DVDVR Message Board

Vince has a billion dollar company to run. Listening to a disgruntled ex-employee on his buddy's podcast is not something that he SHOULD be rushing to do.

When more people HAVE listened to it than have subscribed to his streaming service and it's about HIS BILLION DOLLAR business, yeah, he should.

More people listening to one free podcast that word of mouth called controversial than signing up for a streaming service subscription that is 10 dollars a month is hardly a big deal.  Free and hyped for a week is a lot easier to commit to than a monthly service you pay for.  Somehow I'm guessing Vince McMahon isn't concerned about these numbers.  At all.  Nor should he be.  Nor have the numbers probably even crossed his mind.  Nor should they.

Take a look at the itunes podcast charts. Colt, Austin, JR and Jericho are all in the top 75 in the world for any category. 

The Punk podcast was streamed on youtube one million times. That means a quarter of their audience listened to it. 

JRs has bragged that the Sting episode was downloaded over one million times. 

There is an enormous amount of interest in wrestling podcasts and they dominate the sports podcast charts. 

And yet WWE is grasping at straws at what kind of programming people want to see on the Network. 

In the back of my head, I have a feeling that Vince will think what drew viewers to the Network Monday night was all the attitude era talk.

Yeah, Vince is worried about the ratings and numbers from his real competition...Disney.  They are working on a Frozen gimmick right now for the Bella twins.  Word is Kevin Steen is getting called up to play a retarded snowman.  

Nikki = Elsa, Brie = Anna, D-Bryan = Kristoff, Owens = Olaf, Babyface Kane = Sven.

Yup I'm down with this idea.

It would actually be kind of great if "Let it go" became  chant:

"Vince, I'm not gonna let you screw Daniel Bryan over like you did me in Montr...LET IT GO!

LET IT GO!

LET IT GO!

LET IT GO!"

"That cell changed my life!  Yeah, we put on the best match in history but ask yourself if it's worth it before you step in there, DeanLET IT GO!

LET IT GO!

LET IT GO!"

"Brother, it's great to be back here tonight Mean GenLET IT GO!

LET IT GO!

LET IT GO!

LET IT GO!

LET IT GO!

"Now I know some of you come here to boo me, and I stand by your right toLET IT GO!

LET IT GO!

LET IT GO!

LET IT GO!

LET IT GO!

LET IT GO!

• Like 1

Vince has a billion dollar company to run. Listening to a disgruntled ex-employee on his buddy's podcast is not something that he SHOULD be rushing to do.

When more people HAVE listened to it than have subscribed to his streaming service and it's about HIS BILLION DOLLAR business, yeah, he should.

More people listening to one free podcast that word of mouth called controversial than signing up for a streaming service subscription that is 10 dollars a month is hardly a big deal.  Free and hyped for a week is a lot easier to commit to than a monthly service you pay for.  Somehow I'm guessing Vince McMahon isn't concerned about these numbers.  At all.  Nor should he be.  Nor have the numbers probably even crossed his mind.  Nor should they.

Nearly ONE MILLION listens from an audience that you depend on network, live event, and video game buys from IS a big deal. Do the math.

The mention of Tiger Mask makes me think about Mr. Wrestling.

I wouldn't mind seeing that gimmick come back. Of course, Vince would have to get over his "I don't do wrestling" thing first.

Mr. Entertainment?

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing that gimmick come back. Of course, Vince would have to get over his "I don't do wrestling" thing first.

Mr. Entertainment?

That just sounds like a bad Chris Jericho or Miz nickname. 

Mr. Entertainment?

Miz needs to drop a lose-leave-town and come back under a Mr. Entertainment mask that has the exact same lay out as Mr. Wrestling II's old white and black mask but covered in rhinestones. BOOK IT!

Mr. Entertainment?

Miz needs to drop a lose-leave-town and come back under a Mr. Entertainment mask that has the exact same lay out as Mr. Wrestling II's old white and black mask but covered in rhinestones. BOOK IT!

Only if Mizdow comes Mr. Entertainmendow. 

• Like 1

Mr. Entertainment?

Only if Mizdow comes Mr. Entertainmendow. 

That's a license to print money.

Mr. Entertainment?

calgary-kid-the-miz.jpg

• Like 1

They should just be like New Japan and pay Disney to let them have a diva dress up as Anna or Elsa to wrestle. They can be like the female American equivalent of Tiger Mask.

That's....not a bad idea...the amount of revenue would be insane. Even if Disney/WWE split it 50/50

I think it's unfair to call Vince out if touch. He's known to be a non stop workaholic and all, but maybe he just doesn't give a shit about some things?

Like what his customers actually want?

Also, what is this "disgruntled ex-employee" shit, like he's some MBA the who got canned after a few months in marketing. Punk was, at one time, the #1 or #2 source of revenue for the company.

People are really overestimating the amount of free time that Vince would actually have. Vince McMahon does not and should not have enough time to listen to Colt Cabana's podcast. He likely got notes from an intern or someone below him, as he should. People who are busy typically don't have time to sit down and listen to someone that they know personally bitch and moan about the way that they were treated. Vince lived it, he knows what's going on better than any of us and he likely got notes so he knows Punk's side of things. Nothing that Punk said was so groundbreaking or original (to Vince) that he should go out of his way to listen to it. Everything that Punk says, Vince was actually there.

And the main difference between Vince and Stephanie is results. Vince took his father's company and expanded it nationwide, along the way creating relationships with key players like MTV, USA and NBC. Did he fail sometimes? Yes, the "Black Saturday" and his attempt at being on TBS was a failure by any measure. The WBF and XFL were also failures. Vince's niche is pro wrestling and maybe he doesn't realize that but when he's in his niche, he is damn good at what he does. I realize it's popular to bash Vince, but he IS legitimately one of the best businessmen in the world. I trust that Vince knows what he's doing on the business side of things and I assume that he spends most of his time there these days. Lesser businessmen would have crashed and burned during national expansion or folded under pressure when Turner was encroaching on his territory.

Stephanie on the other hand? Her stint as head of creative was one of the most creatively dull periods of wrestling history. She has no track record of success. She's likely not incompetent but she's not exceptionally talented either. Since being given power, she hasn't really done ANYTHING remarkable.

Her boob job is pretty remarkable.

• Like 1