DVDVR Message Board

April 2024 Wrestling Talk

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And Cameron Grimes (Trevor Lee) to the release list

I wonder how much Graves and Barrett knew when they were commentating during Grimes's last SD match.  They both agree he's really great but wasn't given any real opportunities once called up.  Which unfortunately that's what it was for his main roster run.  I would have thought HHH would have found something for him since he seemed to like him but I guess that didn't pan out.  But Grimes will tear it up once back on the scene.

• Like 1

Honestly, 2 of WWE's top guys right now are people that were floundering with no direction, got released, and reinvented themselves on the indies/TNA/AEW and came back and got red hot.  Leaving isn't the worst thing in the world, especially with the amount of promotions around looking for another spark.  It's good for guys to have options again to try a different territory.

• Like 9

Read an article a few minutes ago that said the FTC just banned non-compete agreements in any scenario and voiding nearly all existing non-competes. Going to be a legal battle though, as the US Chamber of Commerce has already said they'll sue to block the ruling.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

How can we miss you if you won't go away? 

Easy. Show up as the Midnight Rider or Stagger Lee or The BT Express or the Bullet or the Tennessee Stud or Charlie Brown from Outta Town or....nevermind, you get the point.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peck said:

Read an article a few minutes ago that said the FTC just banned non-compete agreements in any scenario and voiding nearly all existing non-competes. Going to be a legal battle though, as the US Chamber of Commerce has already said they'll sue to block the ruling.

My wife told me this was coming a while back and we wondered what it meant for wrestlers. I figured it meant nothing because wrestling exists in a pocket universe where laws and rules don't apply. 

Wasn't it Alberto Del Rio who took WWE to court over the no compete clause and won? And that didn't change anything.

• Like 2

This might have been mentioned already but Meltzer said on the radio show yesterday that basically in WWE now their mentality is "you were on the main roster for a year and didn't get over" so they are gonna move on. (Which fits in with HHH talking in the past about how guys if they had been in development X number of years it was just time to move on)

At least timing wise - that fits as a bunch of the releases were NXT folks who were called up last draft

The new regime has shown they’ll bring people back if they get over somewhere else, so being released might not be the death knell it once was during the latter Vince times. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Easy. Show up as the Midnight Rider or Stagger Lee or The BT Express or the Bullet or the Tennessee Stud or Charlie Brown from Outta Town or....nevermind, you get the point.

Jericho bought to come back as

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I thought Bloodsport was work-shoot, not shoot-shoot

Goodnight HULKAMANIACS and jabronie marks without a life that don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot,marks

— Hulk Hogan (@HulkHogan) October 16, 2011

• Haha 3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AP-v5apmyAo&pp=ygUgQnJldCBoYXJ0IGR2ZCB2aWRlbyBvcGVuaW5nIG1lbnU%3D

When it comes to best wrestling video packages, fittingly Bret Hart gets one. It barely gets talked up though so I'm doing my bit to help. This is also one of the best wrestling DVDs and documentaries as well. I never thought we'd get this DVD after what happened at Survivor Series 1997 and to Owen Hart.

10 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Fuck H. Hogan.

Horace was an okay midcard worker, and I don't think being over pushed as an nWo B-Teamer deserves this sort of vitriol.

Spoiler

😉

• Haha 9

What I don't understand about Hulk Hogan is how people can be a fan of his knowing what he's done. It's bad enough he was a selfish bastard pulling the "That doesn't work for me, brother", what he said about the victim his Son left brain damaged in a car crash but worse of all, he's a racist piece of fucking shit. The racism trumps anything he's done in wrestling and childhood nostalgia. Fucker lies as he breathes as well. Fuck Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, SirSmUgly said:

That tweet is the funniest thing Hogan's ever written or said. Classic. 

As far as wrestlers always using inside terms goes, I'm really enamored with the use of the word "gimmick" as a verb, adjective, adverb, noun, whatever, with multiple meanings.  It's like "Smurf."

• Like 3