DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies & TV - 2024

Well that's as good a reason to start a new thread.   So, we're gonna try something a little different this year...  TV & Movies, together again!   

Whee! 

Not sure what happened with Yeun, but if I can guess, he's probably a highly in-demand talent right now and he was coming on before the strikes hit which caused major delays throughout the industry. So he likely had to move on to other projects. 

What Thunderbolts should do is pivot to Zemo. Make Zemo leader of the team as Citizen V. When Zemo shows his hand and offers the T-Bolts a place by his side, they will side with Winter Soldier. Have Zemo as Citizen V earn the public and government's trust so he can take over the world since that's the only way to save the world and cleanse it of superheroes. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

So we can see Firestar and Iceman when? 😉

When's he's finished serving his suspension for (metaphorically) hooking up with his teachers...

tumblr_mh5ovsGSNT1s4nzkso1_500.gif

• Haha 1

Steven Yeun apologized for dropping out of Thunderbolts (the reason was scheduling conflicts due to things being delayed by the strike)

Yeun said he still wants to do a Marvel movie

Last Marvel Studios thing I watched from beginning to end was Thor: Love and Thunder (2022). My interest in the MCU has decreased big time since Avengers: Endgame (2019). Phase 4 was the worst for me. I'd say the only great things to come from it were Loki Season 1 (2021) and Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021). Less is more. Marvel Studios has gone for quantity over quality since Disney+ IMO. I've only seen one episode of Loki Season 2 (2023) even with what I've said about Loki Season 1 and despite really liking What If Season 1 (2021) has stopped me from Season 2 (2023).

As for Echo (2024), Echo doesn't need her own show. I wasn't going to watch that either but will for Matt Murdock/Daredevil and Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin played perfectly by Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio. I wanted both in the MCU proper for ages but with Marvel Studios quality control not what it was and nothing has come close by Marvel Studios to Daredevil Netflix specifically Season 1 (2015) then Season 3 (2018). Season 2 (2016) was still really good but not at those levels. Daredevil Netflix is the best live action Marvel ever. Hell it might be the best Marvel adaptation of all time, only competition is The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008-2009) and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (2010-2012). Wish we had Daredevil Season 4 instead.

If you liked the first two, you’re doing yourself a disservice if you haven’t watched GotG Vol 3. It’s really fantastic.

Black Panther was really good too, even if Letitia was problematic with her social media. It’s a really good movie about grief, acceptance and finding the courage to move on.

FWIW both of those movies made me cry too.

Also Hawkeye has joined Die Hard and Christmas Vacation in my “I will watch this every December” list, so there’s that. I love Kate Bishop a lot.

And S4 of Daredevil is basically Born Again, they said in the past few weeks that Netflix Daredevil is canon (of course) so this’ll likely continue that story. But without some characters, which’ll piss people off but it’s whatever to me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Casey said:

If you liked the first two, you’re doing yourself a disservice if you haven’t watched GotG Vol 3. It’s really fantastic.

Black Panther was really good too, even if Letitia was problematic with her social media. It’s a really good movie about grief, acceptance and finding the courage to move on.

Also Hawkeye has joined Die Hard and Christmas Vacation in my “I will watch this every December” list, so there’s that. I love Kate Bishop a lot.

And S4 of Daredevil is basically Born Again, they said in the past few weeks that Netflix Daredevil is canon (of course) so this’ll likely continue that story. But without some characters, which’ll piss people off but it’s whatever to me.

Paul doesn’t like cosmic Marvel stuff.

• Like 2

Oh, well, fair enough.

And expanding on the last bit of my post - they’ve added the Defenders Saga into the Official Timeline on Disney+

Daredevil & Jessica Jones: after GOTG Vol 2 but before Age of Ultron

Luke Cage, Iron Fist & The Defenders: after Ant-Man but before Civil War

The Punisher: between Homecoming & Dr. Strange

Echo: between Wakanda Forever & She-Hulk

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Casey said:

I thought about catching up for completions sake with the films. I was in the minority when it comes to the Guardians of the Galaxy films. I've seen a few clips of Vol. 3 showing Rocket Raccoon origin and that me got me crying. I hate animal cruelty. I really liked Black Panther but honestly thought it was a tad overrated. It's so sad what happened to Chadwick Boseman. I wanted anybody but Letita Wright as the new Black Panther. The grief theme is a hook though. I liked Hawkeye solely for Kate Bishop and Yelena Belova relationship. I'm a fan of Hailee Steinfeld and Florence Pugh also. Hope Daredevil: Born Again brings back Foggy Nelson played by Eiden Henson and Karen Page played by Deborah Ann Woll but it doesn't sound like it.

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Paul doesn’t like cosmic Marvel stuff.

Yeah, Thanos aside. I'm glad cosmic Marvel does for others that it doesn't for me.

28 minutes ago, Casey said:

Oh, well, fair enough.

And expanding on the last bit of my post - they’ve added the Defenders Saga into the Official Timeline on Disney+

Nice to see the Netflix shows officially added into the MCU proper. I watched all three seasons of Daredevil, Jessica Jones Season 1 and The Defenders.

Edited by The Natural

6 hours ago, Casey said:

Oh, well, fair enough.

Thank you. What's the official word on Agents of Shield and Agent Carter? ABC in the USA, right? I'd take Agents of Shield Season 4 and Agent Carter Season 1 over the Disney+ shows with Loki Season 1 the exception.

Agent Carter is canon and included in the main timeline.

AoS & Inhumans aren’t canon to the main timeline - if I had to guess, Inhumans could be part of the Illuminati universe and AoS isn’t because of S6 & S7. It probably would be if they could separate shows by season on the timeline on D+ but they don’t do that (yet). Then there’s the whole thing of Laura Barton being Agent 19 aka Mockingbird…

All of those shows were on ABC.

For my money, the majority of the D+ shows have been better. I’m one of the few that really liked stuff like Ms. Marvel and F&TWS, so.. yeah. 😂

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Speaking of that, the first episode of Echo was better than probably anyone expected. 

I took Episode 1 for a spin with low expectations and really enjoyed it.  I'm in a hotel for work tonight, so i might binge the whole thing.

• Like 1

3 episodes in on Echo so far and I like it. Its not a show that feels needed per say, but it has been done well so far. Will finish up later tonight. 

The cameo in the first episode was a nice surprise.

4 hours ago, J.H. said:

I watched Echo 1&2 and had a good time. Still don't get why nerds were upbin arms over the fight scene

James

Did a girl beat a guy?  If so, that's why.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4