DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

To be fair, I don't think anyone gets jail time for that so it wouldn't be because he was famous.  If he was drunk and yelled it, they would give anyone in that case a fine and some classes to take or something.  I don't recall anyone getting a jail sentence just for that.  It is stupid though.

What is Kuetsar's obsession with guys going to the CFL?

He's a good football player. Some team will sign him up, and coach him to not talk about having a bomb while in the airport.

Personally, I hope he goes with the Chris Tucker Rush Hour defense: "No, I said SHE'S the Bomb".

Talent only gets you so far. With all of his problems this past season,  add unstable dumbass to it and the list of suitors grows thin very fast. Factor in one more incident on his next team, and he might be out of the league, hence going to canada for another chance. . . 

You don't know how football works.  If you can play, someone will sign you 100% of the time.  Leonard Little killed someone driving drunk, then got caught driving drunk again, and they gave him a courage award the next season.  If you think that Aldon Smith's going to have to go to Canada for something without a body count, you haven't been paying attention.

He's a good football player. Some team will sign him up, and coach him to not talk about having a bomb while in the airport.

Personally, I hope he goes with the Chris Tucker Rush Hour defense: "No, I said SHE'S the Bomb".

Talent only gets you so far. With all of his problems this past season,  add unstable dumbass to it and the list of suitors grows thin very fast. Factor in one more incident on his next team, and he might be out of the league, hence going to canada for another chance. . . 

You don't know how football works.  If you can play, someone will sign you 100% of the time.  Leonard Little killed someone driving drunk, then got caught driving drunk again, and they gave him a courage award the next season.  If you think that Aldon Smith's going to have to go to Canada for something without a body count, you haven't been paying attention.

Don't forget that he has the weapons charges still pending; plus I'm counting on him fucking up at least one more big thing during whatever team gets him next(or still with San Fran) before he becomes toxic to have to go to Canada levels, or he get hurt.

If he's actually convicted on this, I'm not entirely certain, but it's possible he wouldn't even be allowed across the border.

Also - there would be a very high probability that he would be put on a No-Fly list

Meanwhile - the Giants are working out Josh Freeman and Matt Flynn.

I don't mind Freeman as a backup.

Flynn fucking terrifies me

I hadn't even thought about the no-fly list.

I do know that Canadian law doesn't take kindly to, say, DUI, and you can (and will) be refused entry if you have a conviction on one in the US within 10 years. I can't imagine a bomb threat is taken less seriously than DUI these days.

What I'm saying is the place for redemption is Jacksonville or Cleveland or one of the other half dozen awful NFL teams.

I never got the "he'll go to Canada!" talking point. How many ex-NFLers, other than shitty shitty backup QBs, do you hear moving up to the CFL? It's such a different game that most guys wouldn't fit in anyway. I love the NFL way more than the CFL, but they are doing a good job finding players as it is, why take a chance on a guy facing possible felony charges?

I will totally change my mind if the Bombers add him to their negotiation list, but that's because they need all the help they can get.

• Like 1

I never got the "he'll go to Canada!" talking point. How many ex-NFLers, other than shitty shitty backup QBs, do you hear moving up to the CFL? It's such a different game that most guys wouldn't fit in anyway. I love the NFL way more than the CFL, but they are doing a good job finding players as it is, why take a chance on a guy facing possible felony charges?

I will totally change my mind if the Bombers add him to their negotiation list, but that's because they need all the help they can get.

Okay, should I start making Arena league jokes then?

Also - there would be a very high probability that he would be put on a No-Fly list

Meanwhile - the Giants are working out Josh Freeman and Matt Flynn.

I don't mind Freeman as a backup.

Flynn fucking terrifies me

Put him in a system/franchise like the Giants with an established QB might be a road to redemption actually, not a bad chance to take, for Freeman I mean. Flynn can't stick to any team not named the Packers. 

Okay, should I start making Arena league jokes then?

Yes, make fun of the novelty football all you want. :)

I would imagine that the NFL would favor any buyer that would keep them in Buffalo, could be wrong. Donald vs Jerry vs Dan in the headlines would be amusing. . .

If JBJ or Trump buy the team, I may have to commit hari kari in the Ralph Wilson Stadium parking lot.

No way Trump keeps the team in Buffalo long and there's also no way he doesn't run them further into the ground.

• Like 1

I would imagine that the NFL would favor any buyer that would keep them in Buffalo, could be wrong. Donald vs Jerry vs Dan in the headlines would be amusing. . .

If JBJ or Trump buy the team, I may have to commit hari kari in the Ralph Wilson Stadium parking lot.

No way Trump keeps the team in Buffalo long and there's also no way he doesn't run them further into the ground.

But he said he want to keep the team there

Um...

If you were a Bills fan, would you want Donald Trump to buy your team?

55%
    Yes

45%
    No

Discuss (Total votes: 28,084)

That's technically a global poll, but NY state is even higher, so you're right. I assume he would find a way to bankrupt the team even though that shouldn't even be possible. He'll find a way. It's in his nature.

That's reason 2 I don't want him anywhere near the Bills. Even if he kept them here (he would be out first chance he got, despite what he claims), they would be an even bigger cluster fuck than they are now.

IMO, the Shield would be stupid to allow for Trump.  He's far too polarizing with none of the down-home carniness of Jerrah or old-school venom of Al Davis.  Not to mention that he'll embarrass the league in ways they couldn't even imagine, such as being the first person to lose money while owning a NFL team.

The idea of Goodell pulverizing Trump into dust has its appeal.  Not enough to outweigh not having him in the league, though.

Giants are going to sign Josh Freeman

If Freeman can't beat out Curtis Painter and Ryan Nassib for the backup job he probably should reconsider football as a career

I don't know that I've ever heard of Ryan Nassib.

That said, I'm pretty sure he's better than Josh Freeman.  Or not. 

Definitely better than Matt Sanchez though.

Nassib is out of Syracuse - this will be his sophomore season.

He is better than Mark Sanchez too. I am unfamiliar with this Matt Sanchez but he clearly is better than Mark too