DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

I think Cabannas is still really good but may suffer since he is adimant that he won't take requests and only interviews guys who he is on shows with but is also friendly with.

That being said, i'm sure some of the shows he is on might not have the most interesting indy guy on them, so he might be a little more limited. I think he also only does face to face interviews as well.

All 3 of the top best wrestling podcast done by workers (Austin, Jericho and Colt) seem to also protect the buisness a bit. Austin being probably the losest with kayfabe. Colt sometimes protects tot much in what comes across as a concious effort to avoid a SHOOT!

All 3 of the top best wrestling podcast done by workers (Austin, Jericho and Colt) seem to also protect the buisness a bit. Austin being probably the losest with kayfabe. Colt sometimes protects tot much in what comes across as a concious effort to avoid a SHOOT!

I much prefer the approach of all three to the train wreck that can happen during wrestler interviews. Before I gave up on Shining Wizards I recall an interview they did with Austin Aries where they were trying to get shoot answers out of him but he kept responding in kayfabe and they had no idea how to react to what he was doing.

• Like 1

Cabana just did pod 200 last week. It was a clip with many of the people you would have expected (except Punk)

Claudio

danielson

hero

johnny saint

reckless

bison smith

Deuce

regal

I didn't think there was a hero clip, he was ep 199.  Dan Sevren and Gallows were also in the clips.  Also, Deuce was actually Domino, but not the Nigeria story.

Jericho has such a good podcast, I think I prefer it even to Austin's. He always seem so enthusiastic and knowledgeable about his guests and gets on the wavelength of them all, it makes for a really enjoyable listen. I like the structure and coherence of the interviews as well, he gets great stories out of people without ever letting it drift too far off topic.

I really like Jericho's interviews, but sometimes in the before and after segments he can be a bit annoying.  Which is weird because it's the stuff I like about his personality as a wrestling character that can get annoying quick when he's just talking by himself.  For fuck's sake man, stop yelling TWI-TAH! every time you're referencing Twitter. 

But fish expert Ash Irvine is fucking awesome.

• Like 2

Actually seems like a pretty good business idea. Do your hour infomercial with a host maybe have to or 3 complete matches along with video packages. Showcasing your Name Talent, your homegrown stars, your style, what makes you different what channel you are on or where people can find you. Air it at 2 in the morning.

Impact is TNA's infomercial though.

They already get a million people to tune in every Thursday no matter what.  What they should be concerned with is converting a portion of that audience into paying for something be it a PPV, live event, merchandise, etc.  If the show were actually any good then more people would watch due to word of mouth.

They could try to advertise Impact on Raw but USA might not even allow them to buy ads and most of that audience is probably just content with getting their wrestling fix on Monday night.  I always thought they should try to sell Spike on a counter-programming "Monday Night Fights" block featuring some kind of TNA highlight show, Bellator highlight show, and maybe an action movie.

A dedicated infomercial to sell Impact just seems like a complete waste of time and money.  If someone watches an infomercial for a Foreman Grill and they're interested in it then they can buy it right then and there no matter the time of day.  If somebody watches an infomercial about Impact at 2 AM on a Saturday the odds aren't very good that they will even remember it by the time Thursday rolls around.

I really enjoyed the Styles discussion. Yes, Styles came off a little disgruntled about a lot of things within TNA, but he also was not exactly wrong about any of it.

He definitely has a great mind for the business.

Nothing like being the face of the company for almost ten years, only to have some famous old timer come in, take over the company, and call you a young up and comer...

I do not disagree with this at all. I have been a huge AJ mark for years. I sadly have not watched a lot of what he's done in recent years due to TNA being unwatchable.

I was tickled to death when I met him at a local indie show that I helped work at in 2005. 

I think my point was that "I could see some people seeing this as being someone who is disgruntled," but if you follow TNA even as loosely as I do, you can tell that he's not wrong.

I have for years dreamed of being the guy to handle creative for TNA. I don't think I could do worse than anyone they've had in years.

Nothing like being the face of the company for almost ten years, only to have some famous old timer come in, take over the company, and call you a young up and comer...

I have for years dreamed of being the guy to handle creative for TNA. I don't think I could do worse than anyone they've had in years.

Frankly I think we should give this a pass. The guy's suffering enough of his dream is to handle creative for TNA. Let's just let it go. 

Yeah AJ is allowed to be ticked off. He was there for 12 years and did his job without any hassle. And for all his loyalty he gets dicked in contract negotiations I think he's allowed to vent his frustrations. Everything he said has truth to it.