DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 4/24 - 4/30/2024 - Who's House? Gunn's House!

7 hours ago, Gordi the former AEW fan said:

Oh. Neato. Have not been invoked in ages. How come you invoked me, my tentacled friend? Anything in particular you (or anyone) would like me to weigh in on? I still generally watch SESE (Some Elite Sports Entertainment) but have mostly lost my passion for it (for what it has become). The positive things I have to say (about the actual matches, in particular about the insane runs Bryan, Kingston, Timeless, etc etc are on and how it's great to see Shibata back but I hope he's careful etc etc) all seem obvious enough that I don't feel like they'd add anything to the conversation. My complaints feel kind of obvious and repetitive to me and I have zero desire to piss on the parade of everyone who is enjoyng the sports entertainmentification of my once-beloved big goofy indie professional wrestling promotion. But since I have been invoked, (anyone/everyone) feel free to ask me anything while I am here.

Oh great muscular maple syrup Ronin Gordi! Protector of lands stretching from Kamloops, British Columbia to Nara, Nara. Selfie flexing, macha beer drinking, lover of the great Sport of Kings. YOU HAVE BEEN INVOKED. 

Is there a new modern wrestling company that has fulfilled your needs of professional wrestling?

Any fun AEW matches recently stand out? 

Any fun non-AEW matches recently stand out?

With this invocation, do I get three wishes?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Matt D said:

Are GYV good? Will I like them?

You'll hate them, they were the best heels in Britwres. All of Wembley Arena was sitting there in their socks, holding their footwear over their heads, chanting "Shoes off, if you hate Gibson".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe I haven't been paying that much attention but that seems to be only a British thing.   Luckily I haven't seen any TNA or indie shows where people are doing that. 

If that does start in AEW, they need to somehow tied it with Marina Shafir throwing her socks into the crowd before the match 

56 minutes ago, hammerva said:

You can really tell who is deep in the wrestling tribalism by how pissed off they are that Tony Khan wore a neck brace at the draft last night

I was gonna be pissed if Tony DIDN'T wear a neck brace last night.

• Like 3

And just like that Tony Khan fucked it up.  He does an interview on NFL Network in a neck brace and it is fine although kind of silly.  And then he calls the WWE "the Harvey Weinstein of wrestling".  Oh boy that is going to come back and haunt him 

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

And just like that Tony Khan fucked it up.  He does an interview on NFL Network in a neck brace and it is fine although kind of silly.  And then he calls the WWE "the Harvey Weinstein of wrestling".  Oh boy that is going to come back and haunt him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

And once again Tony proves he doesn't know the difference between "carny" and "actionable". 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Whatever. That kicked ass. NFL network loved it, apparently. Fuck wwe. They harbored a sex trafficker for years. At least one. Triple H can find a spoon and eat my ass. I hope TK says that every day from now til eternity…

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

On 4/25/2024 at 11:10 AM, madl said:

It’s going to be really impressive when Tony goes from being floored by a punch to the gut to beating the stuffing out of Perry en route to pinning him at the next ppv - all in the space of a month or two.  Found out about the closing angle via mainstream media this am - lol, that was a surprise - and now I have so many questions.  I mean, they’re mostly silly questions, but still….

Does this lead to some sort of gimmick match at a ppv?  And does Tony win?  (Answer: he’s a carny.  Of course he wins).

Shad Khan appearing in a wrestling angle was not something I thought I’d see.

There you go. Tony and Shad and... let's say Ospreay, who beats up everyone until Shad pins. Or the Claw or something.

54 minutes ago, Just Dave said:

Whatever. That kicked ass. NFL network loved it, apparently. Fuck wwe. They harbored a sex trafficker for years. At least one. Triple H can find a spoon and eat my ass. I hope TK says that every day from now til eternity…

Take Tony's dick out your mouth, bro. You're starting to sound like Bixenspan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Dave said:

“Triple H can find a spoon and eat my ass” popped me, not gonna lie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

Take Tony's dick out your mouth, bro. You're starting to sound like Bixenspan.

Ok, cool guy. Where’s @Just Adam Bay Bay when someone is actually being homophobic?

I, Dave Bautista, know a little something about burner accounts. Are you Jim Cornette, eric Bischoff, or some other bitter, out of touch goof?

Edited by Just Dave
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Matt once shared a Greg Valentine/Berzerker match with me, and for that I'll always like him.

Amongst all the craziness, let me just take a moment to say Matt is a class act. Very kind person and knowledgeable wrestling fan that has well formed opinions.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I just want to go online and talk about why a match was dope or why an angle was good or how much somebody bled.

I don't care who's right or wrong. I don't crave a binary brand war. I don't think that us-vs-them internet arguments are the most enjoyable part of being a wrestling fan. 

TK would rather stir dumb shit up, HHH would rather lob hate during Mania weekend, every journalist knows talking about Punk or whatever other drama is hot is the more profitable choice. I refer to my prior post - I just want to be able to go online and talk about wrestling without having to dread the process. I don't have the energy or passion to put together a solution that will never come to fruition. The AEW roster should legitimately bully TK as if they were children. Shoot noogies. Shoot swirlies. Shoot wedgies until this stops.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I just want to go online and talk about why a match was dope or why an angle was good or how much somebody bled.

I don't care who's right or wrong. I don't crave a binary brand war. I don't think that us-vs-them internet arguments are the most enjoyable part of being a wrestling fan. 

TK would rather stir dumb shit up, HHH would rather lob hate during Mania weekend, every journalist knows talking about Punk or whatever other drama is hot is the more profitable choice. I refer to my prior post - I just want to be able to go online and talk about wrestling without having to dread the process. I don't have the energy or passion to put together a solution that will never come to fruition. The AEW roster should legitimately bully TK as if they were children. Shoot noogies. Shoot swirlies. Shoot wedgies until this stops.

John, what are your three favorite matches of all time and why do you think they’re done? 👍🍻

1 hour ago, Just Dave said:

Ok, cool guy. Where’s @Just Adam Bay Bay when someone is actually being homophobic?

I, Dave Bautista, know a little something about burner accounts. Are you Jim Cornette, eric Bischoff, or some other bitter, out of touch goof?

You don't want to go down this route.  Drop this now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1