DVDVR Message Board

RAW 2-10-14

RIPPA

The fact that Reigns, Langston, and Cesaro are all being primed for babyface pushes right now (but obviously can't all get them at the same time) is EXACTLY why we need the brand split back.

Langston isn't being primed for anything.  The fact that he dropped the fall in a match that involved Kofi Kingston and Rey Misterio speaks volumes.  And was he even on Raw last night?

The fact that Reigns, Langston, and Cesaro are all being primed for babyface pushes right now (but obviously can't all get them at the same time) is EXACTLY why we need the brand split back.

Langston isn't being primed for anything.  The fact that he dropped the fall in a match that involved Kofi Kingston and Rey Misterio speaks volumes.  And was he even on Raw last night?

Proves my point. They had to put the brakes on the Langston push because of Reigns.

It's one of the best aspects of Punk the performer.  He is able to draw importance out of ideas like "home field advantage" and what not.  Punk/Cena is obviously the best example of this, but he was doing it way back when in ROH with Samoa Joe and Jimmy Rave etc etc.

RVD/Cena at One Night Stand bro.

Why does the Authority keep cutting the same "wag their finger" at Orton promos like disappointed parents? They need a clearer mission statement.  What's their motivation again?

I do like that Rey Misterio is basically The Shield's and Wyatt's rag doll each week.  Misterio earning his checks.

The brand split only works if you are going to have two different brands and actually enforce it and keep a different set of superstars on each show.  

Also, I think I think the problem with the brand split was that whenever one product was really hot and on fire, the other was Wrestlecap.  From 2002-2003, Smackdown was the hot brand.  Then about 2004-2005, it switched over to Raw being good and Smackdown was garbage for quite some time.  Smackdown I recall improving a lot around 2006-ish.  But around 2007 is when the brand split basically became pointless.

Why does the Authority keep cutting the same "wag their finger" at Orton promos like disappointed parents? They need a clearer mission statement.  What's their motivation again?

They're dicks who enjoy tearing down anyone in a public setting.

Paging Dr. Freud...

At 11 pages I am sure someone has mentioned it already but I guess Lawler did whatever he was going to do to make sure Bad News Barrett didn't show up this week

I mean - I have no memory of Barrett being on Raw

• Like 1

I still don't understand the logic behind CM Punk chants hijacking an event.

The "DAN-IEL BRY-AN!" and "YES" chants I understand because they have to do with booking, etc. Do we even know why CM Punk left? It's all speculation. For all we know it could be a money dispute over PPV payouts and The Network. It could be because he's injured or tired. The chants imply that he has been wronged. In what way has WWE wronged him? We don't know..

There's the idea that they screwed up his push by Kevin Nashing him or something? Or that he should be in the main event instead of Batista? Or just that people really want to see CM Punk and they're letting everyone, including him, know. 

Your empathy lacks, man.

I think he was asking the kayfabe reason.

I think he was asking the kayfabe reason.

They're dicks who enjoy tearing down anyone in a public setting while claiming that it is what's best for business.

• Like 1