DVDVR Message Board

The Slammys (Raw 12/09/13)

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, it also can't be overstated how fucking good The Shield is. Another fantastic match in a long series of them.   And Luke Harper... I just want to see him destroy many beautiful things with that Clothesline from Hell II. 

You could absolutely see the Slammys that were rigged (Cena/Rock II, the Bellas, HBK) because the crowd was not having any of it. 

Also, Cena doing his heel entrance ("Fuck You, I'm the Champion") was also a very nice touch.  Damn did he have to work hard to get that crowd back on his side.

And yeah, that segment ended rather interestingly. A lot of ways they could go with this.  I just really hope it's not "All is forgiven, Randy is your new Champion of champions."

--

Also speaking of which, "Champion of Champions" is a really stupid name.  It's by it's nature implying the titles will be split up again down the line. 

That was last segment was something out of Raw or Nitro from 1997. So much shit going on and so many different ways to go. Haven't had that chaotic of an ending in a long time, usually we get big brawls in these situations but nothing like this. The camera work going back and fourth between framing Cena with The Authority and Orton looking uneasy and paranoid was stellar and gives a tiny bit of hope that Cena may turn (even though we know he wont). I loved how organic and natural it all felt when it flowed from guy to guy ending with Orton being Pedigreed and Cena standing with The Authority. This was the best promo Orton's done in years and Cena showed why he's in the position he's been in. Great stuff, I love pro wrestling.

Mark Henry getting robbed for Double-Cross of the year is a bigger Seattle screwjob than that Seahawks/Packers game with the scab refs.

YOU HAD ONE JOB DVDVR BOARD  <_<

I have the WWE app on my phone and I didn't vote either

If only they provided some instructions on how to download the app....

• Like 7

Did I miss Christian coming back or did they just dig him out of the mothballs for this segment?

Well technically he is a champion many times.  None of the reigns meant anything but that is besides the point

I was more surprised that Dolph Ziggler was hiding in the back.  He held the title for one month and never defeated anyone once with the title.

Yeah, it also can't be overstated how fucking good The Shield is. Another fantastic match in a long series of them.  

The end of the Punk/Ambrose match was hilarious.  Ambrose is so perfect for the guy who goes from bragging and sending his support away to losing within seconds.  Out cold before they've even gotten halfway up the ramp.  How great would it have been if the camera had actually just followed them in close-up and just let us hear Punk's music suddenly start playing.

God I love stooge Ambrose.

• Like 2

The subtext of that segment was the really great thing about it:

-CM Punk visibly chuckling to himself when Stephanie called her husband one of the best of all time.

-A flustered Triple H trying to ignore the chants, then sort of dismissing them, then trying to get back on track.

-Bryan clearly trying to figure out how he can react to the crowd in a way where he will not get a ton of heat backstage.

-Cena smartening up and realizing he couldn't keep ignoring them. So he acknowledged the crowd and leeched off of Bryan's heat.

-Mark Henry's bemused reaction to it all.

-Bret looking noticeably bored.

• Like 1

If that crowd did not absolutely cement Bryan vs. Triple H at 'Mania.... I just don't know what the fuck is up anymore.

Also, Cena/Rock as MOTY? Come on.....

Are FSW and others gonna shit on Cena for the Punk-levels of super shooty stuff in that promo? I liked it.

The subtext of that segment was the really great thing about it:

-CM Punk visibly chuckling to himself when Stephanie called her husband one of the best of all time.

-A flustered Triple H trying to ignore the chants, then sort of dismissing them, then trying to get back on track.

-Bryan clearly trying to figure out a way he can react to the crowd in a way where he will not get a ton of heat backstage.

-Cena smartening up and realizing he couldn't keep ignoring them. So he acknowledged the crowd and leeched off of Bryan's heat.

-Mark Henry's bemused reaction to it all.

-Bret looking noticeably bored.

Don't forget when HHH said "Some of you won both of these titles" HBK making point to mouth silently "Like me."

WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio suffered a concussion during a match with Sin Cara on the Dec. 9 edition of Raw, according to WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann.

After speaking with Del Rio following his match, it was determined that he suffered the injury as a result of a top-rope sunset flip powerbomb. Following some initial testing, Dr. Amann diagnosed Del Rio with a concussion and will be re-evaluating him tomorrow, as well as administering an ImPACT test to determine a timetable for the former World Heavyweight Champion's recovery.

When Mark Henry did the throat-cut gesture after holding Bryan's hand up, was he saying to the crowd "There, now be quiet" or "This kid is so fucked now."

I did think it was funny how JBL went from talking and laughing about the chants on commentary to suddenly shutting the fuck up.

If that crowd did not absolutely cement Bryan vs. Triple H at 'Mania.... I just don't know what the fuck is up anymore.

Also, Cena/Rock as MOTY? Come on.....

Are FSW and others gonna shit on Cena for the Punk-levels of super shooty stuff in that promo? I liked it.

If you watched Smackdown, you would know that Punk does the shitting around here.

• Like 2