DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2014 & Beyond)

RIPPA

I'm fairly sure the reason Nintendo haven't been throwing Majora's Mask fans any bones over the years was because they're painfully aware of what's wrong with it, but hey at least a portablised port means we get some always-welcome usability tweaks.

Every time I try to play that game I just start new and have no idea what to do first.  Never gave enough of a shit to even get to the first dungeon.

Same here though...even though I'm excited for it.

In a lot of ways, it's the game that everyone points out in comparisons between Demon's Souls and Zelda.

So I guess it was just announced that Witcher 3 will have 16 DLCs... but all of them will be for free across every single platform

I really need to get around to playing Witcher 2

So I guess it was just announced that Witcher 3 will have 16 DLCs... but all of them will be for free across every single platform

There are only five chances for Geralt to get laid in Witcher 2.  Totally unacceptable. 

Geralt had women galore in every chapter of the first game including a nymph, a dryad, and a vampire.

That 16 DLC for Witcher 3 had better represent 16 medieval booty calls.

• Like 3

There are only five chances for Geralt to get laid in Witcher 2.  Totally unacceptable.

That 16 DLC had better represent 16 medieval booty calls.

"Pre-order now to get the Buxom Barmaid Encounter! Only at Gamestop!"

• Like 2

So two full Assassin's Creed games come out the same day next week.  I am not silly enough to get them both, but I haven't read a lot about Rogue.  It sounds like Rogue has gameplay more similar to IV while Unity is more similar to II/III.  I have to note I find it really stupid they are releasing two games at the same time, you'd think that would hurt their overall sales than if they did one in the fall and one in the spring.  Plus Rogue is being overshadowed since it is last Gen but honestly I loved IV and will probably like Rogue better.

They're Facebook page has barely mentioned Rogue at all. It's been all Unity, all the time, for months.

I'll get both games but not right away. Wait for the inevitable Ubisoft price cutting.

And, yeah, don't understand releasing both at the same time.

They're Facebook page has barely mentioned Rogue at all. It's been all Unity, all the time, for months.

I'll get both games but not right away. Wait for the inevitable Ubisoft price cutting.

And, yeah, don't understand releasing both at the same time.

Someone who had gotten Rogue early said that it's essentially AC Black Flag 2. So if you loved Black Flag, you'll love Rogue.

I'm also going to wait on AC Unity, AC Rogue & Far Cry 4 until Black Friday. Bad idea to release all three within two weeks of each other.

Someone who had gotten Rogue early said that it's essentially AC Black Flag 2. So if you loved Black Flag, you'll love Rogue.

Sold.
+1

Another 50 hours of the second best AC game? Sign me up.

Huh, interesting that they didn't just use Haytham for AC3 for this story. I didn't even know that game was a thing until people started mentioning it in this thread last week. Looks more like AC3 than Black Flag.

Looks like a prequel to 3, showing the fall of the New World Assassin's after Haytham came over and before Connor came of age. Still sold just for playing a whole game from the Templar side.

Ubi's review embargoes are getting ridiculous. No Unity reviews until lunchtime on release day? The fuck outta here.

I also saw that the same thing is happening with Lego Batman 3

So it doesn't appear to be just Ubisoft

It gets worse. The other Assassin's Creed (the old-gen version) didn't even get review copies sent out. Reviewers had to go buy it off the shelf and are just starting to play it today.

Not a sign of confidence in their game.

But hey, Master Chief Collection is out!