DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

There has to be something that pissed off Kelly there that he'd just up and cut him altogether.  There has to be something else there since Jackson was on the block and supposedly had some offers before Kelly up and cut him.  It might not be the article, but for a straight cut of a player that can actually get you something on the market, there has to be something massivly bad that just hasn't come out yet.

Some stories have said that there were internal things like Jackson was missing a bunch of meetings during the season and that when the team started to investigate the reason why things were connecting to the supposed gang members.

Plus - the theory was that the Eagles knew the story was coming and once it hit - they knew there was no way they would get anything for Jackson so that is why they cut him

Shocker - immediately after it all went down Howard Eskin was all A COP TOLD ME ONCE THAT HE FOUND JACKSON WITH DRUGS AND GUNS!!!!!

So, what do you folks make of this article?  It says that part of the reason the Eagles are looking to dump DeSean Jackson is because of his gang ties.  Some of the stuff in the article is...troubling (the part about putting up an instagram photo of him and a guy sitting in jail awaiting trial for murdering a 17-year-old with the caption ""Free Trezzy #Real1 #Jaccpot" is bad optics, but the guy was ultimately acquitted so maybe he was right all along), but I can't help but read it and feel like there's nothing really there either, like when they bring up an arrest for tinted windows and marijuana possession that was unreported, who really cares?

Yeah I thought it was funny when the rumors first hit of them looking to trade him and the Patriots were one of the teams listed as interested. My fault I suppose for thinking the gang shit was common knowledge outside of Philly since it is on the Eagles board.

Pretty much all of the players on the Eagles are happy that DeSean is gone.

I am too but I was pissed when they re-signed him. He basically tanked the last year of his rookie deal trying to stay healthy. The low point was against the Bears. On an interception that was being returned he fell to the ground to avoid a blocker. I don't know if that description fully shows how pathetic it was might have to see it with your own eyes. I'll have to see if I can find it. Media completely missed it so it hasn't been posted a lot. CSN Philly was running an interview with Maclin yesterday that was really telling about the players perception of Jackson. He wouldn't out and say yes to Jackson being a part of a winning culture. It was no surprise the team turned into a loser under Reid once they started rewarding guys not trying with new contracts.

We shall see. Six years is a long time, and hopefully the Chargers or jagoffs will be in LA by then.  They certainly could move, but Goodell has said he wants them to stay, and pissing off New York state isn''t the smartest thing to do. Plus if they can turn into winners again(a foundation is sort of in place), it would solve alot of the attendance problems, and reluctance to build a new stadium. IF it's a retractable roof, how funny would a super bowl in Buffalo be? My god the whining from Peter King would be epic. . . lol

Remember when the Skins would play the Eagles and when they would get the crap beat out of them we would hear "At least we don't have a dog murderer or a racist on our team".   

Remember that when the Skins sign Desean Jackson in the next couple days.   Not saying that he isn't extremely important to that team as a player.  

Remember when the Skins would play the Eagles and when they would get the crap beat out of them we would hear "At least we don't have a dog murderer or a racist on our team".   

Remember that when the Skins sign Desean Jackson in the next couple days.   Not saying that he isn't extremely important to that team as a player.  

umm...What has Desean Jackson actually done?  He grew up in Southern California and has friends in gangs, guess what so does everyone else in Southern California.  This is the dumbest thing of all time, that dude was a rapper signed to Desean Jackson's record label, it isn't like they were out pulling drive-bys. 

Gang association vs gang activity.  Jackson is associated with gangs due to where he grew up.  Aaron Hernandez was allegedly killing guys.  Big difference.

It's like if your grandma took a picture with Snoop Dogg.  Is she supposed to start crip walking?  Cripple walking, maybe, due to her advanced age. (joking!) ;)

• Like 3

All I've learned from following the Eagles is that if I get caught on camera dropping some n bombs, I get a vacation and a new contract, but if I have some vague, unclear gang ties with absolutely no proof tied to the claims, I'm out of a job.

• Like 3

I'd be willing to bet that every single team in the NFL and NBA has at least one gang member on it, and I'd be willing to bet most of them have never done any of the things people associate with gang members.  They have to understand that there are some places where being in a gang is like going to the school bus, you kind of just end up going to your designated corner and ride with the people who are there.  There are plenty of them who are criminals, but there are more who are just dudes hanging out with their friends.  That is just how a lot of neighborhoods work.  If teams just cut everyone who may be in a gang, or friends with someone in a gang or took a picture with someone in a gang, they wouldn't have a league.  This is a slippery ass slope that is just an excuse for cutting a dude they didn't want to pay.

I'd be willing to bet that every single team in the NFL and NBA has at least one gang member on it, and I'd be willing to bet most of them have never done any of the things people associate with gang members.  They have to understand that there are some places where being in a gang is like going to the school bus, you kind of just end up going to your designated corner and ride with the people who are there.  There are plenty of them who are criminals, but there are more who are just dudes hanging out with their friends.  That is just how a lot of neighborhoods work.  If teams just cut everyone who may be in a gang, or friends with someone in a gang or took a picture with someone in a gang, they wouldn't have a league.  This is a slippery ass slope that is just an excuse for cutting a dude they didn't want to pay.

I would agree with that statement. I have personal knowledge to add but that sounds logical. Hopefully for Desean's sake he isn't involved in in illegal activities. . .