DVDVR Message Board

The Slammys (Raw 12/09/13)

Dolfan in NYC

The 8-man tag was pretty good, while the Punk-Ambrose match was easily the best thing on it in-ring. The Cena promo at the end was fantastic, even if the brawl did make things a bit too muddled - with every main event guy possibly being involved in about three storylines after this thing.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/12/raw-12-9-13-slammys.html

Screens -

3bf579294054823.jpg

c14201294043505.jpg

23601c294052107.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/9p5ikuex6hsgl7crv4ew286nxlnvsjo1

Okay that bizarre mess of an ending was awesome in a DYNASTY sort of way.  

And Fuck yes, Seattle!!!!   HHH was like Principal Skinner trying to hold a pep rally and the kids were chanting for Bart.

Q: ARE YOU FUCKING LISTENING??????????
A: Probably not.  It's just hometown heat right?  Yeah.

But more important than anything else:

Mark Henry's suit made its return from injury tonight!!!!

• Like 2

That was a great segment.

-Mark's suit.

-Bryan over like.... fucking hell was he over..

-Cena's promo

-Even Randy's promo

-Triple H vs. Punk

-Bryan vs. HBK 

That was fucking beautiful.  Cena standing there with the family at the end....  Looks like Orton believes the "fix is in" but really I guess it means the fix is in for Randy to win it.

• Like 2

What an utterly bizarre final segment. Honestly, Orton and Cena both did a good job in their promos of getting it back on track, but yeah...there was about 50 different things going on in that one. And that last segment of Cena standing all judgy with the main heels in the company was odd. I have a slight hunch that whatever has been planned with the main event scene is out the window and they're figuring out. I kind of think this builds to an Orton face-turn somehow.

Show was hit and miss, but the stuff with The Shield was gold.

So I guess based on cena saying that you will get a rematch when I win the title pretty much guarantees that Orton or nobody is winning the title this Sunday. 

We could spend a good 30 minutes thinking of WM scenarios based on that last 2 minutes.   That is good for business

At what point do they finally get the message about Daniel Bryan? I marked out for the Mark Henry suit, and for Swagger, Ziggler, and Del Rio looking like they'd all just split a fat doob right before that ceremony...

So are the belts just going to be hanging in the air till Sunday? Also during one return from commercial break, the screen graphic proclaimed this was the 2012 Slammy Awards.

Edit: That ending sure was something. Bizzare is the first word that comes to mind but I don't even think that fits it properly.

Awesome final segment.  Whoever booked that, I applaud you.  That just felt so UN-WWE-like...

The thing was a lot of it just felt like the characters being themselves, rather than trying to "set up the next thing."

Punk was himself in that he needed to make himself the center of attention.

HHH was himself in that he needed to put Punk in his place and"take control."

Punk was himself again, in that he couldn't stand being shown up.

HBK was himself in blindly following his buddy who gets him paid and laid.

Orton was himself in being a sneaky fuck.

Stephanie was herself in milking a potential pity situation.

When you have characters that are well-enough defined, you can let things like that unfold and it's great to see.

I was so prepared to come in here and make snappy awesome jokes like I normally do, but that final segment through me for a loop. I'm not sure I would say it was perfect or anything, but it basically had everything I loved about rasslin all wrapped up in to one.

Also I loved Swagger as the petulant child who refuses to dress up and finally compromises with his parents that the leather jacket over a polo with skate shoes is acceptable as formal gear.

• Like 2

It's odd that Randy who's done much worse to Stephanie gets all really shouldn't be blamed for running into her because he was pushed.

I'm hoping it's just a tease because I don't think heel Cena vs. face Orton has much legs.