DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Well it had to be either the Bills or the Dolphins and as I saw Shutdown Corner point out - doing the game on Thanksgiving would give the NFL a showcase to honor William Clay Ford and Ralph Wilson.

At least the Bills will have one nationally televised game. . . 

Well two since all 32 teams plays at least once on Thursday

Thanksgiving is on a Thursday

Yeah - don't ask me why I spaced that the Thanksgiving games are part of the Thursday game package

I blame it on Boxing Day. Yeah! That's My Story!

• Like 1

A couple of reporters have said it's not a sex assault case--rather, the woman involved asked for a report.  Sounds like she got sick from being drunk/high and passed out.  No one even knows how she got to the ER, where she wakes up and has no idea how she got there.  That makes Kaep and the other NFL guys some bummy friends. But apparently, she's saying she didn't have sex with Kaep. 

In any case, I assume a rape kit was taken. So, we'll see.

I don't think he's a bad player and I don't think he's headed for a Vick-level crash in his off-field life, but Kaep seems to have pretty poor judgment for someone you're building a team around. It's cliched and trite, but starting QB is a different animal than any other position on the field, and while I'm sure he's been told this over and over, I'm not sure that it's sinking in.

Yeah, it's the classic example of keeping bad company, even if the other guys are NFL players too.  Not to mention the random hook-ups and what not with these so-called Instagram models who have nothing to lose with dragging his name through the mud.  He's not the first pro athlete to show such behavior, but there are smarter ways to handle it.

At least the Bills will have one nationally televised game. . . 

Well two since all 32 teams plays at least once on Thursday

Word around here is that Bills/Packers will be on MNF, so they will have two.

I think it's ridiculous to tell Kaep he shouldn't have random hookups and etc. We always talk about "slut shamming" on here, well.. it goes both ways. The women Kaep is hooking up with don't have to sleep with him but they choose to as well. These are grown people having a good time. As long as there wasn't any illegal activity, I don't see the issue.

Newsflash: there are some seriously shady women out there that want nothing more than to get their claws into a pro athlete and barring that, bring one down because he didn't buy her some red-bottom shoes or call her after a one-nighter.

Slut-shaming isn't on the agenda here. The random hookups aren't the issue.  It's the specific women he's dealing with.  Ones who have nothing to lose and will use him for their 15 seconds of D-list fame.  All I'm saying is pick better companions.

FWIW, it looks like Kaep and the other guys (Lockette and Patton) called the cops after the woman passed out from being crossfaded.  The cops dispatched the fire department, who took her to the hospital.  I can't imagine they would have called for help if they had roofied and raped her,  So while the case is still active, unless something else comes up, I think Kaep will eventually be cleared.

I think it's ridiculous to tell Kaep he shouldn't have random hookups and etc. We always talk about "slut shamming" on here, well.. it goes both ways. The women Kaep is hooking up with don't have to sleep with him but they choose to as well. These are grown people having a good time. As long as there wasn't any illegal activity, I don't see the issue.

It's not an issue unless you think being mature and of sound judgment are qualities that you want in the team leader and starting QB.  If they are, then it's an issue.  

• Like 1

I don't see any of this affecting his work ethic. By all accounts he works as hard as anyone at improving his game so I don't believe that on-field struggles can be tied to offseason partying. I believe that if he misses a read or overthrows someone it has more to do with natural limitations.

I don't see any of this affecting his work ethic. By all accounts he works as hard as anyone at improving his game so I don't believe that on-field struggles can be tied to offseason partying. I believe that if he misses a read or overthrows someone it has more to do with natural limitations.

Let's put it another way - I seriously doubt you'd see Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees,etc, attached to a story that goes something like "3 NFL dudes were with a drunk/high woman who wound up unconscious at a hospital and then the cops got called". 

As a Colts fan, I'm willing to say:  Peyton is no angel.

And it's pretty obvious that Brady left a pregnant Bridget Monyahan for Gisele.  Not illegal, but scummy.

All of these guys have some dirt under their nails.

Now there are reports that she was conscious when the cops arrived.  She was behaving erratically, so they called the fire department to take her to the hospital. It's likely a case of alcohol poisoning/crossfading.  She mixed booze and weed, and her system went into overload.

You wouldn't but they are also in their mid 30's and settled down..  I think Brees has been married for a long time and I don't know Peyton's deal but yeah that's no surprise. Brady was out there dating Hollywood chicks for a while. I don't really see the difference. Brady liked Hollywood girls and apparently Kaepernick likes Twitter/Instagram models.

This is a dumb conversation. He had some friends over and a girl got too intoxicated and ended up in the hospital. It's not really a big deal. Those types of things happen all the time with 20-somethings. There was no crime here.

As a former 20-something I take exception to the notion that people partying and one of the people having to go to the hospital and that person files a police complaint happens 'all the time'.  I've never done that.   :P  Seriously though, famous people have to be more careful, its the cost of being famous and making lots of money.  Seems very likely no crime was committed but he just needs to remember that he is rich and famous now and act accordingly.

• Like 2