DVDVR Message Board

RAW 2-10-14

RIPPA

Good stuff tonight with the six man and Real Americans vs Sheamus/Christian standing out. With the response and loud We the People chants, wouldn't mind seeing them turn face down the line together rather than having an inevitable breakup, really like them as a team. Alberto just beating Dolph in under 2 minutes was amusing. Usos looked good, great finish. Loved the Shield/Wyatts staredown, the Shield came off totally badass ready for the fight. Nice to see Lita go into the HOF, always was a fan of her. Really enjoyed Cena/Orton: The Final Chapter as well, glad they ended up getting the crowd into it by the end.

Of course you guys would think 42 year old Mark Henry should go over the current U.S. champ, and then destroy WWE's heir apparent to John Cena. Of course.

Edit: Alright, it was really just 2 people, but yeah Shield Rules and all that other good shit.

• Like 1

Rewatched the Staredown. This totally feels like that time in high school when the big, arrogant football jock douchebag who sexually harassed your ex-girlfriend and the metalhead bully who burns himself with a lighter and once physically threatened one of your pets bump into each other in the cafeteria. You don't like either dudes but man oh man is it going to be joyous to see them tear each other half to death.

• Like 3

Rewatched the Staredown. This totally feels like that time in high school when the big, arrogant football jock douchebag who sexually harassed your ex-girlfriend and the metalhead bully who burns himself with a lighter and once physically threatened one of your pets bump into each other in the cafeteria. You don't like either dudes but man oh man is it going to be joyous to see them tear each other half to death.

Where the fuck did you go to school? John Hughes High?

• Like 20

Difference between Daniel Bryan and Stone Cold:

When Mr. McMahon tells Austin the WWF is concerned for his well-being and isn't clearing him to get in the ring, Austin goes "I appreciate the fact that the WWF cares. And I also appreciate the fact that, hell, you can kiss my ass"     *stunner*

When Mr. Levesque tells Daniel Bryan that the WWE is giving him the night off because it's best for business, he just stands there and takes it, but not before waving his arms like a lunatic in his face as they fade to commercial.

• Like 2

So WWE is a public traded company "now" as opposed to 1999 when Batista wasn't even in the business yet. And man, Big Show just continues his fifteen year run as getting booked like a chump. Instead of being angry about being injured and looking for revenge, he trots out a famous corpse with his goofy fake smiley face. I guess it's better than dancing half naked in an adult diaper.

• Like 2

When Mr. Levesque tells Daniel Bryan that the WWE is giving him the night off because it's best for business, he just stands there and takes it, but not before waving his arms like a lunatic in his face as they fade to commercial.

He's a lot like Kermit. 

I love how into the Wyatts vs Rhodes/Rey match the crowd was. 

The Shield/Wyatt's staredown was the highlight of the show for me. If Iwas the kind of guy that buys PPV's, that angle would the draw for me.

Watching Cesaro get WAY over before my very eyes has been fun as hell for me.

Sheamus didn't bore the shit out of me which he's done for years.

Cena/Orton was ok and that's all I'm giving up on that one.

Batista is the drizzling shits and it feels like the live crowds and, to a lesser extent, WWE mangement are figuring that out.

Bryan and Kane at Mania?

The NAO skit was stupid, Emma was stupid, the divas were stupid, HHH is stupid, and so is his mannish wife.

Lita got into the HOF?  The Edge / CM Punk mutual appreciation society "Yeah, I hit that." moment will be great.

Poor Matt Hardy.  Jeff's roach clip will get into the HOF before he will.

I cannot wait for the Riddick-level evil vs. evil assbeating at EC.  They need to go full Thunderdome and tie weapons to the cage when The Shield and The Wyatt's beat the shit out of each other.   Seth Rollins may die before the night is out.

Bryan and Kane at Mania?

I think it's there as a place holder that sets in motion on a RAW after EC what Bryan will be doing for Mania.

Bryan/Kane could be The Authority's "proving ground" match for Bryan to enter the title match. It could also be to set Bryan up for Hunter if that's the route they go.

My take on the Real Americans love is the crowd doesn't know what to make of them. First, once they stopped feuding with face Del Rio they kind of lost their purpose. Zeb is spouting things that a fairly large chunk of the country agrees with. To top it off, what he is saying has nothing to do with a current feud. Why exactly are they heels? Second, they have a catchphrase and actually get mic time.  Crowds love catchphrases.

You can just imagine how Del Rio v. Ziggler was pitched to Del Rio.

Creative: Alberto, so we're going to have Batista obliterate you for the umpteenth time in a row.

ADR: But isn't that going to strip me of any credibility I still have?

Creative: Don't you worry, we're going to feed you Dolph first. He'll come off much worse.

ADR: Oh, now I feel better. (nodding head)

(end scene)

Can we get a gif of Orton no selling Cenas leg drop to walk into the AA? Does anyone else get distracted by the heels always just bouncing up to take more offense?