DVDVR Message Board

RAW MOVING TO NETFLIX! EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!

13 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

We've got Dish; Max isn't even an option on here. We did subscribe to a Cinemax package once upon a time but now it isn't even showing up in the full, uncut channel guide.

I just checked. If you have HBO through Dish, you should be able to connect your Dish credentials and sign into Max. Go to max.com, click sign in, then choose Connect Your Provider. Dish is third on the left.

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2024 at 4:13 PM, Raziel said:

It may not be a boom, but we are indeed likely in the hottest Era of pro-wrestling since the Monday Night War, and by far the most accessible. 

I can believe that, certainly. 

On 1/23/2024 at 4:18 PM, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

But I would say that if everything else on TV is drowning but TV products like pro wrestling are getting Big Four sports level rights fees and their gates are near or at record levels? We're probably in a boom.

I think this is a fair argument, though I tend to think that live sports and sports-adjacent programming is still going through a cost-inflation period and that the bubble is going to pop for everyone but the NFL, English Premier League, and maybe the NBA. Netflix was wise to leave themselves an out in five years.

On 1/23/2024 at 5:18 PM, Matt D said:

I was going on the crazy sell outs everywhere.

I'm always worried to talk about sellouts because, uh, people have lots of opinions about attendance numbers, their trustworthiness, and what they might mean. I will say this: If you're going by big shows in arenas, I can see this being the crux of a boom argument, absolutely. If you're talking about week-to-week attendance at your typical weekly shows, then I wouldn't say we're in a boom period when looking at that landscape. 

2 minutes ago, SirSmUgly said:

I'm always worried to talk about sellouts because, uh, people have lots of opinions about attendance numbers, their trustworthiness, and what they might mean. I will say this: If you're going by big shows in arenas, I can see this being the crux of a boom argument, absolutely. If you're talking about week-to-week attendance at your typical weekly shows, then I wouldn't say we're in a boom period when looking at that landscape. 

I’m not going to wrestletix but house shows seem to have been booming in Nov/Dec. Lots of shows with over 10k for just a house show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I’m not going to wrestletix but house shows seem to have been booming in Nov/Dec. Lots of shows with over 10k for just a house show.

The house show market for WWE definitely has been booming for awhile now. Just based on Colorado,  I can tell you that 6 years ago they had half full houses at smaller arenas and now they're almost filling the Ball arena. 

I think probably what's happening is that WWE is in a boom period, not pro wrestling. Actually, yeah, this is just a weird period. You have big shows selling out and even TNA packed 'em in for a recent PPV at a higher amount than ever before, but WWE's the only company doing consistent big business at their weekly and house shows, too. It seems like only WWE has all the things lined up that would make you argue that they're in a boom. 

18 minutes ago, SirSmUgly said:

I think probably what's happening is that WWE is in a boom period, not pro wrestling. Actually, yeah, this is just a weird period. You have big shows selling out and even TNA packed 'em in for a recent PPV at a higher amount than ever before, but WWE's the only company doing consistent big business at their weekly and house shows, too. It seems like only WWE has all the things lined up that would make you argue that they're in a boom. 

Oh yeah, just WWE, though I’d be interested at looking at how indies were doing.