DVDVR Message Board

Over the Edge 1999 Arguments

goodhelmet

Strong words for a grown man with PSN stats in his signature.

giphy.gif

Course, I ain't the grown man having a temper tantrum because people might watch something I don't want to.

• Like 2

Strong words for a grown man with PSN stats in his signature.

Course, I ain't the grown man having a temper tantrum because people might watch something I don't want to.

At no point have you added anything to this discussion, you've just chimed after Big Fresh's poor attempts at trolling me (Typo? Check. Attempt to discredit via own ignorance? Check). We're not talking about a sleazy angle or gimmick that a person may or may not find offensive, or some in-poor-taste new E! reality series, it's about someone who actually lost their life in the middle of a show. I've stated the principle used to come to the position that I'm at, and I've explained it several times already. There's nothing left to be done here. So either make a case for why YOU think it's acceptable for OTE to be aired, or get off my dick. (Or don't. I'm already at half chub)

My memory of anything wrestling after Montreal is spotty at best, so I was shocked they did a title change after Owen.  I am wondering if perhaps someone in the network is not as informed as they could be on what took place at that event. I doubt everyone at the "E" is a wrestling historian. At a similar but non-tragic event, are they showing all of beware of dog(?) where the power went out and they redid the whole thing?

At no point have you added anything to this discussion, you've just chimed after Big Fresh's poor attempts at trolling me (Typo? Check. Attempt to discredit via own ignorance? Check).

If you're still going on about me when I hadn't posted here for almost all day, it wasn't a "poor attempt", you've been "trolled". Though frankly, all I've done is mocked someone who's being such an ass that he's left himself up for being easily mocked. Consider this, my friend, there are many, many people on this board who don't like when I usually take a run at Victator like this and post that I should shut the fuck up. In this thread, not one person has told to stop fucking with you. Not one.

I find myself actually of being in overall support of Antacular's original position regarding it making ethical sense for the WWE to avoid featuring OTE 99 on the Network.  However, the pomposity of his inability to realize that others may not be predisposed to agree with him (for a variety of reasons OTHER than "they are a bad person"), coupled with the majority of his arguments in "defense" of his position being a semantics about morals vs. ethics and name-dropping philosophers finds me enjoying everyone taking the piss out of him in this thread. 

Even if you are correct, being a dickhead about it doesn't endear one to most (a lesson I've learned many times over).

• Like 4

Very well said!  I'll piggyback and say that I find it remarkable that WWE has shown so much constraint by shelving the event for so long as it is.  I kinda hope they cut Jarret's promo, or add a package detailing what all happened and the significance of it.

At no point have you added anything to this discussion, you've just chimed after Big Fresh's poor attempts at trolling me (Typo? Check. Attempt to discredit via own ignorance? Check).

If you're still going on about me when I hadn't posted here for almost all day, it wasn't a "poor attempt", you've been "trolled". Though frankly, all I've done is mocked someone who's being such an ass that he's left himself up for being easily mocked. Consider this, my friend, there are many, many people on this board who don't like when I usually take a run at Victator like this and post that I should shut the fuck up. In this thread, not one person has told to stop fucking with you. Not one.

Look, Chuckles. Just because none of us want to get involved in this massive heap of argumentative bullshit that has absolutely no upside doesn't mean that you're suddenly serving an important and valued role in the community. Antacular's ridiculous arguments are one thing. You jumping up and down going "Look at me! I'm a good troll now! Hurray for me!" is pretty much just as excruciating. 

• Like 7

Wrestling occurs in a really narrow space where WWE is both the progenitor and caretaker of its history. What I mean to say is the likelihood of there ever being some archive where you can put on a pair of white gloves and view the ppv is very small. The historical value is undeniable but it's also not like footage has been totally lost. I think the problem with putting Over the Edge on the network is in edifying a "clean" version of the event. Pat themselves on the back for not showing him fall, or the immediate aftermath, then air Mark Henry's poem a million more times. I just don't see a way for WWE to use the broadcast itself in any form that doesn't re-victimize his survivors. Personally the two parts I find most affecting are the pre-match promo on the Godfather, and Lawler's thousand yard stare when he returns to the table. Knowing what happens, the sense of doom radiates forward and backward equally. By the time you're done clipping you've satisfied no one and also deeply compromised the historical value. Should've just put the main event on the History of the WWE Championship dvd and been done with it forever. 

• Like 11

At no point have you added anything to this discussion, you've just chimed after Big Fresh's poor attempts at trolling me (Typo? Check. Attempt to discredit via own ignorance? Check).

Look, Chuckles. Just because none of us want to get involved in this massive heap of argumentative bullshit that has absolutely no upside doesn't mean that you're suddenly serving an important and valued role in the community. Antacular's ridiculous arguments are one thing. You jumping up and down going "Look at me! I'm a good troll now! Hurray for me!" is pretty much just as excruciating.

*shrugs* Beloved by all but one, I guess.

My memory of anything wrestling after Montreal is spotty at best, so I was shocked they did a title change after Owen.  I am wondering if perhaps someone in the network is not as informed as they could be on what took place at that event. 

Stephanie's already spoken about it. They're editing the show.

I respect you, booker man!

Oh settle down Zeidler, that's what this thread was established for when it broke away from the Network thread. All substantial arguments about OTE have been made. It's over. Everyone but one guy is on the same side. You wanna keep reading the thread of everyone repeating the same gibberish over and over?

I just want to say, I don't check the board for a day or two and I come back to read this entire thread. Wow.

Just to throw my two cents in, it would be wrong in some people's eyes if they didn't acknowledge it and attempted to gloss over it. alan said it best though.