DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

The more I think about it, the more I love that the NFL looked at the schedule, saw their options for the Lions' Thanksgiving Day game were Bills or Dolphins and said "what BS rule can we come up with to get out of that?".

The more I think about it, the more I love that the NFL looked at the schedule, saw their options for the Lions' Thanksgiving Day game were Bills or Dolphins and said "what BS rule can we come up with to get out of that?".

And I'm going to guess it wasn't a hard sell to CBS when they were like so Bills or Dolphins for Thanksgiving Day?

I am getting tired of the Bills playing the Pats the last game of the season. I swear it seems like every year. If CBS doesn't want bad teams on thanksgiving, they ought to give the Lions the boot too. . . 

I am getting tired of the Bills playing the Pats the last game of the season. I swear it seems like every year. If CBS doesn't want bad teams on thanksgiving, they ought to give the Lions the boot too. . . 

It's weird because the NFL seems to do the NFC East Week 17 games on a rotation so I always thought that was the standard for all the divisions

It's weird because the NFL seems to do the NFC East Week 17 games on a rotation so I always thought that was the standard for all the divisions

Yeah.  I thought inter-divisional games in week 17 was SOP in the NFL for quite some time.  If he's just complaining about seemingly always playing the Pats, OK.  But...yeah.  I seem to recall the Pats playing the Dolphins quite a few times in Week 17.

And seriously, a Bills fan is going to bitch about the Lions being bad?  Wow.  I mean, I'm a Raiders fan and I know well enough to keep my yap shut about calling another team bad.  Wow.  Really?

Look at the above responses. It was about CBS being "unhappy" about have the Dolphins or Bills to choose from. Thus, if they were unhappy about having those teams to chose from, why not get rid of the Lions as well. . . Any way I looked at the schedule and it was only last year they played the Pats at week 17. It felt like more than that. . . 

Look at the above responses. It was about CBS being "unhappy" about have the Dolphins or Bills to choose from. Thus, if they were unhappy about having those teams to chose from, why not get rid of the Lions as well. . . Any way I looked at the schedule and it was only last year they played the Pats at week 17. It felt like more than that. . .

But CBS only had them to choose because the NFL that had a rule or set up that AFC teams playing at NFC teams was shown on CBS and opposite for Fox. It would seam that has been removed so.

Earl Morrall has passed away.

I am actually stunned he was only 79

In addition to the Dolphins perfect season and the NFL title in Baltimore, he was also an unsung hero in the rise of The U. Schnellenberger used to bring him in as a personal tutor for Jim Kelly and Bernie Kosar during summer practices.

• Like 1

Look at the above responses. It was about CBS being "unhappy" about have the Dolphins or Bills to choose from. Thus, if they were unhappy about having those teams to chose from, why not get rid of the Lions as well. . .

Because: A) The Lions have a shot at being good this year; B) The Lions have some big names (Megatron, Suh, Stafford); C) The Lions are a Thanksgiving tradition and a ratings draw;

How can you call them a ratings draw when there isn't anything else going on except for eating and waiting to eat even more? I always find that distinction on Thanksgiving strange.

Any football game is a draw. CHi-DEt won't draw any more than Det-Mia, or Det-Buf would have. As a Bills fan am I mad they won't be playing? Of course, but they have been mediocre-at-best for 15 years. Its not like I expected any different. You just would like more national tv games is all.

Thanksgiving football in Detroit and Dallas is one of the traditions Goodell hasn't fucked up yet. Those two cities should host the Thanksgiving afternoon games from here until the end of time (or until Detroit runs out of money and they get relocated, whichever comes first).

How can you call them a ratings draw when there isn't anything else going on except for eating and waiting to eat even more? I always find that distinction on Thanksgiving strange.

Quiet.  I'll have none of your poking-holes-in-my-infallible-logic today, you Chicago person, you.