DVDVR Message Board

R-EVOLUTION V - 3/3/2024

I’ve assumed that was going to be the outcome since Sting/Darby won the titles I never thought the Bucks would go over since the match was announced. 

• Like 1

Why Fite.tv sucks now it's Triller TV: AEW PPVs would be $19.99, or $17.99 if you were an AEW+ Subscriber (US Dollars). Revolution is £19.99 if you're subben to AEW+, or £24.99 if you aren't (UK pounds). 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Sting should go out on a win.

My only qualm with that is that, on paper, letting a sexagenarian go completely undefeated over your roster for a couple of years is odd booking. 

But then, it's Sting and everybody loves him, so why not?

• Like 2

He might want to go out on his back ( 🎵 "TRADITIONNNNNN" 🎵 ) but it isn't really necessary here, and I think he's smart enough to see that. 

We'll get a tournament with a NEW BIG SHINY PAIR OF BELTS.

• Like 3

If Sting in AEW is like Terry Funk in ECW, the Funker went on a real tear and beat almost everyone before losing the world title to Sabu and then getting pinned by Shane Douglas in a triple threat in his last two matches there. I could see Sting doing the favors in his last match. And Terry did think he was retiring around then too so it's sort of similar

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AxB said:

Why Fite.tv sucks now it's Triller TV: AEW PPVs would be $19.99, or $17.99 if you were an AEW+ Subscriber (US Dollars). Revolution is £19.99 if you're subben to AEW+, or £24.99 if you aren't (UK pounds). 

Only found this out today as I rarely use my Fire TV stick. I was looking for the Fite app. Bloody shocked me. When did this fucking change?

23 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

My only qualm with that is that, on paper, letting a sexagenarian go completely undefeated over your roster for a couple of years is odd booking. 

If anyone deserves a pass, it's Sting. You need more feel good moments in wrestling.

19 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

He might want to go out on his back ( 🎵 "TRADITIONNNNNN" 🎵 ) but it isn't really necessary here, and I think he's smart enough to see that. 

We'll get a tournament with a NEW BIG SHINY PAIR OF BELTS.

Sting picked the Young Bucks for his last ever match and you have to go with Sting's wishes if he wants to go out on his back...but I'm hoping Coach Tony vetoes it.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

All in tags/multi-man matches though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

All in tags/multi-man matches though.

Fair. But still, if you bring in a legend who's near retirement, you'd think you'd want them to put somebody over before they retired.

Of course, you'd want that somebody not to be a Young Buck, so...

It's 2024. I'd say there's more value in fan perception and brand trust to having AEW treat a legend on the level of Sting properly than to have him put over someone established on the way out.

• Like 6

If Swerve and Christian had defeated Stong and Darby at All In 2023, would that have really mattered? Unless Darby is supposed to have an "Undefeated in Coffin Matches" gimmick I suppose.

I'm really looking forward to this show, a lot of potential top to bottom and every match could be (to use common rating terms) a ***+ match (depending on the scramble and Toni/Deonna). As a lifelong Stinger, obviously that match is the biggest to me but both Danielson/Kingston and Takeshita/Ospreay could steal the show. And I'm expecting a pretty vocal crowd. Should be a hell of a show.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Fair. But still, if you bring in a legend who's near retirement, you'd think you'd want them to put somebody over before they retired.

Of course, you'd want that somebody not to be a Young Buck, so...

I’m on the record (in this thread I think) predicting that after they win the tag match, Sting is going to challenge Darby to a (short) singles match where he puts Darby over. 

1 minute ago, JLowe said:

I’m on the record (in this thread I think) predicting that after they win the tag match, Sting is going to challenge Darby to a (short) singles match where he puts Darby over. 

That is a bold claim. I admire your moxie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JLowe said:

It would probably be a Mutoh/Chono post retirement style singles match but the crowd would probably eat it up. I don't expect that to happen but I'd certainly enjoy it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

That is a bold claim. I admire your moxie.

It’s a variation on the Mutoh retirement match, except Mutoh lost both the announced match and the surprise.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

If Swerve and Christian had defeated Stong and Darby at All In 2023, would that have really mattered? Unless Darby is supposed to have an "Undefeated in Coffin Matches" gimmick I suppose.

I think he is supposed to have such a gimmick.

51 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I thought of mentioning that scenario (but couldn't remember who proposed it). It would be sort of a best-of-both-worlds situation. I'd like to see it, though I'm not sure we will.

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

It's 2024. I'd say there's more value in fan perception and brand trust to having AEW treat a legend on the level of Sting properly than to have him put over someone established on the way out.

Oh, certainly having somebody already established beat Sting would be pointless. But somebody who's popular but hasn't really been treated as a top guy? Like, say, a Darby Allin? That could do some good I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Exactly. This isn’t the “fuck the fans for being invested in this story” promotion. End the show with a Sting send off and worry about the title stuff on Wednesday. 

• Like 5

I was a little Stinger. I'm still a little Stinger. And tonight is going to be very emotional for me.  Hope you all have a great time watching tonight.

Did I ever tell the story about the only time I met Sting?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1