DVDVR Message Board

Over the Edge 1999 Arguments

goodhelmet

At no point have you added anything to this discussion, you've just chimed after Big Fresh's poor attempts at trolling me (Typo? Check. Attempt to discredit via own ignorance? Check).

If you're still going on about me when I hadn't posted here for almost all day, it wasn't a "poor attempt", you've been "trolled". Though frankly, all I've done is mocked someone who's being such an ass that he's left himself up for being easily mocked. Consider this, my friend, there are many, many people on this board who don't like when I usually take a run at Victator like this and post that I should shut the fuck up. In this thread, not one person has told to stop fucking with you. Not one.

Look, Chuckles. Just because none of us want to get involved in this massive heap of argumentative bullshit that has absolutely no upside doesn't mean that you're suddenly serving an important and valued role in the community. Antacular's ridiculous arguments are one thing. You jumping up and down going "Look at me! I'm a good troll now! Hurray for me!" is pretty much just as excruciating. 

Alright, I re-read some of this after letting it all cool off for awhile and you got a point. The guy pissed me off right off the bat with his smarmy "You're confusing morals with ethics" comment and it only got worse from there. But I kept it going too long and went overboard with it. I stil think not only is his logic flawed, but he behavior was extroidinarily douchey. But to the rest of you, sorry.

The Ppv had a title change and other big matches. If they edit out the Owen parts then it is no different then someone watching Fully Loaded 1999.

Only, with a dent in the corner of the ring and blood stains on the canvas, with several wrestlers clearly checking out on tape. But, you know, yeah, Fully Loaded 99....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do get why WWE did it but I literally started to get nauseous watching this (never saw the PPV) and turned it off as the mixed tag started. The obviously broken ring, the gruesome blood stain, and the tone of the announcers/wrestlers...it's just too much to be remotely comfortable with. Ghoulish and awful.

If you just wanna watch the first two matches, it feels like Random Attitude Era PPV X. After? No. Just no.

• Like 1

yeah, the PPV happened essentially in my hometown, I know people who were there. I'm guessing they're not anxious to rewatch that PPV.  (I was a scramblevision devotee, so I didn't see the PPV live).

They could have just removed the show from the canon of PPVs and then told anybody outraged about it: "tough". But hey, not sure if reairing the PPV 15 years later is any less tasteful than completing it in the first place

I do get why WWE did it but I literally started to get nauseous watching this (never saw the PPV) and turned it off as the mixed tag started. The obviously broken ring, the gruesome blood stain, and the tone of the announcers/wrestlers...it's just too much to be remotely comfortable with. Ghoulish and awful.

If you just wanna watch the first two matches, it feels like Random Attitude Era PPV X. After? No. Just no.

From what I can tell the blood stain was there during the matches before he fell.