DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

Not entirely sure why anyone would say Foley or Dreamer would necessarily have more head trauma than Benoit. There's definitely evidence that sub concussive head trauma adds up, and he dropped that diving headbutt a couple hundred times a year. For all the stupid shit he did, Dreamer worked once or twice a week at most for the vast majority of his career, and while Foley took a lot of head trauma, I don't know that he took more than Benoit either.

I also think a lot more than concussions or steroids were going on.

I would bet good money Foley's brain is in way worse shape than Benoit's. Obviously we're not going to know till he dies, which hopefully won't be for years and years. Reading his book/Interviews he's given makes the situation sound pretty bad. Guy doesn't even have anything to do with his household finances and let's Colette handle it because he just knows he'll make a mistake.

Wasn't Dreamer supposedly known for downplaying the concussion issue backstage and bragging about how he'd gotten 30 concussions and was absolutely fine?

• 3 weeks later...

RVD said on Jericho's podcast that the biggest difference between his last run in WWE, and his original run was how much better the workrate is now.  I couldn't agree more, which got me thinking, who is the worse guy working Raw every week these days?  I want to stick with the guys, because Aksana is about as bad as workers get these days.  I think if I had to pick one guy I'd probably pick Erick Rowan, and he doesn't strike me as terrible, just really green.  This has to be the best roster from top to bottom in the history of the company, and with the NXT guys I think it could get better before it gets worse.

Erick Rowan has come a long way since coming up. I'm not really all that impressed with Darren Young, actually. Road Dogg has also been somewhat exposed by Billy Gunn since Billy is the better worker of the group.

I think RVD's point was in his first run there were guys who literally had no idea what they were doing in the ring.

I get that you may not like Rhodes, Ziggler, Miz, whatever, but none of them should be in that discussion.

I think RVD's point was in his first run there were guys who literally had no idea what they were doing in the ring.

I want to make the joke "Again I say Batista," but it's a bit unfair to Big Dave.

It's not that he doesn't KNOW what he's doing. He knows perfectly well what he's doing: Sucking wind and trying to save up enough energy for the finish.

Jericho's really getting good at interviews. I finished listening to the Nattie Neidhart one, and am listening to Scott Ian now. I wouldn't say he's as good at it yet as Austin is, but he's getting close.

• Like 1

Did anyone else catch RVDs side remark about Punk in the Jericho interview? RVD was burnt out by the WWE sched but still finished out his deal and left... unlike some other people.

It gives some perspective  about how some of the B+ main eventers view the Punk situation.

• Like 1

Did anyone else catch RVDs side remark about Punk in the Jericho interview? RVD was burnt out by the WWE sched but still finished out his deal and left... unlike some other people.

It gives some perspective  about how some of the B+ main eventers view the Punk situation.

To Punk's credit, he fulfilled all of his dates. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...