DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

When Jericho has talked at length about working with Fandango, his issue was that Fandango was a brand new talent with a moveset the audience wasn't familiar with. Since so much of the WWE main event style is made up of reversals and tweeks to a wrestlers existing moveset, wrestling a new talent limits the type of match you could have. It also didn't seem like Jericho was blown away by Fandango as a wrestler. I'm sure the fact that Fandango had the stench of a developmental lifer didn't help matters.

I think its the fact that they havent done anything with Fandango since he put him over. He may feel in hindsight jobbinng to him at MW was pointless. That would be like Austin putting over Brock in '02 then deciding not to push him.

ha! Buddy Peacock and Lloyd Boñer. So bad. Is it possible names this bad get tossed out as tests to see if someone will actually eat that shit or say "hell no" and come up with something better?

Fairly certain he said that he came up with the list of 10 names, or at least he and some friends did, rather than being given a list and going "choose one".

ha! Buddy Peacock and Lloyd Boñer. So bad. Is it possible names this bad get tossed out as tests to see if someone will actually eat that shit or say "hell no" and come up with something better?

Fairly certain he said that he came up with the list of 10 names, or at least he and some friends did, rather than being given a list and going "choose one".

It was.

great interview with Bryan. he seems to really be in a bubble when it comes to fame, the perils of being a big star. Not that he comes across nearly as oblivious as Punk did, but it's interesting hearing how guys like Punk and Bryan and even Jericho handle their level of notoriety and guys like Cena, or other megastars handle theirs.

You kind of wonder if a guy like Bryan really wants that tippy-top spot, or if he's a guy in three years decides that he's done all he set out to do and goes and retires on a mountain. I don't see Bryan moving to a gated community in Florida with a bunch of other athletes as his next door neighbor for security purposes, or him really digging being unable to enjoy a meal without someone asking to take a photo or screaming "yes" in his face. Not that he's a rude guy at all, but it'll be interesting seeing how he handles being in a spot that he never thought he'd be in.

I mean, I can't recall someone being so candid thinking that he'd be happy just having a spot in the card and becoming a top guy. Guys that over-achieved like Eddy, Shawn, Bret, Edge, Jericho etc all had a lot more outward confidence that they deserved to be where they ended up.

I get the feeling with Bryan that he cares more about the short-term than any kind of wide-angle lens of a legacy. He comes off like he's just concerned about this match, or this workout or this appearance or this week. That doesn't mean he doesn't care about his career, but he only seems to worry about what's directly in front of him but no more. Some people are just wired that way.

As opposed to Cena, for whom every move he makes is meticulous and with the intent of bringing him closer to the WWE Mount Rushmore.

I could be completely wrong about that, but that's the vibe he sends off.

i liked the story when Bryan was fired because of the tie choking incident where he basically told Vince that he shouldn't be worried because I would have made more money working indies than the WWE.    That takes a lot of balls to say that to Vince I would think

i liked the story when Bryan was fired because of the tie choking incident where he basically told Vince that he shouldn't be worried because I would have made more money working indies than the WWE. That takes a lot of balls to say that to Vince I would think

I would bet that's a big reason why they brought him back so fast.

i liked the story when Bryan was fired because of the tie choking incident where he basically told Vince that he shouldn't be worried because I would have made more money working indies than the WWE. That takes a lot of balls to say that to Vince I would think

I would bet that's a big reason why they brought him back so fast.

Well based on the interview,  the other big reason is that even vince realized that firing Bryan was bullshit but it fell under the "we are a PG company"

Jericho has such a good podcast, I think I prefer it even to Austin's. He always seem so enthusiastic and knowledgeable about his guests and gets on the wavelength of them all, it makes for a really enjoyable listen. I like the structure and coherence of the interviews as well, he gets great stories out of people without ever letting it drift too far off topic.

• Like 2

I enjoy Jericho a great deal as well. I'd say among the personality podcasts out there for wrestling he and Austin are neck and neck as well as being heads and shoulders above all the rest. I enjoy Cornnette, but his anti-modern wrestling stance is annoying. Ross I gave up on after a few eps because he's just a shill and his interviews are boring. Konnan's show is decent, but Laurent always drags it down. Haven't listened to Piper's and have no desire to, not sure if there are any others out there.

• Like 1