DVDVR Message Board

also loved the talk about all the random stuff that Big Show did for money before Danny Bonaduce (!!!) got Big Show a meeting with Hulk Hogan

Thanks a lot. Maybe it's just my own fucked up thinking, but now I'm picturing the Big Show doing lewd things for drugs and money.

You're thinking about Big Show as Dirk Diggler when he's really down on his luck after the double cross of the drug dealer goes wrong.

also, unless I misheard the part of the interview about the tape Pat Patterson got... he confused Big Show for Kurrgan on the Big Show's tryout tape (of him running the ropes. because that's the entirety of what he learned for $5000 from Larry Sharpe)

Danny Bonaduce should open a wrestling school on the side. Heck, if you have the means and credibility to convince people to pay you a few thousand dollars to get pro wrestling training, you should do it

Danny Bonaduce is a big wrestling fan, isn't he? I remember he looked pretty good in the ring (for a celebrity) during Hogan's Celebrity Wrestling thing.

He wrestled one of the brady kids on a wcw ppv dark match iirc

also, unless I misheard the part of the interview about the tape Pat Patterson got... he confused Big Show for Kurrgan on the Big Show's tryout tape (of him running the ropes. because that's the entirety of what he learned for $5000 from Larry Sharpe)

Yes that is how the story went and then when Vince and Pat were watching Show's match with Hogan at Halloween Havoc Mike Chioda (who gave Pat the tape) asked something about why they didn't get him and Vince blew up. Man I would love to see Vince loose his shit because they missed out on someone as money as Big Show, people need to just secretly film Vince at all times, these days it's probably not as great as the the past but you'd probably get some gems in there.

A Vince reality show is something I would want to see. The Bruce Prichard shoot that just came out has a couple of stories that almost humanizes Vince with his $1,000 haircuts in New York City and feeling the need to go bar/restaurant hopping around Times Square because he wanted to visit the old haunts of back when his dad ran the Garden and their afterparties.

The Show interview was great. Cena and Show both have come off as really smart, self-aware guys. It's surprising when you consider how oblivious top guys of the past are in shoots.

Show took a shot at Meros money while in WCW.

Austin took a shot at WCW guys who came over to WWE and couldn't make it on the WWE's stage. I can't think of who he would be talking about other than Mero. (maybe DDP (prob not) or Buff)

We need to start taking a tally of all of the shots at Mero's money and abilities show up in various interviews. If you notice, almost none of it is personal.

Public Enemy. Chris Jericho had that rep at first. 

A Vince reality show is something I would want to see. The Bruce Prichard shoot that just came out has a couple of stories that almost humanizes Vince with his $1,000 haircuts in New York City and feeling the need to go bar/restaurant hopping around Times Square because he wanted to visit the old haunts of back when his dad ran the Garden and their afterparties.

I wonder how much better the $1,000 haircuts are over the $500 variety.

I'd really love it if Austin could get Sting or Warrior on his show.  Those could be incredible interviews.  

Really enjoying Austin and Jericho's shows.  Just sounds like they are shooting the breeze and having fun and they seem to be naturals at it.  

Wow.  Did we just get the greatest Rick Rude quote ever?  Yes we god damn did.  

It maybe, I was going to post it when I saw you mentioned it.  It's a great quote, but I kind of like the Rude drops some knowledge "DAMN IT STEVE!" quotes.

Watch it, or the Ravishing One will come back for the grave to avenge the name of our God. (with a joint, perhaps)

Maybe on Unleashed but not the family friendly show. The Ravishing One will show up with some Sherrie's Berries!

James

Watch it, or the Ravishing One will come back for the grave to avenge the name of our God. (with a joint, perhaps)

Maybe on Unleashed but not the family friendly show. The Ravishing One will show up with some Sherrie's Berries!

James

"DAMN IT STEVE!  You don't rise from your grave and show up empty handed."

• Like 1

Finally started listening to this show. I've downloaded about 10 eps from people whose names appeal to me.

First one I listened to was Cena, and I really enjoyed it. There was perhaps a bit too much mutual ass-kissing for my taste, but maybe Austin felt that was necessary to keep good relations and for Vince to allow him to keep using top names?

Just a little ways into Regal part 1. I am amazed at how mellow Regal is on the mic.

Finally started listening to this show. I've downloaded about 10 eps from people whose names appeal to me.

First one I listened to was Cena, and I really enjoyed it. There was perhaps a bit too much mutual ass-kissing for my taste, but maybe Austin felt that was necessary to keep good relations and for Vince to allow him to keep using top names?

Just a little ways into Regal part 1. I am amazed at how mellow Regal is on the mic.

Remember when Peter Griffin did one of his flashbacks and he was a dj for a public radio station who talked too close to the mic? That's what Regal sounds like.

• Like 1

I understand what you are saying about Cena and Austin kissing each other's asses, but I thought about it and realized that no one else understands what the other is going through more than those two guys.  How many times have Cena and Austin really sat down with someone who has basically been the undisputed #1 guy in the world.  Austin has said that he would love to have Hogan on the podcast, and while he has had Flair, I think we can all agree that Flair is a different breed.  Austin and Cena have a unique perspective on the pressures the other has to face and I don't think either of them are the type that are going to air their shit out in a public forum. 

Well-said on the mutual respect, guys. I can see totally what you're saying.

Cena here confirms what I suspected about him as a person: he works really hard, and he loves what he does. It's probably the biggest reason I am a fan, even when his promos can sometimes be dorky. He just seems to be enjoying himself so much, and that feeling comes through to me.

Their discussion about the crowds loving and hating him, as well as the difficulty of a modern fanbase often simply trying to put themselves over at the expense of the show, was also interesting. I appreciating that they spent some time on that topic. Between this interview and the Cena episode of the Wrestlemania series on the network, the WWE has decided to publically acknowledge the diverse reactions Cena gets. I respect that, as opposed to them pretending that he's only super-over.