DVDVR Message Board

RAW 2-10-14

RIPPA

a. wow, the 3 of them are just dicks

b. what the fuck is up with the suggested viewing videos after it was done.

I'll echo, Bray's running SAK was just the best.

And I'll call it now, the "surprise mid-carder" the crowd gets behind at the post-Mania Raw is going to be Tony Cesaro.  He's just been awesome the last couple of months... 

a. wow, the 3 of them are just dicks

b. what the fuck is up with the suggested viewing videos after it was done.

I'll echo, Bray's running SAK was just the best.

And I'll call it now, the "surprise mid-carder" the crowd gets behind at the post-Mania Raw is going to be Tony Cesaro.  He's just been awesome the last couple of months... 

They're ALREADY behind Cesaro.

Was at the show- it seems like how over Cesaro was came across on TV, but the live crowd seemed almost surprised and delighted by it. Like, a section would start a Cesaro chant and another section would be like 'oh my god, they're right!' and pick it up. 

The Americans vs. Sheamus and Christian was probably the match of the night. 

Seth calling out the CM Punk chants during the commercial break was great, and it woke people the hell up. 

Watching Orton troll the hell out of the audience was fantastic, and he was starting to get some cheers from it. 

In front of us there was were two little girls dressed head to toe in Cena gear that were into every bit of that match. It reminds me that next time a boring headlock is happening, there is a kid that's freaking out about John Cena escaping the hold. At one point we were cheering for the Wyatts during the dark main (Wyatts vs Cena, Batista, and Bryan) and they turned around and stared death at us.

Behind us, there was a ten year old smart mark that kept chanting for Kevin Steen. It was also kind of rad to recognize PWG regulars in sections where chants were starting.

Batista looked terrible in the dark main event. The guy can barely move, and it seems like he's furious that he hasn't been handed huge pops and fan reactions just for being back. 

Part of the problems in watching this a day late is sometimes you get confused by the comments people make. After seeing the Girl, Bye bit, I thought then that Orton shouted it out later in the night too for some reason. I enjoyed his little freak out but was ultimately disappointed. 

• Like 1

I find it odd because they have never changed. Why are we surprised at these promos? When you get the outlaws..this is what you get. Plus, you know it doesn't help that the crowd is still into them so we will keep seeing them.

So crowd being into NAO = tag title push. Crowd being into Bryan = Fuck the fans they get what we want them to have.

• Like 1

My roommate asked me why Billy was allowed to wear shorts that looked ridiculous. I said "because he's the ass man" she asked what that meant..."well he loves to love them, he loves to watch them..."

So one day back in middle school, would have to be sometime in 99, I had gotten picked up by my dad and we were at the stoplight outside the school. A kid I recognized from school pulls up next to us with, I would assume, his older high school-aged brother driving and they are fucking BLASTING Billy Gunn's "Assman" theme from the stereo of their early 90s sky blue Buick Regal.

• Like 2

I used to hang out with a dude that bought the Billy Gunn shirt that on the front said "all this..." And on the back said "and a really great ass too!"

Not only that but he's top tier in turning out to be a normal dude that contributes to society out of my friends from that time period.

• Like 2

Someone mentioned AJ inducting Lita into the HOF. I don't see any way Punk's ex allows his current girlfriend to induct her. I assume Trish Stratus will be the one to induct Lita.

Fun show, but needed more D-Bry. Jae needs to put Brie vs Nikki as a March Madness special attraction match, and people can try and explain why one is better than the other, without playing "she's dating Daniel Bryan, she's learning from him!!!!!" card. :P

We're all still sleeping on Dean talking about "all the paperwork" that needs to get done when defending a mid-tier title.

That is so awesome. I really want to see that in action now. Justin Gabriel issues a challenge for Main Event so something and there are like 45 pages of waivers and those "initial here" stickers they put on documents when you refinance a mortgage. I'd love to see Dean waiting by the FAX machine (in Shield gear) waiting for all of these to get through as he gets more and more ADHD frustrated, especially when the Xerox jams up when he has to make a second copy for himself.

I imagine it COULD be a legitimate gripe.

• Like 5

As far as the Punk stuff -- Have they ever leaked the "pre-match" warm-up stuff before? Or Rollins trolling during the commercial break showing up on the website?

Crowd in Chicago is going to go nuts when they hear Cult of Personality.

My gut tells me that if that sort of thing was out there for every Raw, it'd get leaked more and we'd be talking about some jerkass comment every week. With the way the wrestling business is so microanalyzed on wrestling sites, there's no way that, if people had access to this, we wouldn't hear about stuff all the time. 

WWE COMMENTATOR REMARKS ON MID CARD TALENT!

or something. 

Cult of personality ...

Followed by ...

A midget in cm punk gear

I'm actually really curious about the CM Punk trademark and whether or not they could do stuff like that.

Because if so, as we've said before, Corey Graves as the Corporate Best in the World is the way to go.  

Edit: Oh, Internet:

tumblr_mosd3hLPaI1qebw21o1_500.jpg

Drug Down, indeed. 

My roommate asked me why Billy was allowed to wear shorts that looked ridiculous. I said "because he's the ass man" she asked what that meant..."well he loves to love them, he loves to watch them..."

Do... do you live with every nerd's fake Canadian girlfriend?

This is the best thing on the internet for the rest of the day. Go ahead and shut her down and we can all try again tomorrow.

Far as top guys on the roster, don't forget that Regal is occasionally active. 

I really am surprised we haven't gotten a midget Hitman deal for Punk. There is more to this that we do not know. 

Whoever called Outlaws as transitional champs to get the belts to the Usos is dead-on. Those belts are going around their waists, and soon. It wouldn't have worked to do face vs. face and I guess they really don't give a shit how over the Real Americans are. 

I really am surprised we haven't gotten a midget Hitman deal for Punk. There is more to this that we do not know. 

Because they don't want to further piss off someone they actually want to bring back?  At least with Bret, there was zero chance he was returning. 

But I can easily see HHH cutting a promo in Chicago, the Punk music hits, the fans go apeshit, the music ends, and HHH just laughs and points at everybody for falling for it.

Because they don't want to further piss off someone they actually want to bring back?  At least with Bret, there was zero chance he was returning. 

But I can easily see HHH cutting a promo in Chicago, the Punk music hits, the fans go apeshit, the music ends, and HHH just laughs and points at everybody for falling for it.

Nah, that would make Hunter a HEEL and not SUPER COOL.

• Like 3