DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble

Brian Fowler

I went to the show and I'm disappointed. Not gonna write a review now... But Batista flipping off kids in the crowd and doing a mock yes chant in the ramp with his middle fingers was bs. Dude sucks and couldn't get the crowd over. That's his fault.

:angry: BATISTA :angry:

it's almost like he's intentionally doing things that will be unpopular. Next thing you know, he'll offer Daniel Bryan the WM title shot if Daniel Bryan can measure up to a "You must be this tall to get a title shot" notice.

Can't fucking believe they didn't let Nash jackknife somebody.

More like he could barely fucking move, let alone pick someone up to do anything.

At least he got that elimination on Swagger. 

I'm pretty sure he could have jackknifed the midget.

I've largely quit on wrestling these days- and I started almost 30 years ago thanks to the Midnight Express.

I mostly check this board to see if it's safe to start watching again, and Eric Embry.

This cost WWE 60 bucks as I was thinking about the Network,  Not now.

That doesn't even make any sense.  Why not spend the ten bucks a month and enjoy everything you used to love about pro wrestling and just don't bother watching any of the new stuff?  That's like saying "I was going to subscribe to Spotify but everything that came out this month sucks."

I'm on board with a lot of the hatred, but this whole "F the Network" as a reaction just feels like cutting your nose to spite your face.

This result honestly doesn't bother me much. I'm still pretty sure Bryan is main eventing WM. What bothers me more is that it really does feel like some unnecessary trolling here happened even if Bryan is main eventing WM.

Can't fucking believe they didn't let Nash jackknife somebody.

More like he could barely fucking move, let alone pick someone up to do anything.

At least he got that elimination on Swagger. 

I'm pretty sure he could have jackknifed the midget.

Daniel Bryan wasn't booked to be in the Rumble, though.

• Like 1

I went to the show and I'm disappointed. Not gonna write a review now... But Batista flipping off kids in the crowd and doing a mock yes chant in the ramp with his middle fingers was bs. Dude sucks and couldn't get the crowd over. That's his fault.

The photos of him flipping off people in the aisleway are now all over Twitter.

It's not his problem if they didn't book the show correctly or to the crowd's liking, He's following orders. But showing his ass to kids is his problem. 

It's not his problem if they didn't book the show correctly or to the crowd's liking, He's following orders. But showing his ass to kids is his problem. 

I hear you could go to jail for that.

I don't know what would be more fun. Batista just going heel on Monday, or just twisting the knife and being the world's least sincere babyface for awhile. Something where he's a total shithead and getting booed while working heels. Considering the whole crowd experience tonight, I can't really blame him for venting and taunting a bit

• Like 1

So many likes, so little time.  Capped off by Cobra Commander pointing out about Batista showing his ass to kids which is just cracking me up right now.  

Kid yelling at Batista: "Batista, you suck!"

Batista: "Oh yeah, how about this?" *pulls down pants, shows his ass*

Kid: "That's very nice but..."

• Like 3

"Forget it Jake, it's WWE."

Speaking of which, where was our Jake Roberts cameo? Surely he could have gotten Nash's spot.

That doesn't even make any sense. Why not spend the ten bucks a month and enjoy everything you used to love about pro wrestling and just don't bother watching any of the new stuff?

Because Youtube is free.

I don't know what would be more fun. Batista just going heel on Monday, or just twisting the knife and being the world's least sincere babyface for awhile. Something where he's a total shithead and getting booed while working heels. Considering the whole crowd experience tonight, I can't really blame him for venting and taunting a bit

"Showing one's ass" is an expression one of my professional mentors used all the time. It means acting like less than a quality human being. 

If they want to go in that direction, that's fine. That's probably what they SHOULD do at this point anyway. But that's not what they were trying to accomplish tonight so it just smacks of acting unprofessionally.

Put it this way: Anyone who wasn't a main-eventer who did the same thing off-page would be fired on the spot at worst and sent to company Siberia at best.  

It's easy to say "Evil Vince Is Screwing This Guy's Career!" and whatnot, but really, Bryan isn't much of a TV or PPV draw. Anyone comparing him to Austin is seriously misguided.

His chant is probably more over than he is.

• Like 1

The whole sudden acceptance of all-things Batista was strange anyway. Did I enjoy his heel work against Cena? Sure, it was fun for a couple months. But that's about it. Following the feud with Triple H in '05 he pretty much sucked for years and years as the guy on SD!

I thought it was fine to have him back but I thought it'd be for a couple matches at the most. Batista as a face on a full time schedule sounds terrible. Plus, someone along the way convinced him he's a "star" and that isn't helping matters.

• Like 1

It's easy to say "Evil Vince Is Screwing This Guy's Career!" and whatnot, but really, Bryan isn't much of a TV or PPV draw. Anyone comparing to Austin is seriously misguided.

His chant is probably more over than he is.

I don't think he's really been given a legit shot to prove if he can be a draw or not.

"Showing one's ass" is an expression one of my professional mentors used all the time. It means acting like less than a quality human being. 

If they want to go in that direction, that's fine. That's probably what they SHOULD do at this point anyway. But that's not what they were trying to accomplish tonight so it just smacks of acting unprofessionally.

Put it this way: Anyone who wasn't a main-eventer who did the same thing off-page would be fired on the spot at worst and sent to company Siberia at best.  

WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH

(you see, on the internet, sometimes people make jokes where a term with multiple meanings is used with the alternate mea-- nevermind)

as for the moralism thing. I'm sure they'll remind him to not obviously flip off children. But let's not call the feds here. Batista was well within his rights to mock those people, and if it turns out Batista is going heel soon, he can do more of it soon

The whole sudden acceptance of all-things Batista was strange anyway. Did I enjoy his heel work against Cena? Sure, it was fun for a couple months. But that's about it. Following the feud with Triple H in '05 he pretty much sucked for years and years as the guy on SD!

I thought it was fine to have him back but I thought it'd be for a couple matches at the most. Batista as a face on a full time schedule sounds terrible.

FSW's power and influence grew immeasurably since that last run.  Big corporate sleazy dudes are the new cruiserweights.

More than half the guys who are former world champions in the last 20 years wouldn't have been former world champions had they been put through the same criteria Bryan is going through now with those questions. Because most of them prior to being on top never were put in a position where they and they alone were required to be draws.