DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL: WEEK 16

Dolfan in NYC

I wonder who the winner will be

Yeah I know, it just amusing that the Bills have a chance(minor though it may be) to go finish 4-2  against the afc east. To all the Lions fans, I hope you get a new coach, this stopped being funny a couple of weeks ago. . .

I wonder who the winner will be

Yeah I know, it just amusing that the Bills have a chance(minor though it may be) to go finish 4-2  against the afc east. To all the Lions fans, I hope you get a new coach, this stopped being funny a couple of weeks ago. . .

He's actually an enemy agent sent in to destroy them. it's the only explanation. Anyway, back to hating:

BcJKZ6fCUAA0QRw.jpg

Forget the Bears loss. I just lost a PPR fantasy football final with Desean, Alshon and Forte and only a 30 point hole.  By 1.6.  Two of Desean's screens were behind the line of scrimmage and not considered passes.  Horrible.

LOL at that game, though.  Great performance by the Philly secondary (like it mattered).  I'm not at all surprised about this one.  The defense hasn't been able to stay in their lanes all season so you just knew Philly's offense was going to rip them apart.  Bostic is a bust, Briggs looked rusty and I mean we all knew what McCoy was going to do.  We did the same thing against St. Louis.  Down by 20 before you can blink.

You just know that fucker is going to play next week.  

The entire NFC North are a bunch of bedwetters. Only a healthy Aaron Rodgers keeps them from being thumbsuckers, too. They could be endorsing Pampers Pull-Ups, but that would suggest they're toddlers and we all know that ain't true.

When Indy play Denver who do you cheer for?

Lebron.

Homefield is still a possibility if the Broncos lose to the Raiders next week, coupled with a Patriots victory...  I can't really see the Raiders doing that, but funnier things have happened at sea.

According to the blurb, Brady now has 2 more division titles than any QB in history!  All we need to do now is get a new magic sponge as players are going down like flies.

Completely serious. This season might be a new low for me as a Lions fan. This was worse than 0-16.

Worse than 45-0 in the nfc champ game?

Or the playoff loss to GB?

No shame in getting killed by the Redskins in that game. They were one of the greatest teams of all-time. They rolled in the Super Bowl too.

Forget the Bears loss. I just lost a PPR fantasy football final with Desean, Alshon and Forte and only a 30 point hole. By 1.6. Two of Desean's screens were behind the line of scrimmage and not considered passes. Horrible.

As long as the ball went forward, it's a pass, regardless of where it's caught. If backwards, it's a running play.

Nothing personal Jenn, but my feelings towards Panthers fans went from "Eh they are ok-nothing to be too bothered with" to "there is no more wretched hive of scum and villainy".  Present company withstanding  ;)

Other than Philly fans in restrospect

Merry Christmas

Forget the Bears loss. I just lost a PPR fantasy football final with Desean, Alshon and Forte and only a 30 point hole. By 1.6. Two of Desean's screens were behind the line of scrimmage and not considered passes. Horrible.

As long as the ball went forward, it's a pass, regardless of where it's caught. If backwards, it's a running play.

Yeah, there were two screens that looked parallel to me, but they were ruled backwards passes.  It doesn't matter now though, because I just woke up to a 3 point stat correction against my opponent! Can't wait to hear his reaction.

Completely serious. This season might be a new low for me as a Lions fan. This was worse than 0-16.

Those were both just one bad day (and, honestly, the loss to Philly was WAY worse than the loss to GB, as far as playoff loses go.) This was a six week long nightmare where the Lions twice had the division all but sealed up and gave it away.  TWICE.

Should the Bears switch to a 3-4 during the inevitable defensive overhaul this offseason?  They could even hire Rex to run it after the Jets let him go.

I actually like this idea. The switch to a 3-4 is overdue and Rex is a better coordinator than a head coach. Plus, the team should find themselves with some money to play with this offseason.

The bigger question is what to do with Cutler. I like Jay. I like his personality and his play on the field, at times. It's the other times where can absolutely sink the team that I hate. He was also practically outplayed by a backup. 

Those were both just one bad day (and, honestly, the loss to Philly was WAY worse than the loss to GB, as far as playoff loses go.) This was a six week long nightmare where the Lions twice had the division all but sealed up and gave it away.  TWICE.

Philly loss: road team favorited in a playoff game is asking for trouble.

GB loss: me in grad school with a room full of Packers fans and Barry crapping the bed with negative yards.

You dirty sons of bitches, quit trying to steal Rex away from me!!!!!!

In all seriousness, he's got a team to seven wins with that shitstain of an offense. He deserves a contract extension for that, not the boot. How does one expect a coach to win with a rookie quarterback and THAT roster of wide receivers?