DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 3/20 - 3/26/2024 - Do You Wanna Ride In My Mercedes Boy?

3 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

This just triggered a memory of Bret talking sense to battling brother-in-laws Davey and Owen. And the Two Time Slammy Award Winner bursting into tears. One of the greatest moments in the history of Wrestling. Not that they'll try and emulate their heroes, but it's got me wondering who could be the one to bring these two old friends back together.

Gangrel 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

This just triggered a memory of Bret talking sense to battling brother-in-laws Davey and Owen. And the Two Time Slammy Award Winner bursting into tears. One of the greatest moments in the history of Wrestling. Not that they'll try and emulate their heroes, but it's got me wondering who could be the one to bring these two old friends back together.

I'm biased, as that's one of my all time favorite WWF segments, but I f'n love this idea.

Playing off of Eddie's Gangrel idea, what about Jeff Hardy being that guy? May be a good use of him with Matt back at WWE (Man, was I wrong about that, or what?) and you have a similar Brood/New Brood history to play off of - plus, if you want to limit Jeff's physicality to keep him healthy and recover from the latest concussion, him being their third is a nice way to get him on TV without doing a full match (or you could achieve similar by limiting his minutes in trios matches with them once cleared).

On the other hand, I don't know that anyone is necessarily clamoring for Jeff to be involved in a TNT title angle at this stage of the game, and without Matt around anymore, there's the obvious question of his reliability and/or commitment level - Nick Wayne might be better in the role depending on how things unfold (and it's certainly a smarter option in terms of a young man getting the rub)

If Gangrel is showing up I want Jeff and Matt to get a bloodbath and a Hardyz/somebody vs. E&C/Gangrel cinematic Crypt of Terror match at the Hardy Compound or Gangrel's Castle. Somebody loses by getting put in a casket that's set on fire, and then explodes.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I should consider myself lucky that at 43, I've still got a full head of hair. 

It's funny, because every time you post, I picture you as Scott Ian (Even though it's not even your avatar anymore) and always picture you bald.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

If Gangrel is showing up I want Jeff and Matt to get a bloodbath and a Hardyz/somebody vs. E&C/Gangrel cinematic Crypt of Terror match at the Hardy Compound or Gangrel's Castle. Somebody loses by getting put in a casket that's set on fire, and then explodes.

My first thought was Lita and then remembered everything else. Maybe Helms? Is Jason Arndt still around? Rhino? 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Just Dave said:

@Niners Fan in CT will be here any second to tell you why it’s ok that that happened because it’s Mercedes…

It's pretty well known that Saraya was working injured before that match and she was going to be put on the shelf sooner or later.  Is now a good time to talk about all the people Charlotte Flair injured such as dropping Sasha on her fucking neck during their SummerSlam match?  Lol.....  your hate on is weird. 

17 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It's pretty well known that Saraya was working injured before that match and she was going to be put on the shelf sooner or later.  Is now a good time to talk about all the people Charlotte Flair injured such as dropping Sasha on her fucking neck during their SummerSlam match?  Lol.....  your hate on is weird. 

I don't give a shit about Charlotte. I just think it's funny that literally nothing Mercedes does is an issue with you. She's injured multiple people, some on purpose, but it's ok because it's her, right?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Just Dave said:

I don't give a shit about Charlotte. I just think it's funny that literally nothing Mercedes does is an issue with you. She's injured multiple people, some on purpose, but it's ok because it's her, right?

Who are the people she injured and who did she injure on purpose? 

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

Wasn’t he in stadium stampede or something?

the Matt/Sammy Elite Deletion in 2020 and then in 2022 during the Hardyz/Bucks feud. 

He was supposed to do a segment with Christian in 2021 but got nixed after WWE had Edge do the Brood entrance first that same week

• Like 1

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

My first thought was Lita and then remembered everything else. Maybe Helms? Is Jason Arndt still around? Rhino? 

Did I mention that when I saw 7 Seconds last December, Lita was their merch person? When I bought my shirt, I kept thinking that she looked familiar and then when their tour was over Kevin Seconds posted on IG thanking Amy Dumas.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

the Matt/Sammy Elite Deletion in 2020 and then in 2022 during the Hardyz/Bucks feud. 

He was supposed to do a segment with Christian in 2021 but got nixed after WWE had Edge do the Brood entrance first that same week

I was watching in 2022 and don’t remember Gangrel

On 3/22/2024 at 8:16 AM, Technico Support said:

Every time I start to feel bad about my hair thinning and getting patchy in front a few years back, leading me to just shave it weekly with a 1 guard, I'll revisit this thread.  Thanks, dudes! 

This is the way to go.  I started losing my hair at 18, which obviously wasn't great, but I won the bald guy lottery by having a normal-shaped head and light colored hair so I've just been buzzing it to the scalp for 20+ years and didn't waste years with increasingly-awkward cover ups.

One of two good pieces of life advice I got from Maxim magazine.  The other was that if you're not drinking coffee or booze drink water; don't fuck with soda or juice.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, zendragon said:

Got the feeling with this that it somehow wasn't sleazy enough. Kinda try-hard, and the vocals... well, the higher ones in the background might've fit better. Inepsy would have crushed this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

This is the way to go.  I started losing my hair at 18, which obviously wasn't great, but I won the bald guy lottery by having a normal-shaped head and light colored hair so I've just been buzzing it to the scalp for 20+ years and didn't waste years with increasingly-awkward cover ups.

One of two good pieces of life advice I got from Maxim magazine.  The other was that if you're not drinking coffee or booze drink water; don't fuck with soda or juice.

This and this.  The exception being booze with zero calorie soda🤣