DVDVR Message Board

Legitimately All Time Great Actors

Fat Spanish Waiter

Damn burpers, the lot of you.  Took too long to name Hackman and just skimmed right over Bette Davis (who did more acting with her facial expressions in All About Eve than 90% of actors will do in their entire careers).  And while he's not my personal favorite, DiCaprio has put together a nice resume, picks good projects for the most part, and isn't mailing it in yet though he easily could.  But I don't see him named (forgive me if I missed him).

Should be somewhere wearing diapers, you damn babies.

• Like 1

For shame. FSW wanted you to list the most famous actors you can think of, and instead you just listed every actor you can think of. We got one crap thread when another was intended.

Song Kang-ho. Tilda Swinton. Tatsuya Nakadai. Alec Guiness.

I didn't see this thread till today and was just surprised at the lack of Dustin Hoffman till the sixth page and only one mention.  The Graduate, Kramer vs Kramer, Midnight Cowboy, effing Rain Man.  Even his bad movies I've liked except for the Fockers garbage. 

Paul Newman gets the nod from me as all time greatest. I'm not sure why it took me so long to watch it, but I watched the Hustler about a week or so ago and he's so good in it. Then you have obvious classics like The Sting, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Slap Shot, Color of Money, Cool Hand Luke, etc. He's so awesome.

And I give you one of my favorite lines he's ever delivered:

You better get re-married again, or he's gonna have someone's cock in his mouth before you can say Jack Robinson.
  • Like 1