DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

I really want an hour with Triple H where instead of talking about his past, you just get a list of names of guys who are being groomed for the future of the business (Wyatt, Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Cesaro, Ziggler, Zayn, Steen, KENTA, Devitt, Neville, Bryan, Willie Mack, etc.) and ask "What do you see in this guy? Why is he here? What do you expect from him? What are his weakness or challenges? Etc." Since HHH is gonna be the new gatekeeper and decision-maker, I'd like to know where his headspace is on each guy.

• Like 3

Marc Mero has to the world's biggest douche, HHH brought him up as a guy who he didn't like working with. 

That was great.  "We got Marc Mero!!!......shit now we have to work with Marc Mero".

Mero gets a bad rap, from 1994 - 1998 he was a pretty damn good worker. 

I don't necessarily think he'd be cool with revealing that stuff to the guys he's talking about, never mind us.

Oh, I don't know about that. Triple H has always been pretty poltical in his wording whenever he's been in a "shoot" environment. And more importantly, I think he likes all the guys I mentioned. I'm not asking him to bury anyone, but something like "Kevin Steen's gonna be a great talent and I think people are really gonna connect with his promos and he'll bring a sense of choas out show is missing right now. He does need to work on his body a bit, but I've told Kevin that and he has been improving there already...."

He was. Did he just go straight into wrestling, or did he have a cup of coffee with any indies? Was it like a Shamrock deal, where he had done it before and just eventually transitioned/found his way into a full-time job?

He worked indies in Florida and Alabama before WCW, but this was only for a matter of months. It's worth noting it took him a few years to get the wrestling, but he was always high on personality and had a good look which got him by. 

• Like 1

Finally listened to the Batista eps. It was funny when he was talking about how the new guys will never get the respect that he has, and then immediately complaining about Bryan and Punk chants shutting down his time in the ring.

I guess as someone who considers Evolution's peak through about 2010 or so to be the single worst period of wrestling in my lifetime, I just really can't get behind the idea of Batista as a legitimate guy I should hold in any kind of esteem.

But there was some really great stuff in the interview, especially the Vince talk.

He wasn't really complaining about Punk and Bryan, he was complaining about people chanting stuff that had nothing to do with what was happening in the ring at the time. He only mentioned the Punk chants by saying that they had nothing to do with what was going on and that Punk had left. Jericho brought up the Yes chants. It was more of him being puzzled by crowds chanting stuff to get themselves over than a bash on the wrestlers.

I think he also was mentioning how crowds would just start chants for the announcers during certain segments.  There was a bunch of crowds like that, but then again, if you are booking show bad that people are starting Michael Cole chants...

I think he also was mentioning how crowds would just start chants for the announcers during certain segments.  There was a bunch of crowds like that, but then again, if you are booking show bad that people are starting Michael Cole chants...

If what's being presented is good enough, people won't do that, generally. 

• Like 1

Listening to the first part of the Trips interview, I was howling for the bit with Mike Graham. "If (Solie) starts to topple over, give him a clothesline and get some heat!" I literally threw my head back and laughed for a good 20 seconds.

What other Jericho eps should I start grabbing? Batista, Heyman...?

Yeah, Mero was a really good worker near the end of his WCW run and the first part of his WWF run. I get that he was overpaid and a prima donna but all in all a pretty good worker once he dropped the cartoony aspects of the Johnny B. Badd stuff. 

Listening to the first part of the Trips interview, I was howling for the bit with Mike Graham. "If (Solie) starts to topple over, give him a clothesline and get some heat!" I literally threw my head back and laughed for a good 20 seconds.

What other Jericho eps should I start grabbing? Batista, Heyman...?

I think I could say without hyperbole that the Edge/Heyman two parter is one of the best wrestling podcasts of any kind I've ever heard.  Edge being the third man adds another dimension to it.  And all three of them just don't hold back. 

The Christian one is great too once you get used to how soft spoken he is.  But stay the fuck away from the follow up one.  It's bad Jericho "comedy."

I was also a big fan of the Drew McIntyre and Cesaro ones. 

• Like 1

Listened to the Total Divas thing and Brie does a weird thing where she says "woman" instead of "women."  I only noticed it because she went back to talking about how she wants to be a role model for all the "woman" watching a few times.

Add Nattie to the list of impressions Jericho can do.

I know he's an utter mark for himself (aren't they all), but having trips on the management team coming from a wrestling perspective and not a business perspective will hopefully ensure the safety of the wwe brand going forward. He seems to have not lost any of the passion from the interview.

I really loved the conversation about the monday night wars and the heat between HHH and jericho. Really frank and open conversation.

how so?

It was open in that they actually had the conversation on a podcast.

It was frank from HHH's side as he explained his thought process behind his animosity to Jericho coming in on night one and having a promo with the rock and on Jericho's side that he explained it was Vince's idea and Jericho felt alone in coming in and going straight to a promo with rock.