside of the ring he's a 'childishly naïve, ignorant and innocent' kind of guy who's completely removed from his in-ring actions and a shy, friendly boy.

... But I guess I was wrong in that. Pity.

• Like 1

If people didn't see the writing on the wall for Hero when they dumped him from the show because he wasn't a fucking Gym Rat then surely you would have noticed that his return to TV story line was that of a guy who was injured by some guys, who fought through injury to comeback for revenge and lose.....TWICE.

Considering how stupid the WWE booking has been since SummerSlam this roster move is right in line with their thinking, so I guess good for them. I'd say they are really missing out but it's not like Chris can go anywhere and really prove them wrong.

KO going a third match with Harper leaves it open to a flash knock out finish. Harper whoops him for 7 minutes, while Ohno tries and fails to counter just about anything. One unexpected dodge and the rolling elbow finally hits just right is the finish and Ohno gains back almost everything he lost. Plus, the commentary team was putting over Hero's condition so I can see a company image rehab done in a couple weeks. 

Great match as it was, here's to hoping. :/

Did Charlotte actually take a dig at her own father on this show?

I think she said something like "I don't need yet another stepmother" to Summer Rae. I thought that was pretty funny.

Yes, and it was great.

Loved the main event but I was sad to see the break up of Sylvester and Rusev. It's obvious Rusev doesn't care about making "lots of ze money."

Hero is very professional and driven BUT every time he gets in trouble it's about some women he tried to seduce.I think this may be the case here, but he's shoot interview should be interesting to hear.

Indy sleaze said thats why he left Chikara - stealing someones girlfriend.
  • Like 1

Hero is very professional and driven BUT every time he gets in trouble it's about some women he tried to seduce.I think this may be the case here, but he's shoot interview should be interesting to hear.

Indy sleaze said thats why he left Chikara - stealing someones girlfriend.

Chikara, Necro, Punk, Australian Border Workers... the guy is unstoppable and likes to be peed on.

Mojo Rawley seems fun, but you get the impression he's got a long way to go before getting on the main roster. Most NXT squashes see the pushed guy totally dominate, but Rawley's had two matches, and both have seen good workers dominate the match before his high octane comeback.

Nothing Rawley does looks like it hurts. He's just a big motherfucker that' works soft. He should be killing people out there.

Mojo Rawley seems fun, but you get the impression he's got a long way to go before getting on the main roster. Most NXT squashes see the pushed guy totally dominate, but Rawley's had two matches, and both have seen good workers dominate the match before his high octane comeback.

Nothing Rawley does looks like it hurts. He's just a big motherfucker that' works soft. He should be killing people out there.

Agreed. In particular, that finish of his looks S.A.W.F.T.

I think it had to do with his look more than anything. Forget the reports about them wanting KO to get into better shape and that he did not do it. In WWE, you better be in tremendous physical condition OR super tall or super fat. You are in a bad position if your look is "regular guy"

CM Punk got away with it but he had an incredible amount of potential and also benefited from ECW being around. He also worked to get into better shape.

I can't think of many regular looking guys making it far in WWE. Even Bryan is in really good shape and again we're talking about a top 5 worker in the world.

Luke Harper is quickly becoming a favorite though. This is a guy who gets his gimmick. His look fits, his style fits, his mannerisms fit, his promo fit.... yeahyeahyeahyeahyeah.....

I am starting to become a fan of Luke Harper. I just like the look. Bruiser Brody type of look. I just like his aggressive style. Currently watching this week's episode of NXT. A very solid match between he and Chris Hero. So this is 2 matches in a row that Harper has put on good showings. Monday vs Punk and now this match. I just fear he will hurt someone because he is so stiff.Dude just has a look. That dirty, I didn't shower in 3 weeks type of look. He is legit scary. I can see it now though, he will end up a face whenever he breaks away from Bray. I don't want to see that though. 

Luke Harper is quickly becoming a favorite though. This is a guy who gets his gimmick. His look fits, his style fits, his mannerisms fit, his promo fit.... yeahyeahyeahyeahyeah.....

I am starting to become a fan of Luke Harper. I just like the look. Bruiser Brody type of look. I just like his aggressive style. Currently watching this week's episode of NXT. A very solid match between he and Chris Hero. So this is 2 matches in a row that Harper has put on good showings. Monday vs Punk and now this match. I just fear he will hurt someone because he is so stiff.Dude just has a look. That dirty, I didn't shower in 3 weeks type of look. He is legit scary. I can see it now though, he will end up a face whenever he breaks away from Bray. I don't want to see that though. 

He's just a normal dude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fao5_8WP7ec

• Like 1

He had another very good match with Bryan on Smackdown. Check it out. 3 good matches in a week.

He had another very good match with Bryan on Smackdown. Check it out. 3 good matches in a week.

Make that four - I really liked the tag he did with the PTP on Main Event as well. It got a good amount of time and both the babyfaces worked really hard in it as well. I'd probably rate it above the Bryan match.

Make that four - I really liked the tag he did with the PTP on Main Event as well. It got a good amount of time and both the babyfaces worked really hard in it as well. I'd probably rate it above the Bryan match.

Will check it out. All aboard the Luke Harper Express - yeahyeahyeahyeaaaaah.